The Student Room Group

2 Romanian teens get 2 years for killing a man in London

The siblings moved to the UK over 6 years ago, the two teens ages 17 and 15 were jumping in front of people on the escalator, Stafford station, during rush hour after spending the day 'hanging out' at a mall/shopping center when they were confronted by the victim as he tried to pass them, a 53 year old man. There was an altercation as the two apparently provoked the man before he threw the first punch, they then proceeded to beat the 53 year old to the ground and stamped on him, he later died from his injuries.

The 17 year old got 2 years and his younger brother got a 12 month youth referral order.

The sentencing seems a little light to me, and not a mention of deporting them.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3600922/Call-f-g-justice-Family-s-fury-Romanian-teenager-17-jailed-just-TWO-YEARS-killing-builder-53-rush-hour-row-tube-station.html

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HanSoloLuck
The siblings moved to the UK over 6 years ago, the two teens ages 17 and 15 were jumping in front of people on the escalator, Stafford station, during rush hour after spending the day 'hanging out' at a mall/shopping center when they were confronted by the victim as he tried to pass them, a 53 year old man. There was an altercation as the two apparently provoked the man before he threw the first punch, they then proceeded to beat the 53 year old to the ground and stamped on him, he later died from his injuries.

The 17 year old got 2 years and his younger brother got a 12 month youth referral order.

The sentencing seems a little light to me, and not a mention of deporting them.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3600922/Call-f-g-justice-Family-s-fury-Romanian-teenager-17-jailed-just-TWO-YEARS-killing-builder-53-rush-hour-row-tube-station.html

Tragic that someone died but it was his own fault.

EDIT: many people annoy me on the train/tube but I do not punch them, I ignore them and get on with my day. Stupid actions get stupid reactions.
(edited 7 years ago)
He threw the first punch, the sentencing reflected that. Thats justice.
Reply 3
They plead guilty to manslaughter and one of them was a minor. No murder charge (he died in hospital the next day). So sentencing looks 100% on the money to me. They wouldn't be deported as they are most likely British citizens, having lived here for 6 years already.
Original post by lolatmaths
He threw the first punch, the sentencing reflected that. Thats justice.

You're a ****ing pillock.

The guy was on the floor getting stamped...
Absolutely vile.

So what if the guy threw the first punch? The kids knocked him to the ground and stamped on him when he was no longer a threat.

Simply disgusting, and so are the two commenters above me.
2 years does seem on the low side. I can see there was mitigation (the victim threw the first punch) but they were stamping him when he was down.

I believe the AG should make an application for this sentence to be reconsidered. Something closer to 5 years seems more on the money
Original post by Dodgypirate

Troll

Nah, youre the idiot here.

Two ppl have already been charged with murder. The sentencing was completely right.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/stratford-murder-romanian-brothers-plead-not-guilty-old-bailey-attack-john-breen-1539952

Youre a ****ing retard.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ODES_PDES
Troll

How is that a troll???
Nah, youre the idiot here.

Two ppl have already been charged with murder. The sentencing was completely right.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/stratford-murder-romanian-brothers-plead-not-guilty-old-bailey-attack-john-breen-1539952

Youre a ****ing retard.

You're such a melt. My God.
You're such a melt. My God.

Lmaoo im just replying with the same level of saltiness you replied to me with.

Besides, youre wrong - as usual
Lmaoo im just replying with the same level of saltiness you replied to me with.

Besides, youre wrong - as usual

So by your logic, if you ever hit anybody first, they can kill you and only get 1 year in prison? Unbelievable.
Reply 13
100% they were romani gypsies, not romanians. As a romanian I cringe at the confusion, they are a completely different race and culture that migrated from India hundreds of years ago. Romanians have enough faults as it is, we don't need to be confused with gypsies on top of that. They are the south asian looking people you see begging in the streets or sleeping in Hyde Park on a pile of rubbish. Virtually the entirety of ''romanian crime'' is done by gypsies, the actual romanians are much harder to notice since they look european, they integrate, work and pay their taxes. If anything they are the ones being by abused through poverty wages and working conditions. It's like saying the typical englishman is Mo from Whitechapel who married his cousin.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by The_Opinion
So by your logic, if you ever hit anybody first, they can kill you and only get 1 year in prison? Unbelievable.

Thats not the full story. People have already been charged with murder.
Reply 15
Original post by Kieran1996
Tragic that someone died but it was his own fault.

EDIT: many people annoy me on the train/tube but I do not punch them, I ignore them and get on with my day. Stupid actions get stupid reactions.

You stupid victim blamer.

You are absolutely right that he was reckless to throw the first punch. But that does in no way, shape, or form excuse beating someone to death. To keep beating on him when he is on the ground, to stamp on him. That's sick. These animals should be locked away for eternity.
Original post by Erebor
100% they were romani gypsies, not romanians. As a romanian I cringe at the confusion, they are a completely different race and culture that migrated from India hundreds of years ago. Romanians have enough faults as it is, we don't need to be confused with gypsies on top of that. They are the south asian looking people you see begging in the streets or sleeping in Hyde Park on a pile of rubbish.

So they are Romanians.
How is that a troll???

Not you.
That lota something geezer
Rush hour, and no-one thought to step in? They were kids for ****s sake, even a semi-burly bloke could scare them off. 3 adults certainly could.

So what was everyone's excuse? Not that the blame for the death should be laid at the feet of people who had nothing to do with this, but it would be erroneous to suggest that they couldn't have prevented it.
You ask what was everyone's excuse for standing by while they killed him? Because he was disposable.
His male privilege cost him his life.
If it was a woman lying on the floor getting kicked to death by two teenage males any number of men would have jumped in immediately to stop them.😔
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending