The Student Room Group

AQA Lit B 1 2016 Resit

Scroll to see replies

You too ! Let's all pray for really nice questions as it's the last litb1 xD
How did everyone find that?
Original post by s_whitehead3
How did everyone find that?

I thought that it was an amazing exam 😊 I'm so happy!!
Thought it was such a good exam! So much better than last year, which section B questions did u pick?
Original post by Mlinskill
do you happen to remember the section B questions?

The significance of characterisation and the significance of final sentences!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rosieschofield
Thought it was such a good exam! So much better than last year, which section B questions did u pick?

I chose the question about final sentences, how about you? :smile:
Original post by sophiec2
I chose the question about final sentences, how about you? :smile:

I did characterisation :smile: Thought the question on final sentences was quite apt considering it's the last ever exam though :biggrin:
That was fantastic!! The Auden question was absolutely perfect for me, personally got so lucky with that one! Anyone else pick that one for section A??

Did anyone do the Characterization question? I did final lines myself, just wondering how y'all found that one??
Original post by LostInPanda
That was fantastic!! The Auden question was absolutely perfect for me, personally got so lucky with that one! Anyone else pick that one for section A??

Did anyone do the Characterization question? I did final lines myself, just wondering how y'all found that one??

I did the same questions as you! I agree James Honeyman was a fantastic poem for me as it was one of my favourite poems, the women question that followed was equally as good as it allowed me to set up a sense of debate! Section B was equally as great as it allowed me to comment on specific events that had importance regarding the final sentences. Overall a fantastic exam! Much better than last years :smile:
I did Auden for section A! Thought it was such a great question for the odd numbered too! The characterisation part was really well too! What did you guys talk about in the odd numbered for Auden, I talked about James Honeyman, victor, miss gee and o what is that sound :smile: wrote more paragraphs than I have been doing in mocks too which was weird
I did Auden for section A! Thought it was such a great question for the odd numbered too! The characterisation part was really well too! What did you guys talk about in the odd numbered for Auden, I talked about James Honeyman, victor, miss gee and o what is that sound :smile: wrote more paragraphs than I have been doing in mocks too which was weird

I was the same! I couldn't actually believe how much I managed to write during that exam. I used victor and James Honeyman too and miss gee aswell :smile:
The exam was fine this morning, section A was a dream, section B not so much, but overall I feel like I have done waaay better this year than last year! I hope everyone else feels okay about it!
Reply 72
Yes!! Me too, had prepared James Honeyman so much considering it was the only one that hadn't been picked so far. The (ii) question was fair too I thought. It went soo much better than last year! :biggrin:
Reply 73
How did everyone find it?
Original post by sophiec2
I did the same questions as you! I agree James Honeyman was a fantastic poem for me as it was one of my favourite poems, the women question that followed was equally as good as it allowed me to set up a sense of debate! Section B was equally as great as it allowed me to comment on specific events that had importance regarding the final sentences. Overall a fantastic exam! Much better than last years :smile:

It really was! James Honeyman is one of my favorites too, and I wrote about my other two favourites, Victor and Miss Gee in the even number! Didn't even look at the questions for my other texts, I was buzzing for Auden!

I did Victor, Miss Gee and James Honeyman... tried to be clever and try to do Musee des Beaux Arts but kicked that to the curb for sake of ease... I was running out of time, so I don't think I wrote more, but it was certainly much better than anything I did last year!

What other texts did you do, and what did you write about for characterization? I was tempted to do that one, but the last line of Kite Runner pushed me over the edge because it was so nice...
I wrote about the road, the great gatsby and Browning's poetry. And just the different narrative methods the writers used to develop characters ^-^ what about you?
What did everyone get in this exam?

I got a C again :frown: Somehow managed to get an A* star overall though!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending