The Student Room Group

If money was no object what would your dream wedding be like?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by claireestelle
It is incredibly peaceful, i do miss being surrounded by greenery, but then i remember the awful public transport:P I presume you mean the ice cream in llanberis, they really know their ice cream there :smile:

Yes I LOVE that place. The houses were so cute with all their bright colours. Majority of the unis I'm going to apply to are going to be like an hour or less away from a national park anyway so I'll have a chance to escape the city life for some greenery :h:
First wedding on the moon.
A nice garden somewhere, maybe of one of those huge country houses.

I want a Vera Wang dress, so that too, but otherwise nothing else extravagant. I might spend a bit on my hair but I don't think I'd spend too much. My make up would be simple, definitely, maybe done by a close friend rather than an artist. Nice people, nice food and nice flowers, sometime in the spring.

The last thing I want to do is go down the Asian wedding route. I hate the colour red for a wedding, the make up is layered on so thick it's disgusting, jewellery just looks wayy too much. Knowing my parents, they'll probably try to get me married in a ceremony with over 800 people in the wedding hall in the old factory near my house... :puke:
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Yes I LOVE that place. The houses were so cute with all their bright colours. Majority of the unis I'm going to apply to are going to be like an hour or less away from a national park anyway so I'll have a chance to escape the city life for some greenery :h:

Sounds like some good uni choices. there's quite a lot of colourful houses hiding in wales:smile:
Original post by Serine Soul

I want a Vera Wang dress, so that too, but otherwise nothing else extravagant. I might spend a bit on my hair but I don't think I'd spend too much. My make up would be simple, definitely, maybe done by a close friend rather than an artist. Nice people, nice food and nice flowers, sometime in the spring.

The last thing I want to do is go down the Asian wedding route. I hate the colour red for a wedding, the make up is layered on so thick it's disgusting, jewellery just looks wayy too much. Knowing my parents, they'll probably try to get me married in a ceremony with over 800 people in the wedding hall in the old factory near my house... :puke:

I couldn't imagine having 800 people at my wedding, i can understand why you wouldnt want that. A country house sounds like a lovely wedding, especially gardens for photos :smile:
Original post by ellej93
I like my wedding on the beach at night with white lights and candles. I would just like to invite families and some close friends to make it more intimate.

Yes! Plus I have to have belly dancer at my wedding and an Italian touch to it. A lovely dress produced by Vera wang or one Like the one Kate wore for her wedding and my hair done beautifully including makeup and a lovely bouquet of flowers and bridesmaids looking sexy. Also beautiful diamond necklace and earrings to go with the dress All my friends and family have to be there
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Serine Soul

Vera Wang dresses are beautiful.

Oh my God I don't even want to tell my Asian family I want a Western wedding with a white wedding dress with a few guests instead of an Asian one :I I feel your pain.
I believe the average UK spend is like 12k

Oh God what??? Thats the AVERAGE? Thats a year's minimum wage salary... anybody who wastes money like that has no right to complain about mortgages being too high or whatever. I cant believe people piss away that much money for nothing. You can have a wedding in your backyard for free /a few quick for drinks or whatever. for ****'s sake.
I couldn't imagine having 800 people at my wedding, i can understand why you wouldnt want that. A country house sounds like a lovely wedding, especially gardens for photos :smile:

Im a private person in general and prefer small, intimate gatherings over huge social events, I find it hard to understand why anyone would want to make a spectacle of their wedding, its meant to be a special event. Having 800 people at your wedding, most of whom you barely know, because nobody is that intimate with 800 people in their lives, unless you are a prostitute..it just seems a bit vain and attention-whorey, and the bigger the wedding, the more it costs, why would you pay to have so many people at your wedding, most of those people dont even want to BE there, they just went because it would be rude to decline the invite. lmao
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by lolakirk
Oh God what??? Thats the AVERAGE? Thats a year's minimum wage salary... anybody who wastes money like that has no right to complain about mortgages being too high or whatever. I cant believe people piss away that much money for nothing. You can have a wedding in your backyard for free /a few quick for drinks or whatever. for ****'s sake.

Or so the media says online, but being an average there are probably many that were cheaper i suppose. Your backyard wouldnt be licensed for it but yeah you can get married for about £400 at a town registrar office if you wanted to:P .
Original post by lolakirk
Im a private person in general and prefer small, intimate gatherings over huge social events, I find it hard to understand why anyone would want to make a spectacle of their wedding, its meant to be a special event. Having 800 people at your wedding, most of whom you barely know, because nobody is that intimate with 800 people in their lives, unless you are a prostitute..it just seems a bit vain and attention-whorey, and the bigger the wedding, the more it costs, why would you pay to have so many people at your wedding, most of those people dont even want to BE there, they just went because it would be rude to decline the invite. lmao

I can't understand it either, i dont want to pay to have guests at ours,if we had decided to have family there it wouldnt have been something very simple food wise.
same, i hate the idea of wasting things, it causes me stress. so i'd probably stil have the snowy winter wedding like nanny mcphee but the muslim version with shawarma being served and dabke dancing ahaha
several cases of the finest champagne
an open high luxury bar
a nice big diamond 6ct solitaire ring for her and a heavy platinum ring for me
I honestly just want a nice small church, a pretty dress and a few friends and family.
Original post by jamesthehustler
several cases of the finest champagne
an open high luxury bar
a nice big diamond 6ct solitaire ring for her and a heavy platinum ring for me

I m not a diamond girl, but good ring taste you've got there:P
I m not a diamond girl, but good ring taste you've got there:P

i'd got for a 20ct precious stone then like a colombian emerald or a burmese ruby
Original post by jamesthehustler
i'd got for a 20ct precious stone then like a colombian emerald or a burmese ruby

Now that is incredibly expensive:P

Emeralds are still quite rare , I d be too scared to wear something that expensive even with insurance.
Just as it was - 2 witnesses at a registry office.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending