The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thelegend99
I think that it was overall slightly harder- and I ran into time problems. I just wish we had more time.

Which parts do you think were harder?
Original post by NamelessPersona
Which parts do you think were harder?

Sorry to bother you but do you know for question 5 if you got the gradient incorrectly and then went on to find the equation like they asked, would I lose all 5 marks?
Original post by TheRandomGenius
The question said 'using this value for a' - if we used say, a= '1' instead of -1, would we get the following 8 marks?

i think you will lose a mark but i hope that there will be error carried forward, because for some reason i f***ed it up and got -2!
Original post by alfmeister
Sorry to bother you but do you know for question 5 if you got the gradient incorrectly and then went on to find the equation like they asked, would I lose all 5 marks?

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "got the gradient incorrectly". Does this mean you got the wrong value or your method for finding the gradient was incorrect?
Original post by TrueDAN
Everyone commenting top 60s and 70s and I think I've came in with a low blow in the 50s :frown: Really disheartened by it, I guess we all have a bad test though. I predict I will have a D/C which sucks, really thought I had this module down. Damn, I guess we all have a bad test though, will definitely resit it, congrats to all you geniuses getting these insane marks!

Literally the EXACT same as me, aced all the past papers and was banking on 90+UMS, but as a result of silly errors and panic in the exam, i've come out with i think 52-55, absolutely gutted!!
I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "got the gradient incorrectly". Does this mean you got the wrong value or your method for finding the gradient was incorrect?

My method, stupidly didn't see that it was the difference of two squares but I ended up with the same value. IF i were to lose the first and/or second mark would I be penalized for the last 3 marks?
Original post by alfmeister
My method, stupidly didn't see that it was the difference of two squares but I ended up with the same value. IF i were to lose the first and/or second mark would I be penalized for the last 3 marks?

In that case I don't think you would lose all the marks, maybe only an M1 and A1 for finding the gradient.
In that case I don't think you would lose all the marks, maybe only an M1 and A1 for finding the gradient.

Thanks, poor mistake on my behalf but what is done is done. That's good news for me though
I gave p^2=2 => p=root (2) on the last question, which is correct, but would you lose a mark, do you think, for not justifying why p=root(2) and not -root(2)?
Original post by DavidBick
I gave p^2=2 => p=root (2) on the last question, which is correct, but would you lose a mark, do you think, for not justifying why p=root(2) and not -root(2)?

I wouldn't think so.
Guys I also did badly in the exam, however you must now focus on the others. The FP1 and MECH 1 can be swapped to give you the best maths and fm grades. so ace the stats, c2 and mech, then you will be fine.
Is there much chance of 74 being 100 ums?
Original post by Kawaii289
Guys I also did badly in the exam, however you must now focus on the others. The FP1 and MECH 1 can be swapped to give you the best maths and fm grades. so ace the stats, c2 and mech, then you will be fine.

Exactly. A girl in my Further Maths class only got around 65 UMS last year and retook FP1 this year. However, due to her other modules she still achieved an A overall at AS.
Original post by carly1999
Is there much chance of 74 being 100 ums?

yes
guys, for q1, i wrote down +- 1/√2, not +- √2/2, will they cut my marks??
Original post by Kawaii289

FP1/2 will always be counted under Further Maths. Mechanics, Decisions and Statistics can be put under Maths or Further Maths. See the specification: http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/A%20Level/Mathematics/2013/Specification%20and%20sample%20assessments/UA035243_GCE_Lin_Maths_Issue_3.pdf
Original post by veldt127
FP1/2 will always be counted under Further Maths. Mechanics, Decisions and Statistics can be put under Maths or Further Maths. See the specification: http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/A%20Level/Mathematics/2013/Specification%20and%20sample%20assessments/UA035243_GCE_Lin_Maths_Issue_3.pdf

Sorry my mistake, but thats even better!
Any predictions for what 47/75 would be UMS wise?
On the last question I ran out of time and left my final answer to the final part as the first expression for x arsey wrote not 15root2/4 . Do you think I'll lose marks for it?

Latest

Trending

Trending