The Student Room Group

Is anyone else watching 'MY GCSE/A LEVEL RESULTS 2015' Youtube videos?

They're really helping to motivate me since I don't really know what to do with myself at the moment apart from turn up to exams lol. It's made me feel more excited/anxious about this whole GCSE experience.

I've realised that there are 4 different types of people:

- People who don't revise/revise a small amount but still get good grades
- People who revise a lot/work hard and get the grades they hoped for
- People who didn't get the grades they wanted
- People who get like 10A*/A's but 1B and think their lives are over

I was thinking of making my own video though :ahee: (even if I'm not happy with the result I get)
(edited 7 years ago)
I've watched a few, and yeah either people got terrible results or amazing results !
They don't really motivate me, just make me anxious that I won't be able to celebrate my results but it's good that it's helping motivate you:smile:
Go ahead and make one, I would totally watch it in the summer aha :wink:
Reply 2
Original post by Kiniun
They're really helping to motivate me since I don't really know what to do with myself at the moment apart from turn up to exams lol. It's made me feel more excited/anxious about this whole GCSE experience.

I was thinking of making my own video though :ahee: (even if I'm not happy with the result I get)

I do as well, i don't know why but they really interest me lol. I'm just excited for it to be over and have a looong summer of netflix :smile::smile::smile:
I have watched quite a few to motivate myself to work hard to either be as happy as the people in the videos or to prevent myself from being in the situation they are in.
Original post by Kiniun

I watched them a few months ago, maybe back in March. It kinda made me feel really anxious, so I stopped. I was always like "oh I could get better grades than them" but now that I'm actually doing my GCSEs, it feels really last minute and I'm aiming for Bs lol.
fml i hate the people that are like 'omg im s**t at (subject) how did I get an A*'' well you're clearing not badthen like gosh
Reply 6
Original post by pixiefuller
I've watched a few, and yeah either people got terrible results or amazing results !
They don't really motivate me, just make me anxious that I won't be able to celebrate my results but it's good that it's helping motivate you:smile:
Go ahead and make one, I would totally watch it in the summer aha :wink:

Omg yay, I'm guaranteed 1 view:woo:
Reply 7
Original post by Kiniun

Omg same haha thought I was the only one! :biggrin: Yeah make one! And then you can look back on it and use it as motivation for A-Levels!
Reply 8
Original post by romansholiday
I watched them a few months ago, maybe back in March. It kinda made me feel really anxious, so I stopped. I was always like "oh I could get better grades than them" but now that I'm actually doing my GCSEs, it feels really last minute and I'm aiming for Bs lol.

Same, after a couple exams that I've taken so far, I've had to lower my expectations a bit
But I've seen you on other GCSE threads and you seem so smart, you should try aim for A's :smile:
Reply 9
HAHAHAHA its literally all I do
Reply 10
Original post by rihana.c
I do as well, i don't know why but they really interest me lol. I'm just excited for it to be over and have a looong summer of netflix :smile::smile::smile:

In the summer I'm going to watch like 5 different series in a row idc :lol: (I've got a whole list of shows I need to catch up on)
Reply 11
Original post by Kiniun
In the summer I'm going to watch like 5 different series in a row idc :lol: (I've got a whole list of shows I need to catch up on)

aha saame. I literally have so much to catch up on lol

Quick Reply

Latest