The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE RS Unit 16 Mark's Gospel - 15th June

Thought I'd create a thread for Mark's Gospel since I haven't seen one around - but omg I'm gonna fail this unit ;o; Anyone have any tips? :/
Reply 1
Always make sure to mention 'Marks gospel' in your answers thats all I can suggest, having problems as well :/
For the Love of God mention Christianity in the 6.
I made the mistake in my mocks of referencing Christian beliefs but I never said Christians believe - instead I wrote "some people". And even though the points were there and good, even if you write a dissertation, you cannot get more than 3 marks if you don't write "Christians" at least once.
How should i revise for Re Unit 16 ??? Does anyone have a good revision guide ???
Original post by gcsemusicsucks
Thought I'd create a thread for Mark's Gospel since I haven't seen one around - but omg I'm gonna fail this unit ;o; Anyone have any tips? :/

I'm also doing unit 16 but just saw the thread now. How did the exam go?
My exam was not great but better than expected.
This was becuse I quite liked the questions but i ran out of time.
I answered the a, b and c questions on 16.1 ,16.2, 16.3 ( but only made 3 developed points for c Q ), 16.4 c question (i made 3 points again i think only 1 or 2 developed).
I then went back and done a couple of d Qs, but i ran out of time..... I managed to do 2 developed for agree on 16.1. For 16.2 i think was 2 simple reasons for agree, 16.4 i done a simple sentence for disagree. I did not have time to do anything else ....
What grade do you think i would have got ....???
What do you guys reckon the grade boundries wil be like ??? Is there any chance of them going down ...???
How did the exam go for you guys ???
Original post by anonomon
My exam was not great but better than expected.
This was becuse I quite liked the questions but i ran out of time.
I answered the a, b and c questions on 16.1 ,16.2, 16.3 ( but only made 3 developed points for c Q ), 16.4 c question (i made 3 points again i think only 1 or 2 developed).
I then went back and done a couple of d Qs, but i ran out of time..... I managed to do 2 developed for agree on 16.1. For 16.2 i think was 2 simple reasons for agree, 16.4 i done a simple sentence for disagree. I did not have time to do anything else ....
What grade do you think i would have got ....???
What do you guys reckon the grade boundries wil be like ??? Is there any chance of them going down ...???
How did the exam go for you guys ???

You can get 7-8 (full marks) in the C questions for...
-giving 4 brief reasons
-2 developed reasons
-3 reasons with 1 developed
-1 really really developed reason
So, it seems you will get full marks (if your reasons are correct) for making 2/3 developed reasons in all your C questions. So don't worry about that :smile:
For your D questions I think you will get 3 marks for 16.1 for 2 developed reasons, 2 marks for 16.2 for 2 brief reasons and 1 mark for 16.4 for giving 1 brief reason.(a total of 6marks for your D questions) - btw I'm getting this info from the markschemes in general.

I can't really guess your grade because that depends if you did everything else correctly and also on your paper 1... and I don't think the grade boundaries will shift too much :frown:

Honestly, you did lose some marks there but it's ok, as long as you did decently the rest of the questions and on paper 1. I know the timing was horrible! But don't worry, many students would have run out of time too (hopefully that can lower grade boundaries??) so you will get a good/decent grade.

Personally, my paper was good. I did write until the very end but finished on time thankfully!

Hope I helped. :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest