The Student Room Group

Potential 'firm' choice has given me two offers

Hi,

Hoping someone can clear up some confusion with the UCAS Track system.

So I'm currently in the process of deciding what my firm choice will be. Out of my three successful offers, the uni that I view as my 'firm' choice has given me an offer on top of a backup offer. i.e. they're offering AAA for a masters degree but also if I get AAB they will offer me a bachelors degree.

My question is... if I put this university as my firm but achieve AAB in my final grades, am I committed to taking the bachelors degree? Or can I, for instance, choose an insurance choice that offers AAB for a masters degree?

Thanks,
Stormin'
Original post by Stormin'
Hi,

So I'm currently in the process of deciding what my firm choice will be. Out of my three successful offers, the uni that I view as my 'firm' choice has given me an offer on top of a backup offer. i.e. they're offering AAA for a masters degree but also if I get AAB they will offer me a bachelors degree.

My question is... if I put this university as my firm but achieve AAB in my final grades, am I committed to taking the bachelors degree? Or can I, for instance, choose an insurance choice that offers AAB for a masters degree?

Thanks,
Stormin'

I presume if you met the back up offer unless you told your firm otherwise they would automatically accept you for that, so if you dont want to be considered for the back up let them know before results day.
You dont get to choose on track between your firm and insurance on results day, the insurance automatically disappears if your firm accepts you.
Reply 2
Original post by Stormin'
Hi,

Thanks,
Stormin'

Is this for engineering?

It's common to get a double offer for BEng/MEng. If you firm and "only" get the BEng acceptance you can usually still progress to MEng if you do well in Year 1&2.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
It is for Engineering (general). Thanks for the info!
If you firm a MEng offer and your firm choice want to put you onto the BEng because you've missed your offer grades then on results day you would have a changed offer request on Track. You have 7 days to either take the changed offer or turn it down. If you turn it down then UCAS treat you as if your firm rejected you and your insurance choice would come into play.

Quick Reply