The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA English Literature - June 2016 *Official Thread*

Scroll to see replies

whats everyones predictions for AIC ( an inspector calls ) my teacher thinks it will be the inspector
Maybe Sheila or Gerald.
Reply 342
Original post by neil99
predictions for aqa of mice and men & the crucible questions?

OMAM might be the George shoots Lennie scene, would be fitting since it is the last year that this novel will be part of the syllabus, something from the very end of the novel to bring a close to the all the exams that have been on it.The theme of dreams has surprisingly never come up before...
I also do AIC
Is Sparknotes any good for Lord of the Flies? Or would you recommend Mr Bruff?
i'm doing the crucible, purple hibiscus and relationships poetry, anyone got any tips?
it would be very much appreciated, thanx :smile:
Studying Of Mice and Men, and An Inspector Calls, and the Charactor cluster in poetry.
Original post by Rossd55
Hi,
I was just wondering whether you are able to take a copy of the text into the exam that has folded pages marking key events? I am unsure as you are not annotating and I don't see how it is not a 'clean' copy
Many thanks

I'm not sure, we're given the texts though (to ensure they're clean) - do you have to bring your own?
Studying To Kill A Mockingbird, Lord of the Flies and Relationships.
Any predictions for what will come up? Panicking:')
Anyone doing of mice and men and an inspector calls?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gracey97
Any predictions for what will come up? Panicking:':wink:

LOTF: They've never asked a question on Roger! The island and conch haven't come up for a while, neither has Simon

TKAM: Little less predictable as we're the last year to study it so they could throw anything but Calpurnia, Mrs. Dubose and Dill haven't been mentioned.

I'm doing the Character and Voice section so can't help you with poetry predictions but for fellow C&V studiers, 'Give' and 'The Ruined Maid' are likely.

English is my best subject so if anyone wants any help, feel free to shoot me a PM.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 350
Hi - please any ideas for Martyn Pig?
Original post by munchjin
I'm studying Of Mice an Men and An Inspector Calls and for poetry I'm doing the relationships cluster.
I heard that it is likely that To His Coy Mistress or In Paris With You or Sister Maude will come up for poetry.

I really need predictions for OMAM and AIC. I'm not confident in all of English lit but the poetry is a little better than the novel and play and I got an A* in my coursework so it shouldn't be too bad.

New to the thread so idk if you've had predictions yet but..
For OMAM: my teacher predicts the question to be based around the Bunkhouse or Candy
For IAC: the predications are the inspector or the theme of 'Old vs. Young'

But remember to also revise other characters rather than basing all your revision on two characters :smile: good luck!
Original post by Ella_08
knowing the examiners probably. i wouldn't be surprised. so yeah i think it'll be carlson or candy

what the heck would you write for carlson though, ive tried revising for him but ive found like nothing on the internet
Isn't it quite inevitable that the American Dream will come up for omam? It has never come up before, and it's the last ever exam for omam, and the American Dream is the main theme of the novella.
Hi, new to the tread (I always find these things late) but I'm doing TKAM, An Inspector Calls and the Relationships cluster.
My teacher thinks Calpurnia, or something about race will come up for TKAM.
An inspector calls is less predictable I think - maybe the Inspector himself? or themes of class / gender / responsibility?
Original post by teacher's pet
Isn't it quite inevitable that the American Dream will come up for omam? It has never come up before, and it's the last ever exam for omam, and the American Dream is the main theme of the novella.

Yeah that's what I'm revising tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
I reckon for inspector calls it will be gerald because he never came up. and the theme social responsibility because that's the main message, and we are the final year doing this.
of mice and men - could be candy or curley.
Original post by teacher's pet
Hello

I have compiled together a list of all the relationships poems and themes that have come up in all available poetry past papers. This should give us a hint as to what poems we should revise more, however, we should still revise them all as anything could come up!

Here is the list:

2015 - Manhunt - damaged relationships
OR Sister Maude - issues of trust

2014 - Ghazal - use of form and structure to present ideas
OR The Farmer's Bride - effect of endings

2013 - Sonnet 116 - ideas about love
OR Born Yesterday - hopes and wishes

Jan13- Hour - ideas about time
OR The Farmer's Bride - hopes and wishes

2012 - Quickdraw - strong feelings about another person
OR Praise Song for My Mother - language to present relationships

Poems that haven't come up:

In Paris with You, Brothers, Harmonium, Sonnet 43, To His Coy Mistress, Nettles, Born Yesterday.

One conclusion we can make from this is that it is very likely that The Farmer's Bride will not come up for a third time in 2016, which is good, because it's long and nasty

I can add the June 2011 and Jan 2012 ones

Jan 2012 - Sonnet 43 ( relationships)
OR Harmonium (attitudes towards other people)

June 2011 - Manhunt (feelings)
OR Nettles (emotions)

So... the ones that have come up TWICE before are:
Manhunt
The Farmer's Bride

The ones that have come up ONCE before are:
Hour
Quickdraw
Ghazal
Praise Song for my Mother
Harmonium
Sonnet 43
Sonnet 116
Sister Maude
Nettles
Born Yesterday

The ones that have NEVER come up are:
In Paris with You
Brothers
To His Coy Mistress

Since 'Sister Maude' came up last year I think it is very unlikely that it, or the poems that have appeared twice before will be asked about.
Just to tell you all, Flag and Falling Leaves have never come on either tier.
Original post by gracey97
Any predictions for what will come up? Panicking:':wink:

My Relationships predictions are in the post above.
My lord of the flies predictions are anything to do with the conch, democracy, leadership, Jack or Simon (this might include religion). The first three have never been asked about and the latter two were asked in the early 2011/2012 papers and therefore could return

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending