The Student Room Group

Geography AS level edexcel unit 2 predictions 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by niamh.savill
WAIT MANAGEMENT STRATEGIES IS HARD/SOFT ENGINEERING RIGHT???
Didn't that come up last year?
My friend is retaking AS this year and apparently hard/soft came up last year....

I'm retaking and last year it was examining the success of two types of coastal management (i.e hard v soft) so shouldn't come up this year.

You can look at last year's papers on the Edexcel website:

http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/A-Level/Geography/2013/Exam-materials/6GE02_01_que_20150515.pdf
How did everyone find it?
Original post by Chloe.17

i ran out of time omg
Do any of you remember what the 10 marker on the Urban Rebranding exactly said? I mean, what was the question because I totally forgot and what did you guys write for it?
Original post by Epitype
Do any of you remember what the 10 marker on the Urban Rebranding exactly said? I mean, what was the question because I totally forgot and what did you guys write for it?

i think it was assess the rebranding schemes or strategies in urban areas and i did about New Islington but i ran out of time
Original post by halliethestudent
i think it was assess the rebranding schemes or strategies in urban areas and i did about New Islington but i ran out of time

No it wasn't. It was assess the need to rebrand. Not the schemes. You may not get any marks if you discussed the schemes/strategies
GUYS for the need for rebranding question (4c) I didn't read properly as I was rushing to finish the paper, I wrote about why Boscombe had to rebrand... but Boscombe is not an urban area although will I get some marks as my essay was good and I literally flopped the rest of the paper (lmao don't even get me started on 1a I wrote about two lines) anyways I started freaking out but my friend reassured me as for an area to be an urban area it needs a population of atleast 10,000 so.... lol anyways im just going to try stay positive haha! here's to not read rushing a question next time
Original post by rbunny98
GUYS for the need for rebranding question (4c) I didn't read properly as I was rushing to finish the paper, I wrote about why Boscombe had to rebrand... but Boscombe is not an urban area although will I get some marks as my essay was good and I literally flopped the rest of the paper (lmao don't even get me started on 1a I wrote about two lines) anyways I started freaking out but my friend reassured me as for an area to be an urban area it needs a population of atleast 10,000 so.... lol anyways im just going to try stay positive haha! here's to not read rushing a question next time

Boscombe is urban. I went there for my fieldwork and research.
I haven't heard of that '10,000 urban area classification before' - How does a population of 10,000 make an area urban? There are many rural areas with populations larger than this. I think an urban area is better classified by population density and physical characteristics.
Original post by harryleavey
I haven't heard of that '10,000 urban area classification before' - How does a population of 10,000 make an area urban? There are many rural areas with populations larger than this. I think an urban area is better classified by population density and physical characteristics.

Harry mate you have made me the happiest person alive I could snog you through your webcam right now :u:

I thought the question said "Using examples, Identify an area that WAS in need of rebranding".
I talked about Birmingham, but I'm now starting to think about why I wrote that.
did anyone else not tick the box at the top of the question?
Original post by Epitype
I thought the question said "Using examples, Identify an area that WAS in need of rebranding".
I talked about Birmingham, but I'm now starting to think about why I wrote that.

What is wrong with that?
Original post by Chloe.17

I thought it was quite easy except for the first question in Crowded coasts about flooding. I was really surprised to see that the Rebranding fieldwork question was simple and a repeat to what they've asked in a previous year. I only had 3 minutes to check over my work though.
Original post by jayokay
did anyone else not tick the box at the top of the question?

Meee
Original post by Leah3852
Meee

at least I'm not the only one, and I hope that they still mark it because I'm freaking out right now
Original post by jayokay
at least I'm not the only one, and I hope that they still mark it because I'm freaking out right now

They have to it wouldn't make any sense for them to not mark it
Original post by Leah3852
They have to it wouldn't make any sense for them to not mark it

phew thank god I was so worried aha
What is wrong with that?

Because it was in need of rebranding. If it was in need of rebranding, then rebranding has already occurred, and therefore, won't you need to talk about a place that was in need of rebranding and has undergone rebranding.
Hence the emphasis on the "was".
Original post by Epitype
Because it was in need of rebranding. If it was in need of rebranding, then rebranding has already occurred, and therefore, won't you need to talk about a place that was in need of rebranding and has undergone rebranding.
Hence the emphasis on the "was".

What? No, it is irrelevant if the rebranding has actually taken place or not. You are not meant to be talking about the actual rebrand anyway.

You probably wouldn't have studied an area if it hadn't had a need, strategies and an outcome.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending