The Student Room Group

Edexcel FP1 Thread - 20th May, 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pereira325
Think i got ~50 which sucks... most questions were easy. Got confused/ stuck on the chord question (tried and failed), both inductions lol (obvs managed for n=1 but failed in n=k+1 ) and on the find a when z is a real number.. disappointed not sure how i could have done better. Thought series was my weak spot but that question was simple

Second induction was calm, first one made me want to stab someone.

Got stuck on the chord one and not realising in time that when a number is 'real' the imaginary part = 0. Obvs without knowing a I couldn't do the rest of the question. I'm such an idiot

Posted from TSR Mobile
2.03 for the modulus and -8i for z squared?
68/75
Someone tell me the answer to 6a and 8i
Original post by tejsanghavi
was the area of triangle 49root2/2

Yes, talking about IAL
Does any one got the unofficial MS? oh this one is so hard f**k Edxecel kills me
Original post by Princepieman

Got stuck on the chord one and not realising in time that when a number is 'real' the imaginary part = 0. Obvs without knowing a I couldn't do the rest of the question. I'm such an idiot

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mate that induction one made vomit a little :s-smilie:
Do they do error carried forward marks? Realised I messed up a question so bad :frown:
Fairly nasty by fp1 standards but not impossible
edexcel are *******s
Reply 1210
Oh, did you have to say the line segment was translated? I only said it was parallel and twice the size. I guess those are close enough to get the marks?

Oh, and the exam wouldn't have been hard had I not done 2*2 = 2 or 10/5 = 0.5. I ended up with very little time left to check at the end, so I'm not 100% sure of my answers to the first half. Hopefully I can still get 100%, because it would be really annoying to miss out on my goal on the first exam.
(edited 7 years ago)
*impatiently waits for unofficial mark scheme*
they are asssholes
I hate how they use ps and qs, I mix them up so much of the time
Use a and b, at least.
Guyys,
Did anyone get 2.03 for the modulus and -8i for z squared?
Original post by TLDM
Oh, did you have to say the line segment was translated? I only said it was parallel and twice the size. I guess those are close enough to get the marks?

I said they were parallel with the same gradient, do you think they needed length mentioned for the second mark?
Original post by Kavinthan
edexcel are *******s

:colone:
Original post by Princepieman

Posted from TSR Mobile

Got the inductions with a bit of disgusting work, wasn't nice though, and I realised that the imaginary part=0 in the last 5 minutes so had Five minutes to finish off the question, just about got it all apart from the one marker in part e). I was so annoyed about not knowing how to do that question until I realised though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mathew daniels
Guyys,
Did anyone get 2.03 for the modulus and -8i for z squared?

I got -8i for z^2 but 2.03 was the argument!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by midgemeister7
Should have been root5 iirc

I meant for the "work out value of a" question. Someone got 3.something.

What did you get for the modulus on that? I got modulus to be 5 and Argument to be Pi.

Quick Reply

Latest