The Student Room Group

Teacher lied about which tier I was sitting?

I received my exam timetable which said I was sitting for foundation and I asked my teacher about it but he kept insisting that I was doing the higher and he was 100% sure I'm doing the higher and not foundation, so I spent my whole weekend revising for the higher tier and in my exam I was told that I was sitting for the foundation and not higher at all (which was such a waste of whole revision because I could've comply revised for foundation) and my teacher even said that he knew I was doing foundation but only said that I was doing higher to prepare me even more. Is this even acceptable?
Edit: people are saying that it's because I'm not "capable" of doing higher, I've been doing higher papers for this subject and had managed to do well in it, they put me on foundation for a completely different reason, but that's beside the point I'm just annoyed that I prepared myself a lot for higher only to end up doing foundation
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Ofcourse it wasn't right. But surely it benefitted you because as far as I remember foundation and higher cover the same topics anyway. Except in the foundation exam the questions are less complex.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Lea84
I received my exam timetable which said I was sitting for foundation and I asked my teacher about it but he kept insisting that I was doing the higher and he was 100% sure I'm doing the higher and not foundation, so I spent my whole weekend revising for the higher tier and in my exam I was told that I was sitting for the foundation and not higher at all (which was such a waste of whole revision because I could've comply revised for foundation) and my teacher even said that he knew I was doing foundation but only said that I was doing higher to prepare me even more. Is this even acceptable?

He literally ruined your life.The maximum grade you can get sitting foundation is a C.When he initially told you that he wanted you to sit foundation you could have gone to a private or a exam center . Your life would have been much easier.It is not accepable at all for a teacher to be dishonest although he wanted you to work hard.
Report him to the principle; lol. How can a teacher do that. Not at all considerable.
Original post by Lea84

If you've covered everything in higher tier then that means you've automatically covered everything for the foundation paper, so what are you complaining about? You wanted to sit the foundation paper and now you are and you've prepared very well for it. Little bit of dishonesty from your teacher but it still works in your favour.
If you pass, it was a brilliant idea. If you fail, report that bitch.
get over it many teachers lie. their target is to get you 5 A*-C no more
Original post by Shaquille O'Feel
If you pass, it was a brilliant idea. If you fail, report that bitch.

What would be the point of reporting? If you manage to fail the foundation paper then obviously you would fail the higher tier miserably
Reply 8
That would piss me off what a turd and bugger all point to it as well.
Reply 9
He did not ruin your life. Get over it. Maybe he forgot, since he has at the very least 30 other kids, and maybe over 100 others and he might not have been sure which test you were in for. If he had got it wrong the other way, and you had been underprepared for the higher because he said foundation then you might have a cause to moan.

Right now though, you are better off concentrating your attention on revising for you next exam instead of whining.
Reply 10
and you done the exam? just get up and say sorry this isn't my paper i'm doing higher. fight for your rights you literally ****ed up
Depends, if youre capable and was able to get over a C then i think that was quite wrong.
report him
that is wrong
and if you think you want to do higher and you were told that you were doing higher
you should do higher
Reply 13
It just made you revise harder. If you fail foundation you would obviously have failed higher since the topcis are pretty similar but it was probably a waste of time...
i was in the exact same position for my GCSE German exam last year, however i was kinda grateful because i was still able to get an A overall but sitting the foundation tier test paper was the more feasible option, initially i was very angry but then it really depends on your capabilities!
Your exam invigilator is supposed to ask you before the exam starts if you've got the right tier in front of you.. if you didn't correct her or tell her you're doing a higher tier then really it was down to you to change it.
Reply 16
I would report him, if you wanted to sit the higher paper and he said you are and that's what he told you to prepare for but knew otherwise, it's pure lying. If he said "hey you're doing foundation but i recommend you prepare using the higher stuff" okay fair enough but this is unacceptable unless you wanted to do the foundation in which case he's just helped you prepare (but still morally wrong)
Reply 17
Original post by cdaniels2011
Your exam invigilator is supposed to ask you before the exam starts if you've got the right tier in front of you.. if you didn't correct her or tell her you're doing a higher tier then really it was down to you to change it.

If their name is down for the foundation tier they wouldn't have gotten the higher paper
Original post by zayn008
If their name is down for the foundation tier they wouldn't have gotten the higher paper

At my school they ask regardless for some reason..
Reply 19
Original post by cdaniels2011
At my school they ask regardless for some reason..

It would've been a serious issue at your school then because you'd be down for foundation, asked to prepare for higher and done the higher paper but when the exam board contact your school saying you're not registered for this exam or your exam is potentially voided due to there being no candidacy for it, you'd be in a serious problem

Quick Reply

Latest