The Student Room Group

Edexcel FP1 Thread - 20th May, 2016

Scroll to see replies

isnt it a =36?
Reply 1541
Original post by shuu00
I honestly don't know... hopefully 6 but including careless error it's looking more like 10 fml. Can't wait for the model answers

Yeah i feel like 7 right now, could be more
Original post by Louisb19
Wait do people actually think this paper was hard?

STFU!

You bitch

You do STEP FP2 FP3 So JUST STFU
Original post by ombtom
Yeah, I would've loved it if I'd been awake. :colondollar: I have a two hour written exam before FP2; can't wait...

Are you doing any other mechanics modules this year?

Oh I feel you. This year I have 2.5h Spanish exam followed by Unit 4 physics🙃. If I'll be able to move my hand by the end of the day I will be pleasantly surprised.... 😌
Last year I had 2.5h Spanish + 1.5h physics + 1.5h economics on one day. What a nightmare. 🙄 (Dropped economics - best decision ever).
Only resiting m2 cause I need like 100ums in case I mess up fp2. I did m4 and fp3 but will not be sitting the exams Cause that won't even give me an AS in AFM so no point. And I doubt I'd get better grades in them than in the other units. Tho after today's fp1... Who knows... I would get like 50UMS in C1 probably today 😂
Do you know when the FP1 model answers will be put up
Original post by shuu00
How do you deal with it? I'm scared to take sleeping pills incase they **** up my thinking

Nah don't do it, it's ****ed me over in my AS exams, I had 3 exams in a row which were 5 hours long and I wanted to fall asleep the whole time
Ok how dumb is this. The hall was literally EMPTY like there were only 3 people sitting the exam and the invigilators put us RIGHT NEXT TO THE CANTEEN. Out of allllllll the available space they sat us there.

**** I couldn't focus because the dinner ladies kept laughing and singing fmllllll
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Laurenbruv
Same I have a 2 hour media, then fp2 then m1 resit fml

Media (OCR) then FP2! They're keeping me under supervision until the afternoon. :frown:
Original post by Yunique
STFU!

You bitch

You do STEP FP2 FP3 So JUST STFU

I guess. Although I had to learn all of that stuff on top of FP1 in the same time that everyone else had for just FP1.
Will I get marks for saying the lines are in the same direction (instead of that they are parallel)?
Reply 1550
Original post by Samendra
isnt it a =36?

well imaginary part was i{4a+4)

but its real so i comp is 0

4a+4=0

a = -1
Reply 1551
Will I get marks for saying the lines are in the same direction (instead of that they are parallel)?

did you prove it?
Wait do people actually think this paper was hard?

I could see the 9b however everything else was standard. Maybe 8i (induction) however that wasn't that bad.

Anyways how did you guys prove that R is its own inverse?

I did Found that R^2 = I
R^{-1}R^2 = R^{-1} I
R = R^{-1}

I wonder if I will lose marks for this.

Also what was the geometry for the lines OP and (QR?). I think I said one was double the length of the other and they were in the same direction.

I said that about them being double the length, few I thought it was just me
Anyone done a unofficial mark scheme yet?
Original post by Yua
did you prove it?

Was a proof required?

I thought it was obvious as OP = z and the other one was (z^2 + 2z) - z^2 = 2z
(edited 7 years ago)

It depends, sometimes they're extremely lenient and sometimes they're uptight like a sphincter on steroids. Did* you mention the size of the lines?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1556
Was a proof required?

2 marks so i assume so
Do you expect 75 to be full UMS? I think I lost a mark....T.T
I guess. Although I had to learn all of that stuff on top of FP1 in the same time that everyone else had for just FP1.

WTFFFF

You have knowIedge from two additionaI further maths maths units

You do STEP for whatever reason which enhances your problem solving skiIIs cconsiderably

Think before you post pIz

I won't even get started with that TI CaIc you have
Original post by shuu00
Ok how dumb is this. The hall is literally EMPTY like there are only 3 people sitting the exam and the invigilators put us RIGHT NEXT TO THE CANTEEN. Out of allllllll the available space they sit us there.

**** I couldn't focus because the dinner ladies kept laughing and singing fmllllll

There was a dog outside the exam hall barking for what felt like half an hour. :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending