The Student Room Group

CCEA A2 maths - C3 20th may 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by habzi
anyone got the paper?

Yeah I do. Not sure how I can send it though?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 41
Original post by TomFitness
It will technically be at least an A as 60/75 is 80% (and we can assume grades will definitely not be scaled down) but it's pretty **** that getting an A* now is going to be very hard. Even looking at past papers any of them would never require you to form an equation like qu6. I'm just ranting now������

Posted from TSR Mobile

They flipping better scale the marks up and grade boundaries down cause it was so difficult from 6-8! Think I got 1-5 all right but lost a lot of marks on the back page I fear :frown: bricking it for C4 now!!!!!😭😭😭😭😭
Original post by Sparklez10
They flipping better scale the marks up and grade boundaries down cause it was so difficult from 6-8! Think I got 1-5 all right but lost a lot of marks on the back page I fear :frown: bricking it for C4 now!!!!!😭😭😭😭😭

How did u do question 4? I know I've got 4/5 marks but I've messed up somewhere as I kept getting 0

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 43
How did u do question 4? I know I've got 4/5 marks but I've messed up somewhere as I kept getting 0

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah I did at first too but the reason is because some of the area is under the curve and thus will give you a negative number The answer is 8 as the area between pi and o for one of the curves is 2. All the areas are the same so you do 4 (as there was 4 parts of the curve essentially) 4x2 gives you an area of 8!
yeah I did at first too but the reason is because some of the area is under the curve and thus will give you a negative number The answer is 8 as the area between pi and o for one of the curves is 2. All the areas are the same so you do 4 (as there was 4 parts of the curve essentially) 4x2 gives you an area of 8!

Yeah damn I hope I get some marks as my method was correct. I'd also like to see people method for 8(b) if anyone got it correct

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 45
Yeah damn I hope I get some marks as my method was correct. I'd also like to see people method for 8(b) if anyone got it correct

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah you will for sure don't worry!! Was 8b the last one the integration one?
yeah you will for sure don't worry!! Was 8b the last one the integration one?

Yeah I'm pretty certain I got 61-62 overall. Does anyone know how much marks will be scaled up?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47
Yeah I'm pretty certain I got 61-62 overall. Does anyone know how much marks will be scaled up?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You take out a factor of 4/3! Then integrate 1/1-sin^2 which you change to 1/cos^2 and intgrate cos^2! I'm not sure how much they will scale them but hoping it will be big step up from previous years due to the difficulty
Reply 48
You take out a factor of 4/3! Then integrate 1/1-sin^2 which you change to 1/cos^2 and intgrate cos^2! I'm not sure how much they will scale them but hoping it will be big step up from previous years due to the difficulty

aye that is what i did as well.
For question 7, do you think it was enough to make logical statments for why it was always positive ie in 7.i, X^2 is > X where X^2 is always gives a positive value thus result is always positive? :s-smilie:

EDIT: if not then sayanora A* 'casue thats 7 marks down the shitter already( plus i messed up the newton-raphson bullcrap up but i think everything else is okay)
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 49
Yeah I do. Not sure how I can send it though?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Take a picture with your phone and attach the picture and post it in
Original post by Mr.bob
For question 7, do you think it was enough to make logical statments for why it was always positive ie in 7.i, X^2 is > X where X^2 is always gives a positive value thus result is always positive? :s-smilie:

EDIT: if not then sayanora A* 'casue thats 7 marks down the shitter already( plus i messed up the newton-raphson bullcrap up but i think everything else is okay)

See the thing is for question 7, it makes sense to all of us but i don't think thats what the examiners will be looking for, I did the same as you
Reply 51
Original post by Mr.bob

I didn't get 7 but I would say that will get some marks if not all yeah!!
Reply 52
Original post by Assassin2015
See the thing is for question 7, it makes sense to all of us but i don't think thats what the examiners will be looking for, I did the same as you

hmm, question 7(i) was worth 4 marks which is alot just for completing the square and a statement so hopefully they will credit our way as well. I mean they cant argue with the facts.
Reply 53
Original post by ozmo19
Take a picture with your phone and attach the picture and post it in

Please !! Really wanna go over the paper again
For partial fractions question i got the wrong remainder (x^2 instead of x^2 -1) and therefore the rest of the question i did wrong. (A/x and b/x^2) resulting in simultaneous equations. Would i be able to get any marks out of 10 for follow through?
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1463770248.024170.jpg
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1463770287.422176.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1463770317.323645.jpg
Ignore my random working out🙄

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 56
What were the marks for the last few questıons? It got cut off

[QUOTE=TomFitness;64998989
]ImageUploadedByStudent Room1463770248.024170.jpg
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1463770287.422176.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1463770317.323645.jpg
Ignore my random working out🙄

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Itsmeey

I binned my paper but afaik
7i was 4
7ii was 7
8(a)I was 3
ii was 6
And the last part was 5

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Itsmeey

6. 6 marks
7i. 4 marks
ii. 7 marks
8ai. 3 marks
ii. 6 marks
8b. 5 marks
Well after looking at this again, I know I've done badly now. What was the boundary for an A* last year? Whats the lowest its ever been for an A* as well. This paper was definitely harder than any other c3 paper I've ever done

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending