The Student Room Group

Egyptair plane with 66 passengers disappears from radar

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Destoroyah
If terrorism is the root cause of this particular incident, it could just be that A320s are being singled out, for reasons that are of course unknown.

Or it could just be that these events happen in Europe/ North Africa where the A320 is simply more common?
Original post by beta_tester
I'd be surprised if a terrorist who infiltrates one of the most secure airports in Europe would make a mistake.

You have not yet shown that a terrorist infiltrated Paris. You haven't yet shown that Paris is as secure as you claim. Your confidence in the infallibiity of terrorists is touching. Countless incidents of accidental self-destruction have occurred over the years.
Original post by Drewski
How do you know this?

I don't but its the safest way for a terror cell to place a bomb on a plane and to get away from the airport as fast as possible without leaving any trace.
Original post by Drewski
How do you know this?

That too.
Original post by Destoroyah
If terrorism is the root cause of this particular incident, it could just be that A320s are being singled out, for reasons that are of course unknown.

Then again, as I'm sure you'll agree, it could be that they are not being singled out.
Original post by Good bloke
You have not yet shown that a terrorist infiltrated Paris. You haven't yet shown that Paris is as secure as you claim. Your confidence in the infallibiity of terrorists is touching. Countless incidents of accidental self-destruction have occurred over the years.

I'll refer you to my backup source

this was almost certainly not an explosion, a 'heat flash' was detected and reported just hours after the Sinai plane crash, if a bomb went off, the same thing would've been indicated, but instead it was actually dismissed, from The Guardian:

Screen Shot 2016-05-20 at 11.06.58.png
Original post by Drewski
How do you know this?
Seems like he took my advice to read tea leaves. :wink:
I've told you already.

1. the bomb went off 3:40 into a 4:00 flight, a time at which the plane is very likely to start descending, at lower altitudes, the force of a bomb is lessened because of the pressure difference

2. the plane performed a 'left and right circle' manoeuvre after the incident, a significant bomb probably would break the aircraft in two and it would not do this, a source on BBC also verified that it is more likely to be an incident in the cockpit rather than a bomb

3. the plane left from Paris and Cairo previously, two very secure airports, given that they have been subject to two major terror attacks in the last year

4. no one has claimed responsibility

1) the first part is right the issue started at 3:40 we do not know what this was. the rest is your opinion

2) it has been reported yes and the fats are below other people opinions just because they support your are not facts.

"The picture we have at the moment of the accident as it emerges from the Greek air force operations centre is that the aircraft was approximately 10-15 miles inside the Egyptian FIR [flight information region] and at an altitude of 37,000 feet.
"It turned 90 degrees left and then a 360-degree turn toward the right, dropping from 37,000 to 15,000 feet and then it was lost at about 10,000 feet."

3) all airports are considered secure until they are not so this isn't really a fact just your opinion (also given the recent issue of some airport staff having their security clearance revoked over fears of links to Islamic extremist it's a bizarre claim to make)

4) yes they have

So your facts are not actual facts apart from 2 points when the issue started and the odd behavior of the turns

You've then thrown in a lot of opinion and cherry picked news reporting

But tell me why do you not want to wait for the facts before stating specifically it wasn't terrorism?
I'll refer you to my backup source

this was almost certainly not an explosion, a 'heat flash' was detected and reported just hours after the Sinai plane crash, if a bomb went off, the same thing would've been indicated, but instead it was actually dismissed, from The Guardian:

How does that shed any light on the security of the Paris airport, or the infallibility of terrorists?
Original post by BaconandSauce
1) the first part is right the issue started at 3:40 we do not know what this was. the rest is your opinion

2) it has been reported yes and the fats are below other people opinions just because they support your are not facts.

"The picture we have at the moment of the accident as it emerges from the Greek air force operations centre is that the aircraft was approximately 10-15 miles inside the Egyptian FIR [flight information region] and at an altitude of 37,000 feet.
"It turned 90 degrees left and then a 360-degree turn toward the right, dropping from 37,000 to 15,000 feet and then it was lost at about 10,000 feet."

3) all airports are considered secure until they are not so this isn't really a fact just your opinion (also given the recent issue of some airport staff having their security clearance revoked over fears of links to Islamic extremist it's a bizarre claim to make)

4) yes they have

So your facts are not actual facts apart from 2 points when the issue started and the odd behavior of the turns

You've then thrown in a lot of opinion and cherry picked news reporting

But tell me why do you not want to wait for the facts before stating specifically it wasn't terrorism?

I'll refer you to my source, as you evidently won't believe a thing I say

How does that shed any light on the security of the Paris airport, or the infallibility of terrorists?

It doesn't but it rules out the possibility of an explosion
I'd be surprised if a terrorist who infiltrates one of the most secure airports in Europe would make a mistake.

and ISIS hasn't claimed responsibility, if it did, it would be plastered over the entire internet and not just one obscure news source

repped by mistake
repped by mistake

Stop lying, ISIS have not claimed responsibility

if they did, it would be plastered all over the entire internet
I'll refer you to my source, as you evidently won't believe a thing I say

again just someones opinion
It doesn't but it rules out the possibility of an explosion

No. If true, it tends to rule out the likelihood of an explosion.

You don't even name or link to your source.
(edited 7 years ago)
No. If true, it tends to rule out the likelihood of an explosion.

You don't even name or link to your source.

I said the guardian, learn to read

This is what I said:

are you blind, by any chance?
Stop lying, ISIS have not claimed responsibility

No you are right I read a report yesterday which has since been pulled

See this is what happens when you reply upon news rather than facts
(edited 7 years ago)
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/05/breaking-isis-claims-downing-egyptair-flight-ms804/

Now rightly this is being ignored as hot air but to say they haven't claimed would be wrong

You didn't answer my question again

Oh, that's weird

Screen Shot 2016-05-20 at 11.17.19.png

Now who do I trust, some random source I've never seen before, or the BBC?
Oh, that's weird

Screen Shot 2016-05-20 at 11.17.19.png

Now who do I trust, some random source I've never seen before, or the BBC?

Finally you admit you are simply reading news stories (like me) rather than basing your opinions on facts

You didn't answer my question again

Finally you admit you are simply reading news stories (like me) rather than basing your opinions on facts

Did I, or didn't I, just prove to you that ISIS haven't claimed responsibility?

Or are the BBC just badly informed and a poor news source?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending