The Student Room Group

Is this picture disgusting or beautiful?

Scroll to see replies

I don't see anything wrong with it.

It was a father comforting his sick child, whom he had to carry into the shower to reduce his temperature.

It's society whom has to sexualise everything, as per usual.
Reply 41
Original post by Tortent
I don't think you could tell from the angle if the father is wearing briefs, and if he was wearing Boxer Briefs you would have to look real hard to notice.

Well, the article states 'naked' so I can only assume.
Original post by xobeauty
You better get your **** together mister

Going to illegally immigrate to Canada. Pretend to be an Inuit.
Original post by inhuman
Check the question.

OP asked a question, I answered it. Don't get your panties in a wad just because I did not take the same interpretation of the question or the photograph (as a piece of art) than others.

I can just as well say about a famous painting it looks ****, meanwhile critics might argue the beautiful use of technique...yadda yadda yadda. Get the point?

No because you have no point. You check the question. My issue isn't your opinion its the fact its backing is absolutely ludicrous and based on a blatant and deliberate 'misinterpretation' of the question and article.
Reply 44
Original post by inhuman
I said it's offputting. It's not outright disgusting, but not really beautiful either...

@ivybridge said
Well, it isn't supposed to be sexual and attractive, pal.and you replied with

"disgustiung or beautiful"...

so I said

beautiful != sexual because you seemed to imply that it does due to your response to that post

got nuffin to do with your opinion of the pic in question
Original post by Ciel.
What stereotype? And I don't cry about feminism, I'm freaking gay and I support feminists lol (to a certain extent). It just gives me creeps because it looks like his privates are touching the child's body, I don't like it. It'd be the same if it was a naked woman. It's not about the gender of the naked person - it's just that I don't think it is appropriate to bath/shower naked with your child after the child reaches a certain age.

You being gay has no relevance to male stereotypes and feminism.

The child is a toddler. He's young enough. The kid was sick. And your mind is clearly amiss there if that's what you thought when looking; how disturbing.
Reply 46
Original post by ivybridge
No because you have no point. You check the question. My issue isn't your opinion its the fact its backing is absolutely ludicrous and based on a blatant and deliberate 'misinterpretation' of the question and article.

I didn't read the article...I answered the question in the thread title.

How is that having no point?
Reply 47
Original post by z33
@ivybridge said
Well, it isn't supposed to be sexual and attractive, pal.and you replied with

"disgustiung or beautiful"...

so I said

beautiful != sexual because you seemed to imply that it does due to your response to that post

got nuffin to do with your opinion of the pic in question

The OP is asking our opinion on whether the picture is disgusting or beautiful. I said it's off putting, I gave a reason why. He did not ask if the scene was beautiful (the scene being a father comforting his child), he (or she) said picture. I gave my opinion about that.

The only reason there is so much debate here is because some people chose to sexualize the photo, complain about it, and the media got a hold of it. Otherwise you lot wouldn't even make a fuss.
That picture should come with a health warning because I vomited all over my keyboard.

Why is this pedophile agenda being shoved down our throats? Why are grown men posting naked pics of themselves with little children on social media? There are so many questions I have so many questions for the mother... Was she the one taking this pic? Did she green light this for him to post online?

I just came back from watching X-men Apocalypse and there was pedophilic overtones in the movie too with how Jean Grey is so much younger than ol' man Logan yet the producers of the movie thought it was okay for a man more than twice the age of a 15 year old have a 'sexual awakening' with her.
Original post by inhuman
"Is this picture disgusting or beautiful?"

It's disgusting then. Better?

Still, though, it is obvious that you are referring to the male's appearance, as you've already stated your reasoning.

Sorry to be facetious but, you know, TSR standards.
Reply 50
Original post by inhuman
The OP is asking our opinion on whether the picture is disgusting or beautiful. I said it's off putting, I gave a reason why. He did not ask if the scene was beautiful (the scene being a father comforting his child), he (or she) said picture. I gave my opinion about that.

The only reason there is so much debate here is because some people chose to sexualize the photo, complain about it, and the media got a hold of it. Otherwise you lot wouldn't even make a fuss.

Yes, that is your opinion that is fine

And yes I agree I didn't say I disagreed with anything you just posted BUT

you seemed to imply it was sexual in that post in reply to ivybridge's "it's not meant to be sexual" post to which you quotes the title. So I clarified beautiful != sexual. Das it.
Reply 51
Original post by TeenPolyglot
Still, though, it is obvious that you are referring to the male's appearance, as you've already stated your reasoning.

Sorry to be facetious but, you know, TSR standards.

So what? I directly answered the OP.

Does it make you mad people have other interpretations?
Reply 52
Original post by z33
Yes, that is your opinion that is fine

And yes I agree I didn't say I disagreed with anything you just posted BUT

you seemed to imply it was sexual in that post in reply to ivybridge's "it's not meant to be sexual" post to which you quotes the title. So I clarified beautiful != sexual. Das it.

Yes and I pointed out that I wasn't looking at it sexually.

When I look at a cute dog and say omg he is so beautiful, does that mean I want to **** the dog? If I see something nasty on food and say that's off putting does that mean I don't want to eat the food or I don't want to **** the food?

In fact, what is going on here is that y'all minds so nasty, y'all immediately thought I was talking sexually. That's y'alls problem, not mine.
I think it's a bit much, personally. Because of the fact that they're both naked
Original post by Kylie Jenner
That picture should come with a health warning because I vomited all over my keyboard.

Why is this pedophile agenda being shoved down our throats? Why are grown men posting naked pics of themselves with little children on social media? There are so many questions I have so many questions for the mother... Was she the one taking this pic? Did she green light this for him to post online?

I just came back from watching X-men Apocalypse and there was pedophilic overtones in the movie too with how Jean Grey is so much younger than ol' man Logan yet the producers of the movie thought it was okay for a man more than twice the age of a 15 year old have a 'sexual awakening' with her.

If you actually read the article, those questions could be easily cleared up...and what would your reaction be if it was a women instead of a man?
At first I thought it was gross then I thought it was cute. The baby looks sleepy and the father looks like he is trying to shield his baby from drowning from incoming water above. I noticed the baby posture and the father's arms/hands wrapping around the baby after seeing the father's body. I think the father trying to shield his baby is cute, and the dad body is nothing nice to look at.

Its only sexual if you have a sexual mind. Nothing about this photo is inherently sexual at all. The people who think its sexual are the ones with the sexual thoughts, lol. Anyone remembers that time Perez Hilton posted a photo of him and his son sharing a bath tub? People screamed child abuse, lol. If you think every father who showers with their son is going to molest him or do something sexual, you have a problem. Lol
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 56

The child is a toddler. He's young enough. The kid was sick. And your mind is clearly amiss there if that's what you thought when looking; how disturbing.

It actually is pretty relevant because you, without any reason, assumed that I'm one of those guys who 'cry about feminism' and we all know that many guys who do that, and hate on women, do it just because they can't get girlfriends... And what stereotypes? About men being pedophiles? Like I said, it is not about the gender, it's the fact that he's not wearing pants that bothers me, I just don't like it. You are being quite rude, calling my mind disturbing. If you were comfortable running around your parents naked as a kid, great. But this doesn't apply to everyone. Plus the kid looks older imho.
Neither. It's just normal. Idiots love to brand men as paedophiles, even when it's some dude taking care of his child.
Reply 58
Original post by inhuman
Yes and I pointed out that I wasn't looking at it sexually.

When I look at a cute dog and say omg he is so beautiful, does that mean I want to **** the dog? If I see something nasty on food and say that's off putting does that mean I don't want to eat the food or I don't want to **** the food?

In fact, what is going on here is that y'all minds so nasty, y'all immediately thought I was talking sexually. That's y'alls problem, not mine.

no omygosh you IMPLIED it was tho

if you said that picture wasn't meant to be sexual
and I quotes "beautiful or disgusting"
would you not think "this bitch ****edd up and thinks beautiful means sexual"

you just clarified you didn't see it in a sexual way
so thank you

GAWSH
Original post by Sycamores
I don't see anything wrong with it.

It was a father comforting his sick child, whom he had to carry into the shower to reduce his temperature.

It's society whom has to sexualise everything, as per usual.

Exactly. He just wanted to comfort his sick baby....what a sweet heart.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending