Original post by Blobfish13
I got 0.230 I think???

I think I got that too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Smcdonald98
Was it not proving it was always positive? I completed the square

yeah, didn't think of that, hopefully scrape a few marks in it
Original post by harrytqo
how were you meant to prove always negstive for 7 part i and ii??

Complete to square in each part

Posted from TSR Mobile
For the partial fractions, i think i got 1 - 1/x - 1/x^2 + 2/(x-1)
For the partial fractions, i think i got 1 - 1/x - 1/x^2 + 2/(x-1)

i got exactly that happy days
Reply 25
Original post by Blobfish13
I got 0.230 I think???

i got something like that too! cant remember exactly but mine worked
Any answers?
Original post by Sparklez10
i got something like that too! cant remember exactly but mine worked

I got 0.230 as well
Reply 28
For 7 I used the discriminant to show it didnt cross the x axis then picked a value to show it was positive.
(edited 7 years ago)
What did you guys do for 7 part ii? I differentiated it twice to see if d2y/dx2 was greater than 0 but not sure if thats correct
What did you guys do for 7 part ii? I differentiated it twice to see if d2y/dx2 was greater than 0 but not sure if thats correct

I differentiated and manipulated it until it became -2(x^2-x+2)/e^(2x). The bit in the bracket was what we proved as always positive in 7(i) and e^(2x) is always positive. The -2 means that its always negative.
Original post by iam_joshedwards
I differentiated and manipulated it until it became -2(x^2-x+2)/e^(2x). The bit in the bracket was what we proved as always positive in 7(i) and e^(2x) is always positive. The -2 means that its always negative.

I did that as well but differentiated again, how many marks do you reckon i'll lose?
Reply 32
does everyone reckon grade boundaries will be low because it was a stinkin paper? like i did all the past papers and 5/6 of them twice and still found the paper v difficult!
does everyone reckon grade boundaries will be low because it was a stinkin paper? like i did all the past papers and 5/6 of them twice and still found the paper v difficult!

I hope so I'm pretty certain I got about 62 but don't know if that would even be close to an A😕

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
Original post by TomFitness
I hope so I'm pretty certain I got about 62 but don't know if that would even be close to an A😕

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah i think i may have gotten around 60-62 too!! i know everyone in my school came out of the exam having found it very difficult so hopefully that shows in low grades!!!!
yeah i think i may have gotten around 60-62 too!! i know everyone in my school came out of the exam having found it very difficult so hopefully that shows in low grades!!!!

It will technically be at least an A as 60/75 is 80% (and we can assume grades will definitely not be scaled down) but it's pretty **** that getting an A* now is going to be very hard. Even looking at past papers any of them would never require you to form an equation like qu6. I'm just ranting now😐

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ok that was definitely the hardest c3 by far, they have to lower the grade boundary for that. I was really hoping for an A* as well but it seems like i got around 66/75. Looks like ill have to ace c4 now.
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm hoping an a* will be 67 since it was a hard paper
Reply 38
Does anyone have access to the paper?
Reply 39
anyone got the paper?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending