The Student Room Group

Edexcel FP1 Thread - 20th May, 2016

Scroll to see replies

Trust messed that one up bad lost at least 15-20 marks
Reply 1121
On the second proof I got to 5*(1/3)^k+2 + 4/3
Not k+1 how did anyone else get to the answer for the second proof
Both co-ordinate system questions and the first proof by induction completely destroyed my soul
I thought apart from the last question the paper was straight forward. (Don't roast me plz)
Someone please make a hitler reacts to fp1 vid
Original post by econecon*
OMG
The last question 9b I cannot prove!! I equate them together but there was 5p cube sth...
Probably gain one mark for the method.
Also, I forgot to equate the y coordinate to zero!! My mind was all about the x coordinate greater than zero lol.
Waiting for Arsey's answer...
Let's hope the grade boundary of this will be around 66/67 for 90...

Lol i couldnt prove x so i equated whatever i had to their x and used their x and subbed it in the y=-x to prove the y coordinate. The last part to find the midpoint i was getting there doing 1/2* x coordinate of p + x coordinate
Same with y but i couldnt finish it as time finished. I really wish arsey releases the papers quick. I saw the paper on the table i was so tempted to tak a few pictures. Lol
**** my life and everything in it that was brutal. I feel such a ****ing fool for not understanding the z^2 + 2z is real bit. Didn't even get to finish my proof for the summation.. Edexcel is reaming me in the ass man wow

Posted from TSR Mobile
Probably got like 62/75. So stupid of me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
How did you do 7(d)? Find the value of k for which T maps points on y=kx onto itself?
I was hoping to get very very high mark on this because my decision maths and stats aren't good. Now, I truly feel that PRESSURE!!
:frown:
Original post by Orwellianhipster
Someone please make a hitler reacts to fp1 vid

He wont react, same thing that happened to us will happen to him blood would just stop flowing to his brain and he'll die
That was ****ed
Original post by Princepieman
**** my life and everything in it that was brutal. I feel such a ****ing fool for not understanding the z^2 + 2z is real bit. Didn't even get to finish my proof for the summation.. Edexcel is reaming me in the ass man wow

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too!!!! ****ing hell

Posted from TSR Mobile
Very reasonable paper, I would expect standard boundaries
Original post by econecon*
I was hoping to get very very high mark on this because my decision maths and stats aren't good. Now, I truly feel that PRESSURE!!
:frown:

Practice D1 its easy to get 100% as its just learning the method theres no hard questions that you wont understand.
Wait i just realized i'm talking about the IAL one, so the GCE was hard?
Original post by veldt127

Lol youre the only one who thinks its reasonable i think ot was twice as hard as last years.
Original post by veldt127

LOL
For 7d bascially it was worded weirdly but you had to find the inverse and multiply by the coordinates to get p and q. Answers were -3 and -9 I think cant remember.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending