The Student Room Group

Edexcel FP1 Thread - 20th May, 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by westonr
Anyone else thinking that they need to revise but constantly refreshing this page til Arsey appears with model answers cos same

Just wanna find out how I did xD
Reply 1521
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Well I suppose it'll be up later. And if it does turn out to be the hardest paper ever, then I guess I apologise for my presumptions...

I'd say 1-6 was standard, question 7 was slightly hard, 8B was alright, 8A was incredibly hard, 9A was fine, 9B was borderline impossible, 9C wasn't too hard but the stress from not doing 9B can get you. Considering fp1 is usually all standard, the few 'impossible' questions in this paper mean its the hardest paper ever. so don't expect something crazy.
Original post by westonr
Anyone else thinking that they need to revise but constantly refreshing this page til Arsey appears with model answers cos same

Exactly what I'm doing and have been for last couple of hours haha
Original post by jonty258
Exactly what I'm doing and have been for last couple of hours haha

Yep same, I'm not sure I want to know how I did though
Are they ( edexcel) really try to kill us ??
I think i didn't do well because i sorta messed up something in the modulus argument question, and i got a=0 which seems too good to be true. And I spent quite a lot of time doing question 9 and the first part of the proof by induction question.
Original post by miranda nguyen

What questions did you find hard?
Original post by miranda nguyen

I think so because i got 100% in all maths mocks but i still find this difficult:frown:
For the question describing the geometric relationship between OP and QR, how many marks should I get I just wrote "OP is parallel to QR, with QR=2OP"?
Original post by Yua
I'd say 1-6 was standard, question 7 was slightly hard, 8B was alright, 8A was incredibly hard, 9A was fine, 9B was borderline impossible, 9C wasn't too hard but the stress from not doing 9B can get you. Considering fp1 is usually all standard, the few 'impossible' questions in this paper mean its the hardest paper ever. so don't expect something crazy.

This is exactly how I feel. I couldn't do 9B for **** which lead to losing the marks for 9C completely lol
Original post by chewitt77
+-sqr2/2 (+-1/sqr2)
9/2*x^1/2 + 25/2*x^-3/2
12.467 (I double checked this however may still be wrong)
a=38 b=15 c=1
2-2i, -8i, p=-4 q=8
1/p
anti clockwise rotation 45 degree about (0,0) (this may be wrong)
p=-3 q=-9, matrix (0 1 (bottom line 1 0))
a^2 +2a -4 + 4i(a +1), a=-1, sqr5 and 2.03 rad, QR twice the length of OP and QR is parallel to OP
x=15sqr2/4
i got the matrix as anticlockwise rotation 135 degrees about (0,0)! And i didnt know wether the put the modulus as root 5 or put that to 3sf?
Original post by isaac_wood_
i got the matrix as anticlockwise rotation 135 degrees about (0,0)! And i didnt know wether the put the modulus as root 5 or put that to 3sf?

Wasn't it 3dp ????
Reply 1532
Original post by shuu00
This is exactly how I feel. I couldn't do 9B for **** which lead to losing the marks for 9C completely lol

how many marks do you think you dropped?
Wait do people actually think this paper was hard?

I could see the 9b however everything else was standard. Maybe 8i (induction) however that wasn't that bad.

Anyways how did you guys prove that R is its own inverse?

I did Found that R^2 = I
R^{-1}R^2 = R^{-1} I
R = R^{-1}

I wonder if I will lose marks for this.

Also what was the geometry for the lines OP and (QR?). I think I said one was double the length of the other and they were in the same direction.
I thought it was the argument to 3dp and the modulus to whatever you want... I mean, if it's root5, doesn't it make sense to just leave it at root5. The argument wasn't a value of pi, so it made sense to round.
Original post by Yua
how many marks do you think you dropped?

I honestly don't know... hopefully 6 but including careless error it's looking more like 10 fml. Can't wait for the model answers
Original post by ilovetacobell
I think i didn't do well because i sorta messed up something in the modulus argument question, and i got a=0 which seems too good to be true. And I spent quite a lot of time doing question 9 and the first part of the proof by induction question.

Yeah but it said in the question that a isn't equal to zero. I messed that one up as well and got a=-6 as i forgot that the imaginary part is equal to zero...
Original post by iMacJack
Me too!!!! ****ing hell

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have no idea if I done that one right I got like -2/3 or something for the value of a! what did you get?
Original post by ombtom
Yeah, I would've loved it if I'd been awake. :colondollar: I have a two hour written exam before FP2; can't wait...

Are you doing any other mechanics modules this year?

Same I have a 2 hour media, then fp2 then m1 resit fml
Please vote on this year's FP1 and compare with last year
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4101989

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending