The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jhloveday
Cheers mate 👍🏼

Are you sad that no one laughed at your joke when you were accusing me of not being funny? Ironic, isn't it? 😂
Couldn't you say one was z and the other was 2z so they had to be parallel and one was twice as long
Original post by Trapz99
So this is constructive criticism?

Yep, some may interpret it as being so. It should motivate that person to work harder so that they don't get such a low mark 😊 Always good to help
Original post by TH3-FL45H
Couldn't you say one was z and the other was 2z so they had to be parallel and one was twice as long

Sure that sounds fine, I mean you're just adding extra true information to the answer there
Original post by TrueDAN
Everyone commenting top 60s and 70s and I think I've came in with a low blow in the 50s :frown: Really disheartened by it, I guess we all have a bad test though. I predict I will have a D/C which sucks, really thought I had this module down. Damn, I guess we all have a bad test though, will definitely resit it, congrats to all you geniuses getting these insane marks!

Yep I'm in the exact same position as you
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Aprkrheiqkk
Yep, some may interpret it as being so. It should motivate that person to work harder so that they don't get such a low mark 😊 Always good to help

You have an attitude problem mate, sort it out.
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Sure that sounds fine, I mean you're just adding extra true information to the answer there

Yeah but I didn't actually calculate the gradient or the length?
OMG Thx for making the solutions! Drop one mark only so far😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was doing fine until I hit 4(c), I completely blanked. Was sure I knew how to do it but spent way too much time on it. I seriously struggle with time in every exam as it is, slow writer and all that, but this was two-fold because I get obsessed with/have fun solving the problem and forget I'm sitting an exam. After I realised I was on q5 with only 40 minutes left I panicked, rushed, made stupid mistakes, corrected them, scribbled some theory on q8 in the last 30 seconds (that I would bet my wages is illegible anyway) and had the booklet closed for me before I even saw q9.
So much for 90+ ums on all my past papers. Bye bye FP1, hopefully FP2 will be gentle!
Original post by TH3-FL45H
Yeah but I didn't actually calculate the gradient or the length?

Well the question says describe, which implies the marks are purely for stating what the relationship is. Anyway even considering explanations I think what Arsey did is unnecessary, it does follow from what you said.
Original post by Stormin'
I was doing fine until I hit 4(c), I completely blanked. Was sure I knew how to do it but spent way too much time on it. I seriously struggle with time in every exam as it is, slow writer and all that, but this was two-fold because I get obsessed with/have fun solving the problem and forget I'm sitting an exam. After I realised I was on q5 with only 40 minutes left I panicked, rushed, made stupid mistakes, corrected them, scribbled some theory on q8 in the last 30 seconds (that I would bet my wages is illegible anyway) and had the booklet closed for me before I even saw q9.
So much for 90+ ums on all my past papers. Bye bye FP1, hopefully FP2 will be gentle!

YOU KNOW THE STRUGGLE.. My heart lept when I saw 30 minutes left and I was still doing BS algebra on the summation proof. Managed to nab Q9 tho in the end.

Posted from TSR Mobile
67-69
not bad
Original post by Princepieman
Managed to nab Q9 tho in the end.

Wahey, nicely done :smile: I might take a break from physics revision tomorrow and do q8 and q9... y'know, just for fun, see how many extra minutes I actually needed ;D

I need Bernard's Watch
For Question 6, to describe the translation fully, wouldn't you have to write it as a rotation of 135° about (0,0) "anti-clockwise" for full marks?
Original post by Princepieman
YOU KNOW THE STRUGGLE.. My heart lept when I saw 30 minutes left and I was still doing BS algebra on the summation proof. Managed to nab Q9 tho in the end.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I feel this struggle omg

I SPENT WAY TOO MUCH TIME FACTORISING THE gradient on 5(a), tried working backwards, I think I spent 15 minutes on that damn question !!! :frown:
Are you positive for Q7 that a=-1
Original post by Arsey
Here are my solutions to the FP1 paper.

Reasonable paper I thought, a few tricky bits

What did everyone get for Q7? What a is equal to?
For the question about the relationship between the line OP and QR, I said "The lines are parallel since the gradients are the same".

That would be 1 mark out of 2 right?

For the 2 marks I would have had to actually show my working out of the gradient? But the question says to "describe", how are you supposed to know to do that?
Nice. 100UMS if they will allow me to say that the lines are in the same direction instead of that they are parallel. Also I didn't prove it as I thought it was obvious from the graph.
Original post by iMacJack
Cheers @Yunique @TeeEm

64/75 it is for me then. Hmpph....

What did you get for Q7 for the value of a?

Latest

Trending

Trending