The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Vivalasvegas2015
"On this occasion you have not been unsuccessful" :biggrin:

Exactly - but they didn't say when they wanted me in? Very confused now.....
Original post by FamPup
Write back asking when you start.

Spoiler

Original post by FamPup
1GC say interview invitations will be sent out on Monday

Hi. My gateway says shortlisted for 1GCFL. Are you the same?
Original post by Boomerang-Pup
Exactly - but they didn't say when they wanted me in? Very confused now.....

Insert the word 'entirely' for the full effect - on this occasion you have not been entirely unsuccessful...
Reply 1164
Original post by Tiny92
Hi. My gateway says shortlisted for 1GCFL. Are you the same?

Yep - so I sent an email asking what's what. It was a confusing reply, but the short of it is that we will know one way or the other by close of business on Monday.
Reply 1165

Spoiler

Cheeky
6KBW College Hill rejection via email.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FamPup
Yep - so I sent an email asking what's what. It was a confusing reply, but the short of it is that we will know one way or the other by close of business on Monday.

As in did that mean a yes or a nay nay
Original post by FamPup
Cheeky

They replied!

More terrible grammar, but I think this is the end of the road for me.
Original post by FamPup

By nay nay I mean. Who knows.

I would think it means we'll have an interview. Have had that in years previously and got interviews following the same status.
Reply 1170
They replied!

More terrible grammar, but I think this is the end of the road for me.

Sadness :frown:
Reply 1171
Original post by Tiny92
By nay nay I mean. Who knows.

I would think it means we'll have an interview. Have had that in years previously and got interviews following the same status.

He refused to explicitly say what it meant. He said 'the Portal status is an accurate reflection as we are at present shortlisting applicants for interview.'

He then went on to say I would get an email by close of business on Monday with either a rejection or an invitation.
3 Raymond B - status says shortlisted. Am guessing this just means they are ploughing through the piles of applications so trying not to get my hopes up
Farrar's building interviews out by email with slots available to choose on the gateway.

My 3RB says shortlisted too...
Original post by pupilpleaser
Farrar's building interviews out by email with slots available to choose on the gateway.

My 3RB says shortlisted too...

You can jog on, you already have an interview...just greedy :u:

Only kidding, good luck with Farrar's
Original post by Vivalasvegas2015
You can jog on, you already have an interview...just greedy :u:

Only kidding, good luck with Farrar's

Lol :-) best of luck to you too. Tense times hey!
Original post by FamPup
He refused to explicitly say what it meant. He said 'the Portal status is an accurate reflection as we are at present shortlisting applicants for interview.'

He then went on to say I would get an email by close of business on Monday with either a rejection or an invitation.

Hmmm I would take that as an interview haha
Original post by pupilpleaser
Lol :-) best of luck to you too. Tense times hey!

Status changed to interview. After a few rejections in a row this has made my day!!!
Original post by Audacious_
First round (assessed mini) Blackstone invitations are out.
Anyone any experience of them?

I did one last year - had to write an assessed opinion so brush up on your drafting skills!
Anyone know details of the Landmark 'afternoon assessment', through personal experience or hearsay? Hoping it means 'turn up, tackle a legal problem and let us judge you on the strength of your written legal skills.' Worried it means 'turn up, let us show off for a bit, mingle with us, tackle a legal problem and let us judge you on whether we like you or not'.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending