The Student Room Group

Are you prepared for English lit on Monday?

Scroll to see replies

If anyone is doing AQA English and doing either An inspector calls or to kill a mockingbird, message me? I need some revision help if you don't mind?! Thanks in advance
Original post by luciie
I've not even finished making notes yet so I'm probably screwed :colonhash: What about you guys?

Feel pretty confident for OMAM but for AIC I haven't done shiz lol. I'll probably revise for it the day before tbh.
Original post by salty670
me , I'm doing , of mice and men , jekyll and hyde , a view from the bridge and carol ann duffy

I'm doing carol Ann Duffy & of mice and men & AIC(an inspector calls)
Reply 43
Original post by Obnox
Any predictions for of mice and men and a view from the bridge?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am also doing OMAM and AVFTB, as well as LOTF
Considering I still haven't read the books, i would say no..I'm not prepared.
ANYONE ELSE DOING WJEC?! And is it normal that we aren't allowed books in with us? as I know previous years have been allowed..
Original post by claire_22
I'm not prepared at all, and I have RE the same day.
Is anyone else doing A View From The Bridge?

I'm doing the same play! Going to do flash cards today of all the characters with their main characteristics and also their key quotations. I've also written essays on each character so I might summarise the essays as well, haven't decided yet!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bethanyjx
ANYONE ELSE DOING WJEC?! And is it normal that we aren't allowed books in with us? as I know previous years have been allowed..

I do AQA and they give us a fresh copy when we enter the exam- don't know about WJEC though, sorry!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wooo OCR, doing Journey's End as the play and have made no notes whatsoever, and no idea how to do unseen poetry
Original post by sadiemiahendrie
Do you have any idea about the grade boundaries by any chance?

So worried as all grade boundaries this year have increased apparently!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Grade boundaries are predicted after all of the results for each student and each question have been taken.. This is to examine the passrate of students, if most of the students did well, the grade boundaries from last year will increase by a small number.. If the students found it harder therefore didn't get many marks, the grade boundaries will decrease by a small number. It won't be a huge difference.
Original post by bethanyjx

ahh i'm doing wjec too, but i'm pretty sure they don't give you the books. maybe read like a summary online of each chapter?
Original post by graceelle
We haven't even sat the exam for these kind of predictions to take place, pls stop stressing ppl

I'm stressed myself and I'm only saying what I've been told and heard soooo

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sadiemiahendrie
I'm stressed myself and I'm only saying what I've been told and heard soooo

Posted from TSR Mobile

They're definitely not going up. Apparently everyone is finding it difficult this year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone doing igcse edexcel? (AIC, TKAM, section C anthology & unseen)
I'm not prepared at all :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 53
I don't get how to revise for English lit...so yeah I'm screwed
Reply 54
Original post by mxskaan
Anyone doing igcse edexcel? (AIC, TKAM, section C anthology & unseen)
I'm not prepared at all :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep! I am and I'm rlly worried for tkamb and much ado for m shakespear
Original post by mirah01
Yep! I am and I'm rlly worried for tkamb and much ado for m shakespear

do you have any predictions for TKAM?
i cba with lit lol
Reply 57
im doing english lit and lang aqa doing the paris anthology, kinda scared
Poetry is my main concern. The CGP guides and mr bruff along with analysis of themes and characters (using letts revision guide) will get me through this paper. I think i will print a bunch of papers tomorrow and then just practice doing them
I'm doing An Inspector Calls, All My Sons, Spies and poems :frown: I'm doing it with IGCSE Cambridge.

I've gone over AIC in depth so I'm pretty confident for that. However, I didn't enjoy All My Sons at all and absolutely despised reading it, I found it extremely monotonous :// As for Spies and the poems, I haven't done any revision for them yet so I should props get started asap :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending