The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Scroll to see replies

Original post by George524
Where do you think the 100 UMS boundary will be?

73-75.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Arsey
Here are my solutions to the FP1 paper.

Reasonable paper I thought, a few tricky bits

thanks! harder than any other fp1 paper I've done before, lost 5-7 marks!! :frown: :0
Reply 102
think i got 67/75, hopefully can be 90 ums?
Original post by Mattematics
93-95.

:colonhash:
Original post by Mattematics
93-95.

75 probably
Quick question, for q 5 I stupidly didnt identify the different of 2 squares so my gradient was incorrect. So I just used to p+q and did all the other steps instead of that initial line of working. Is that all 5 marks gone?
Original post by ombtom
:colonhash:

My bad, had UMS in my head :')

73-75.
[QUOTE="CostaMiyagi;64989709"]Should be if everyone is finding it hard :smile:[/QUOTE

Yep and the problem is that I didn't know how to do the modulus argument question, or else I would have got like 67:frown:
Hope that M1 and M2 will be better! Trying to be positive so I don't have to cry myself to sleep!
I didn't read the last question properly and didn't realise the midpoint lied on the positive x axis, I did however get a correct value of x in terms of p for the midpoint which was 10p252p\frac{10p^2-5}{2p} do you reckon I'll get a mark for this?
@Arsey For 7 e about the geometrical relationship. Would it be fine to talk about an enlargement scale factor 2 centre (0,0), followed by a translation (-3,-4).
(edited 7 years ago)
On the last part of the last question, I found the midpoint of AP in a different form than Arsey. I then found that p was root 2 or - root 2 and wrote that down, and then just subbed in root 2 and ignored - root 2 in my substitution, but i didn't simplify, I just left it plugged in to my midpoint coordinate for x, how many marks will I lose? :frown: Considering I wrote down both values of p (only plugging in root 2 though) and then didn't simplify my x value? :frown:
Would I lose mark for proving for n>= 2 only? I didn't include 1
Reply 112
Can someone "sticky" this thread
Original post by TeeEm
Can someone "sticky" this thread

For the second induction, would I lose mark for proving for n>= 2 only? I didn't include 1, as it was already given
Original post by NoahMal
Congrats bro. Retake or First Time?

What do you think🙄
Original post by magicrazzaq
75/75 for me then... As usual

No need to show off...
Original post by Armpits
For the second induction, would I lose mark for proving for n>= 2 only? I didn't include 1, as it was already given

Only 1, because the u1 given was for the recurrence rule, and you needed it to calculate u2.

If you did u1 and u2 for general rule then you'll be fine- but I think you've only dropped a mark.
As a year 13 student who sat FP1 last year I think this looks quite standard. Questions 1 through 6 look fairly easy. The last part of question 7 was unusual but not too tricky. The inductions were very straightforward, as was question 9.
Original post by NamelessPersona
As a year 13 student who sat FP1 last year I think this looks quite standard. Questions 1 through 6 look fairly easy. The last part of question 7 was unusual but not too tricky. The inductions were very straightforward, as was question 9.

I think that it was overall slightly harder- and I ran into time problems. I just wish we had more time.
Reply 119
Original post by Arsey
Here are my solutions to the FP1 paper.

Reasonable paper I thought, a few tricky bits

No boundary predictions this year?
:confused:

Latest

Trending

Trending