The Student Room Group

How did you find the Edexcel FP1?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JamieOH
If you mean the singular A matrix then you end up with k^2=1/2 so k= +-1/√2, no completing of any squares? Atleast that's what I got. I got 12.468 or something for Newton Raphson. 2.03 for some angle.

got the exact same!
Lol, edexcel wants to kill me....
Reply 22
Original post by themechguy
I think that exam was a bit tougher than usual, built up from the easy questions at the start to some potentially more difficult and wordy ones at the end. Might have lost 2 marks on wordy stuff.

Another tricky one was the last part of question 9. Did anybody get 5 root 2 as their x coordinate of M?

P=√2 is what I got. Not sure what co-ordinate that gives.
Original post by JamieOH
P=√2 is what I got. Not sure what co-ordinate that gives.

i got root2 aswell
omg

15root2/4?
Reply 25
Original post by zainyyyyy
i got root2 aswell
omg

15root2/4?

(5√2)/4 I think I put. Where does the 15 come from?
I thought it went ok. Got caught up with 9b and so didnt finish that or 9c properly due to time. Managed to do everything else till that point, though reading other people's response on here I'm doubting myself on a few questions. Can't worry really! It's done. Onto fp2...
Justice! They made GCE harder than IAL! :biggrin:
Original post by JamieOH

are you sure?
Original post by JamieOH

i got 5 root 2 and I'm certain I'm wrong, I found the distance between the point and the midpoint in x , halved then added to the point to find whatever value of p ugh...
Exam wasn't too bad, only the last part of the last question that stumped me, oh and part e) of question 7, about the relationship between two points on the argand diagram. Also, do we know if you lose marks for not putting Im and Re for the axis?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LewisClothier
Exam wasn't too bad, only the last part of the last question that stumped me, oh and part e) of question 7, about the relationship between two points on the argand diagram. Also, do we know if you lose marks for not putting Im and Re for the axis?

Posted from TSR Mobile

For the relationship between the two chords I said they were parallel as the gradient was the same.
Reply 32
Original post by JamieOH

It was definitely 15root2/4
Reply 33
i got 5 root 2 and I'm certain I'm wrong, I found the distance between the point and the midpoint in x , halved then added to the point to find whatever value of p ugh...

Midpoint lay on y=0, solve for the y co-ordinate to equal 0 gives +-√2, dismiss -√2 as x is positive, put √2 in x co-ordinate/2 and thats the answer. I think. I cant remember what I put either.
Original post by Jaxce
Guys what did u get for the last question

14/5 root2 or something similar.
Original post by JamieOH
If you mean the singular A matrix then you end up with k^2=1/2 so k= +-1/√2, no completing of any squares? Atleast that's what I got. I got 12.468 or something for Newton Raphson. 2.03 for some angle.

I got -2.03 for the angle.
Original post by JamieOH

I got +-1/√2 and 12.468, but I **cked up question 7
Original post by JamieOH

Agreed for all of those
Reply 38
For the relationship between the two chords I said they were parallel as the gradient was the same.

Perpendicular I put? If R was 5? Maybe it wasnt
(edited 7 years ago)

I didn't say the gradient was the same, I proved it they were parallel however using the ideas of vectors, that is that OA = 2 * PR, would I lose a mark for that?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending