The Student Room Group

Question about A2 Psychology (AQA)

I was wondering whether we get AO2/3 marks for criticising a study that we used as AO2.

For example:

Using Zimbardo's prison expt to support the De-individuation theory..then going on to say ''however, this study has ethical issues / is ethnocentric'' etc

Also, if we do get marks would it be classed as ao2 or ida?

Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by qwerty123A
I was wondering whether we get AO2/3 marks for criticising a study that we used as AO2.

For example:

Using Zimbardo's prison expt to support the De-individuation theory..then going on to say ''however, this study has ethical issues / is ethnocentric'' etc

Also, if we do get marks would it be classed as ao2 or ida?

Thanks!

Hi, when evaluating any study its classed as A02/3, I think that if its a big issue then it counts as an IDA but I'm not 100% sure :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Elle_w
Hi, when evaluating any study its classed as A02/3, I think that if its a big issue then it counts as an IDA but I'm not 100% sure :smile:

Thankss :smile: I was hoping it does get marks cos i do it quite a lot in my essays. Did you find that out from your teacher or a textbook or something?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Thankss :smile: I was hoping it does get marks cos i do it quite a lot in my essays. Did you find that out from your teacher or a textbook or something?

Posted from TSR Mobile

My teacher constantly goes on about layering evaluation points to boost our A02/A03 mark. It's much easier than having to remember loads of studies for each essay and has helped me go from an A to A* grade :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Elle_w
My teacher constantly goes on about layering evaluation points to boost our A02/A03 mark. It's much easier than having to remember loads of studies for each essay and has helped me go from an A to A* grade :smile:

Well done!

How many ao2 points do you make (and how many studies)? If you dont mind me asking.

I've been self-teaching so i need all the help i can get lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Well done!

How many ao2 points do you make (and how many studies)? If you dont mind me asking.

I've been self-teaching so i need all the help i can get lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

I normally include around 4 research studies as A02 to support/ refute theory. So in one essay there may be two theories, so two studies for each. I then layer the evaluation for at least one e.g internal validity/generalisation. I also include two IDA's and the research can be used to base them on e.g beta bias or nature v nurture.
Reply 6
Original post by Elle_w
I normally include around 4 research studies as A02 to support/ refute theory. So in one essay there may be two theories, so two studies for each. I then layer the evaluation for at least one e.g internal validity/generalisation. I also include two IDA's and the research can be used to base them on e.g beta bias or nature v nurture.

Oh i see, we structure our essays quite similarly then. You've been of great help and good luck in your exams :smile:.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending