The Student Room Group

Pill back to back

I'm going on holiday next week and due my 7 day break and obviously I don't want to be on my period whilst I'm away. I was wondering if it's ok to take my pill back to back to avoid my period.

I'm on Levest 150/30 and have been for a number of years but I've never took my packets back to back before
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I'm going on holiday next week and due my 7 day break and obviously I don't want to be on my period whilst I'm away. I was wondering if it's ok to take my pill back to back to avoid my period.

I'm on Levest 150/30 and have been for a number of years but I've never took my packets back to back before

I was going to ask the exact same thing. Sorry I can't help, I was just a bit anxious about any possible side effects, particularly about the risk of strokes/blood clots. Also will it effect the next period?
Reply 2
Original post by keturah
I was going to ask the exact same thing. Sorry I can't help, I was just a bit anxious about any possible side effects, particularly about the risk of strokes/blood clots. Also will it effect the next period?

It's ok, I know what you mean, I feel the same, I'm worried about it effecting my periods and stuff too
Yes it's ok - there's at least one product that effectively skips the week breaks for two months in a row. Although manufacturer has gone through the regulatory hurdles to market it, some women skip more than that.

You're not going to be at any increased risk, but it's possible that - as whenever changing how you take hormonal contraception - your body will take a while to get used to it. This can include bleeding or not bleeding when expected.
Reply 4
Original post by unprinted
Yes it's ok - there's at least one product that effectively skips the week breaks for two months in a row. Although manufacturer has gone through the regulatory hurdles to market it, some women skip more than that.

You're not going to be at any increased risk, but it's possible that - as whenever changing how you take hormonal contraception - your body will take a while to get used to it. This can include bleeding or not bleeding when expected.

Thank you :smile:
Original post by Anonymous

I'm on dianette and double back a fair bit (like once every 4/5 months or so depending on what I've got on like going on holiday or D of E) and all I'd say is don't do it too frequently or do more than two months in a row coz there is a small risk of fainting and other things. Other than that there is no reason why you shouldn't

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Thanks for your responses guys, it's put my mind at ease :smile:
I take the combined contraceptive pill (Microgynon 30) and never take a break. I take every single pack back to back and have done so for nearly a year. I'm fortunate in that I don't get breakthrough bleeding. Never had any issues with it. It's completely safe; I checked with the nurse at my local sexual health clinic and she said it was fine. So missing one break will be absolutely fine, don't worry.
yeah i always take 2 packets at once as my periods are always super heavy and incredibly painful so it means i only have to have 6 a year rather than 12, never had a problem with it!

Quick Reply

Latest