The Student Room Group

Edexcel PE exam 2016- thoughts?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kennethdcharles
It was an average paper for me. Luckily, I got 48/50 in the practical exam, so with a bit of luck, I should have got an A*. What did everyone write for the last 6 mark question, the question about when an 800m runner would need fast reactions, the question about interval training for 10000m and 100m runners, the question about priority groups, and the question about why the elite basketball player would be a good coach?

I also got 48/50 haha. For the last six mark question I wrote about antagonistic muscle pairs, flexion and extension, isotonic movement, how the skeletal system supports movement etc. I hope I got that right!
Reply 21
What did eveyone write for the initiative question?
Original post by Helpmepickone
would this be right as well
I wrote
they need to have reaction time when the opponents make a slight mistake and he capitalise on it and overtake them
well something along the lines of that

yeah that sounds about right, you just said it the other way round to me
Reply 23
Does anyone have the unofficial mark scheme for the Edexcel PE exam ?
I said they needed RT to know exactly when to dip their head before the finish line to come first
what, you wrote 'inflatable vest'?

yes, to prevent a person from drowning. Not sure if it is right though...
Original post by lolol9
What did eveyone write for the initiative question?

For the other aim I wrote that they create opportunities for talented performers to reach elite level
Original post by bethanyjx
Thought it was GREAT.........and then i compared my answers with people and realised i read at least 3 of the questions wrong..yay :/
setting myself up for a fail :wink:

what ones did you get wrong?
Reply 28
What did you guys write for the 'why are performance enhancing drugs banned?'

i wrote the following reasons:
1) they are obviously giving athletes an unfair advantage over participants that don't use drugs- (gave an example of beta blockers)

2) They do lots of physical damage to your body and have harmful side effects
(gave example of beta blockers side effects so thats seriously low BP and dehydration)
Original post by Fxli9
i wrote the following reasons:
1) they are obviously giving athletes an unfair advantage over participants that don't use drugs- (gave an example of beta blockers)

2) They do lots of physical damage to your body and have harmful side effects
(gave example of beta blockers side effects so that's seriously low BP and dehydration)

1. i said that they by using the drugs they have an advantage, therefore, it's not fair on the others

2.also,that young people look up to role models and therefore if they take it then it will have an negative impact on them and the younger generation
Reply 30
1. i said that they by using the drugs they have an advantage, therefore, it's not fair on the others

2.also,that young people look up to role models and therefore if they take it then it will have an negative impact on them and the younger generation

yeah it sounds right but its hard to tell because both our answers make sense
Reply 31
We need an unofficial mark scheme 🤔👍

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fxli9
yeah it sounds right but its hard to tell because both our answers make sense

yh true

Original post by Rof74
We need an unofficial mark scheme 🤔👍

Posted from TSR Mobile

can u get it?
you know the risk assessment, question where you had the ice hockey picture and the sailing picture. For the sailing picture i wrote you may drown for the risk and to prevent this i wrote 'inflatable vest' cos my mind went blank and yh
would i get a mark for that?

That's correct since I asked my PE teacher. I went the difficult way and said the sail would reduce the force of the wind on the boat preventing it from tipping over.
Original post by Wolfram Alpha
That's correct since I asked my PE teacher. I went the difficult way and said the sail would reduce the force of the wind on the boat preventing it from tipping over.

o okay thanks
What did everyone write for the balanced diet 6 mark question and the qustion where it said how can you test agility and speed
Original post by Jaime gotch
What did everyone write for the balanced diet 6 mark question and the question where it said how can you test agility and speed

for diet one i talked about macro and micro nutrients and then talked about y each one is important

for agility question I wrote
get cones and set them up in a line 10m apart from each other and then you can improve ur agility by running in and out of it
and for speed I wrote
get 2 cones and set them up 35m apart from each other and then I said to sprint from the first cone to the other cone
What did you guys write for the 'why are performance enhancing drugs banned?'

I talked about:

1. the fact they carry severe side effects(and gave examples)
2. the fact it is "not in the theme of sport" and gives players an unfair advantage
Original post by FutureDietitian
I talked about:

1. the fact they carry severe side effects(and gave examples)
2. the fact it is "not on the theme of sport" and gives players an unfair advantage

do you think I would get a mark for saying
young people look up at athletes as role models, therefore, it would have a bad impact on the younger generation and themselves
do you think I would get a mark for saying
young people look up at athletes as role models, therefore, it would have a bad impact on the younger generation and themselves

Yes, you would get the mark. But seriously, the exam is over now; stop checking every question because it will just build up negative feelings within you with each question you realise you answered incorrectly. Forget about PE and spend your time more effectively revising for other examinations; if you are well prepared, you will feel so happy and confident after the exam thus you will feel it is completely unnecessary to log onto TSR and check you answer afterwards.

Quick Reply

Latest