The Student Room Group

Questions about shia-ism

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yasminkattan
It was narrated from ‘Ali (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade mut’ah marriage and the meat of domestic donkeys at the time of Khaybar. According to another report, he forbade mut’ah marriage at the time of Khaybar and he forbade the meat of tame donkeys.
Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3979; Muslim, 1407.

It was narrated from al-Rabee’ ibn Sabrah al-Juhani that his father told him that he was with the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) who said, “O people, I used to allow you to engage in mut’ah marriages, but now Allaah has forbidden that until the Day of Resurrection, so whoever has any wives in a mut’ah marriage, he should let her go and do not take anything of the (money) you have given them.”

Narrated by Muslim, 1406.

Are those not authentic?

Sorry I meant a hadeeth in favour of mutah
Reply 61
[QUOTE=HAnwar;64994271
Even though it's not speaking metaphorically, I mentioned it is NOT the same as the human attributes you see everyday.
When you see the words hand or feet, it's hard for you to imagine something which is totally different to what you normally see.

There's some stuff online which talks about this, but I have a good book which explains this instead. I'm still trying to find the page where I've read this (it's quite a thick book), and will get back to you once I do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes it is used as examples because we cannot fathom any different as human beings. But it is still not proof that it is literal and not metaphorical because in Arabic the word for "hand(s)" is also used in the context of power in conversation and text. Also there was a verse in the Quran "And do not invoke with Allah another deity. There is no deity except Him. Everything will be destroyed except His Face. His is the judgement, and to Him you will be returned." - 28:88
Does that mean his hands or feet or body is destroyed? How can a part of ALLAH (swt) be destroyed? You can't destroy part of God because that would mean God can be destroyed and if God can be destroyed how is He God?

Right please find it!
Reply 62
Original post by z33
Islamqa also states that the niqaab is obligatory in Islam, that parents or husbands are to force their daughters/ wives to wear the hijab even tho "there is no compulsion in religion" - so I'm not taking their word for anything

Ibn Baz was a wahabi extremist Muslim so also had very strong very conservative beliefs on everything and sees the prophets family as kuffaar and took everything in a literal sense.

Mohammad Ibn Ubaidah questioned Imam Ridha [as] - successor to the prophet not any random guy - on the subject of Allah having a hand (Referencing Surah Saad Ayat 75), who [as] replied saying:"With my own hands: in this verse us purported to mean "with my potency and power."Tawheed by Al Sadooq page 153-154

Yes Islamqa are stricter than most other websites.
But just because they may be strict or even wrong with one issue, it's unwise of you to completely dismiss everything else they may say.
Original post by Kraixo
Sorry I meant a hadeeth in favour of mutah

Sorry I misunderstood :smile:
Reply 64
Original post by HAnwar
Yes Islamqa are stricter than most other websites.
But just because they may be strict or even wrong with one issue, it's unwise of you to completely dismiss everything else they may say.

Not completely dismissing but double checking with other sources!
What do Shias mean by Infallible Imams?
Original post by Carpe Diem Jay

They mean that those imams did not sin in their lifetime.
Original post by Axel Johann
They mean that those imams did not sin in their lifetime.

I understand the meaning, just wanted some context :tongue:

Who's considered infallible to shias?

Who's considered infallible to shias?

The infallible imams :smug: It's in the name :hand:
Original post by IdeasForLife
The infallible imams :smug: It's in the name :hand:

I had that coming :lol:

I'll just google who they are then :yy:

:tongue:
Original post by z33
But the niqaab isn't...
(and I don't believe the hijaab is but the niqaab is not compulsory in all sects I believe although Islamqa says it is)

Not him - he follows Wahhabism and Wahabis place a strong emphasis on absolute monotheism and reject practices such as the visitation of graves of Muslim prophets, their families or sahaba and leaders.
In 1801 and 1802, the Saudi Wahhabis under Abdul Aziz ibn Muhammad ibn Saud attacked and captured the holy Shia cities of Karbala and Najaf in Iraq and destroyed the tombs of Husayn ibn Ali who is the grandson of Muhammad, and Ali (Ali bin Abu Talib), the son-in-law of Muhammad. In 1803 and 1804 the Saudis captured Mecca and Madinah and demolished various tombs of Ahl al-Bayt and Sahabah, ancient monuments, ruins according to Wahhabis, they "removed a number of what were seen as sources or possible gateways to polytheism or shirk" - such as the tomb of Fatimah, the daughter of Muhammad. In 1998 the Saudis bulldozed and poured gasoline over the grave of Aminah bint Wahb, the mother of Muhammad, causing resentment throughout the Muslim World.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wahhabism

Not arguing. Yes I am Shia. No I am not rejecting evidence as long as it's not coming from extremists groups and is coming from reliable sources such as Imam Ridha who has said that the term for hands was in fact metaphorical and he is an Imam, successor to the prophet, infallible, therefore his word trumps any fallible scholar.

I think they broke down the prophet's house too to stop people from visiting it.

They're the 12 descendants of the prophets I think. Well I think 11 excluding the Mahdi.
Reply 73
Original post by champ_mc99
I think they broke down the prophet's house too to stop people from visiting it.

see as if demolishing the tombs ain't enough -.-'
the disrespect tho
all religious beliefs aside
all controversies aside
the amount of DISRESPECT shown to those people like wow ._.
Original post by z33
see as if demolishing the tombs ain't enough -.-'
the disrespect tho
all religious beliefs aside
all controversies aside
the amount of DISRESPECT shown to those people like wow ._.

It's fine to do all that as long as you build a gigantic unnecessary, clock tower. I mean, there's a chance it can be slightly distracting to people doing tawaf but meh... what can you do? :wink:
Reply 75
It's fine to do all that as long as you build a gigantic unnecessary, clock tower. I mean, there's a chance it can be slightly distracting to people doing tawaf but meh... what can you do? :wink:

of course!
Big Ben's longlost much taller brother :lol:
must...know... the time... at all times
it must be so confusing cos tawaf is anti clockwise as well xD

Perhaps 'pure' imams is a better word to use as it's what the Quran uses. It means they are away from sin, similar to the Holy Prophet.
Original post by z33
of course!
Big Ben's longlost much taller brother :lol:
must...know... the time... at all times
it must be so confusing cos tawaf is anti clockwise as well xD

Lmao. I remember I was listening to a talk once and the speaker was like, "Someone once told me the clock tower looks like the Eye of Sauron from LOTR. Now everytime I look at it, it slightly creeps me out."

:biggrin:
Reply 78
Lmao. I remember I was listening to a talk once and the speaker was like, "Someone once told me the clock tower looks like the Eye of Sauron from LOTR. Now everytime I look at it, it slightly creeps me out."

:biggrin:

OMG AHAHAHA thee eye of Sauron is watching :rofl: :rofl: that's brilliant! i love it! xDDD
Original post by Kraixo
Why won't you become a Sunni and follow 90%+ of the Muslims? Why will you follow an ideology which disrespects the noble Sahaba? Will a shia ever name their children with the same name of the following noble companions Ummar, Abu bakr and Aisha (May Allah be pleased with them and increase their ranks in the hereafter and guide anyone who has got an atom worth of disrespect for them).

Respectfully, simply because 90% of Muslims are indeed sunni isn't exactly a logical reason to become a sunni.

Also, although the main theology doesn't allow disrespect of noble companions, one only has to look at Sunni hadith to see problems that arrised. For instance, Battle of Jamal, Incident of Paper and Pen before the death of the Prophet etc

If they want to name it than they can, however perhaps many stick with names of the Prophet and his Ahlulbayt.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending