The Student Room Group

OCR (not-MEI) FP1 - Friday 20th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ComputeiT
I also got that - is that definitely wrong?

Seems to be, I don't know how though, i was sure I did the right method
Original post by Jimbo086
Seems to be, I don't know how though, i was sure I did the right method

You needed to divide by 2 at the end since the numerator had been changed I think
Original post by Mathematicus65
That's exactly what I did for the intersection question. Will I still score full marks for getting the intersection points correct?

i think so

it was worth 3 marks in total
What do people think 100 UMS will be? 69/72?
Original post by Gander01
There just wasn't enough time for that M2 paper, I wrote frantically the whole time and only did around 2/3 of it.

I agree but I also struggled due to having C1 then M2 5 minutes after and most of the questions weren't written as I expected.

Posted from TSR Mobile
How many marks are awarded for question3?
How many marks was the argand diagram worth? And how many marks was the second part of the method of difference worth?
Reply 107
Original post by DamnOCR!
How many marks was the argand diagram worth? And how many marks was the second part of the method of difference worth?

Argand was definitely two, and I think so was the method of difference
Do you think mr m will make a mark scheme for this? I hope he does

Just two for diagram I think, can't remember but method of differences is usually 2 or 3 for second part

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 110
For the last part of Q6 I made the points of intersection 2+5i and 4+i....anyone else?
Original post by Orac
For the last part of Q6 I made the points of intersection 2+5i and 4+i....anyone else?

Yes, good way to check is to see if mod of diameter is consistent with the ones given as part of the question

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks! Oh and if u dont mind me asking, did u have to simply the expression in n for the method of differences or could u just leave it the way you got it?
Original post by Orac

I think I got this as well :smile:
Thanks! Oh and if u dont mind me asking, did u have to simply the expression in n for the method of differences or could u just leave it the way you got it?

Specifically asked for it as a single fraction, would cost you an answer mark I assume

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 115
Original post by drandy76
Specifically asked for it as a single fraction, would cost you an answer mark I assume

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did it?
Original post by SGHD26716
Did it?

For both parts yes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi everyone. How may marks would I get if I used 2 over instead of 1 over for 8ii assuming that I used the correct method?
Original post by Mathematicus65
What do people think 100 UMS will be? 69/72?

I suspect it will be somewhere around there. Almost everyone I talked to (me included!) has made at least one mistake so I think 72/72 will be rare for this paper.
Reply 119
Original post by drandy76
For both parts yes

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well that's annoying. I'll probably lose a mark for both.

Quick Reply