The Student Room Group

Edexcel FP1 Thread - 20th May, 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kelvin1338
Mate all it said was to describe the geometric relationship between two lines. No matrices involved.

I wrote enlargement scale factor 2 centre (0,0) followed by a translation (-4,-3)
Original post by iMacJack
I've said it so many times but I'm soooo disappointed in myself with this :frown: Probably got an A (62/63) but not a very good one :frown: Can anyone give me some advice or try and cheer me up?

Remember that an A grade is good
Original post by Haamoo7
Currently I have 94 UMS for FP1, 91 UMS for D1 and 89 UMS for M1 (my AS Further Math modules).

Wanted to get 100 UMS to reach 280/300 total UMS, as I'm more confident in FP1 than my other modules, and because the average UMS for students at my school (for AS further maths) is 279/300.

So to even stand out in my school's pool of applicants to the top unis, I need to score pretty highly.

:/

You all just sound like a bunch of stuck up f*****s with no life skills.
Original post by Econ/Chem/FMaths
I wrote enlargement scale factor 2 centre (0,0) followed by a translation (-4,-3)

That is exactly what I wrote. so glad to see someone wrote that too :smile:
Hoping the unofficial mark scheme is out soon b4 I kms

Arsey wyd
I've said it so many times but I'm soooo disappointed in myself with this :frown: Probably got an A (62/63) but not a very good one :frown: Can anyone give me some advice or try and cheer me up?

Watch the FP1 Hitler reaction video, vent on twitter, eat some chocolate, cry in a corner.
Reply 1486
Original post by shuu00
Hoping the unofficial mark scheme is out soon b4 I kms

Arsey wyd

heard hes in prison

free arsey
Original post by ombtom
Other way around for me; I'd got A* in most past papers, then I just froze when I saw the peg.

Can't remember how many marks they were, sorry.

I thought it was a nice peg 😌😂. If my brain decided to abandon me for fp1 I can only imagine fp2. Gosh I am dreading that now. 😕
Original post by Yua
did you do the paper? no so shut up.

Well I suppose it'll be up later. And if it does turn out to be the hardest paper ever, then I guess I apologise for my presumptions...
Original post by Person18
I don't know, I found that confusing though, why couldn't they just give the transformation and matrix the same letter, or if that's wrong, then a capital and lower case. I suppose you did do the right maths so may be

now i remember that the matrix was actually R, cus in the exam i wasnt think much about the letter and i saw they said show that T is self inverse so i put T in without thinking :'(
Original post by HarshaPeed
You all just sound like a bunch of stuck up f*****s with no life skills.

Lmao.

Just because we get high(ish) grades, we have no life skills?

Last year I was getting 75/75 in every paper but I got to the exam and panicked and got only 66 ums. You get a second try if you want it but be happy because all you need now is an A so if you buckle up next year and get those 90%'s you'll get your A* or A.
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Well I suppose it'll be up later. And if it does turn out to be the hardest paper ever, then I guess I apologise for my presumptions...

Even if the paper came out, your vantage point of having dealt with uni level maths wouldn't dictate an accurate 'reaction' to how most people felt.

Posted from TSR Mobile
i always screw up under exam pressure

I feel you. I always got 99-100% in FP1 and now probably a low A. What a **** up 😕 We can cry together if u want?

Don't worry I was aiming for 90+ UMS and ended up just missing out on an A last year and still aiming for an A* this year. It's not too limiting if you don't do as well as you wanted to ☺️
Original post by anndz3007
now i remember that the matrix was actually R, cus in the exam i wasnt think much about the letter and i saw they said show that T is self inverse so i put T in without thinking :'(

I put T too hahahah RIP
Original post by AndrewCanFly
Just had a look at the specification and it says you need to now how to find the inverse of a matrix and now what singular/non-singular matricies are not one mention of that self inverting ******** though

Self-inverse isn't really a topic in itself. The clue is in the name - you had to show that the inverse of the matrix is the same as the matrix itself. And that requires FP1 techniques
Original post by Haamoo7
Lmao.

Just because we get high(ish) grades, we have no life skills?

I love how you added the "high(ish)" bit to show deep down in your heart you're an extremely modest person.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending