Question 3

Spoiler

Question 4:

Spoiler

Question 5

Spoiler

Random ones:

Spoiler

Took me a while to make so any rep would be much appreciated :smile:. I hope this helped you all, I was getting impatient with it not being made in time so I made my own.

Will i get a mark for high pressure as it is a condition for cracking?
And also will i lose a mark if i correctly balanced the equation but accidently wrote Fe4, not 4Fe?
Original post by iamhasana
Actually the specification doesn't require you to know the catalyst so if you simply put Hot Catalyst according to the spec that would be ok.

Yep, that'd be fine!
Reply 482
I wrote use foil to prevent heat loss for the apparatus question would that be sufficient
anyone for the distillation question?
0 estimated marks so far😔
Original post by ScienceFantatic
haha it's ok and the lid one definitely I think. I'm not sure what you mean by 'needs less' though, less of what?

So when you produce the ethanol by ethen and steam as it is pure you don't need to produce as much ethanol. I may have also said you don't need to distil the solution to get ethanol
Original post by Friskaaaay
what's ur isa mark?

I got 26 marks for ISA will this downgrade my final grade?
Original post by Social Elitist
This is painful to read... I felt so good when I just finished the exam - thinking I'd get B-A... but some reading errors that slipped by and gaps of knowledge might just get me a B at most.

Pray to God that there are anmolous marks and that I would get something higher than a C. Asian parents don't find C's acceptable, so I would feel too ashamed for myself, even after more than 12 hours C1 revision were gone the gutter...

This is funny. I'm in the same situation. Revised for hours. Only to get 2 hours sleep before the exam and then mis-read or make silly mistakes that cost me bigtime. What a shame, hopefully I'll get a good enough grade to take A levels next year though - Which are worth much more than standard GCSE's
Original post by Teenw123
No, it was high temperature and high pressure

I think it would be High temperature and Catalyst (powdered)...or if it is high pressure catayst should be an 'accept' part of the mark scheme.
Original post by redsoules
This is funny. I'm in the same situation. Revised for hours. Only to get 2 hours sleep before the exam and then mis-read or make silly mistakes that cost me bigtime. What a shame, hopefully I'll get a good enough grade to take A levels next year though - Which are worth much more than standard GCSE's

Same situation as well:redface:
Original post by Dizgurl
Same situation as well:redface:

Goodluck in the future. Madáme
For the ethene question could you say

Ethanol more concentrate
So less energy and money needed to purify it
Your ****ed mate
Guys, you could also write that crude oil is cheaper in comparison to plant oils and explain it of course if anyone wanted to know :smile:
Also to everyone worrying (including myself) remember , this is an UNOFFICIAL markscheme, there will be soooo many more things on the actual one , sooooo many more "allows" so don't worry!! Even still, contrary to a lot of people here a lot of the country did find it reasonably difficult so the grade boundaries won't be all that high. The max would be 51 tops :smile: ALSO you have C2 and C3 , honest to God if you do solid revision and know your **** inside out and do all the past papers, there will literally be no reason for you not to get even 100% in the next two papers and boost your grade, WE'RE ALL CAPABLE :smile:
Have a great day!
You can also write in disadvantages of hydrogen that it is harder to distribute than petrol which can be distributed through petrol stations etc.
Reply 496
Original post by Sueje
I wrote use foil to prevent heat loss for the apparatus question would that be sufficient

Hey bro i wrote increase the resolution of the thermometer so its 0.01g instead of 0..1 g is that ok?
Reply 497
Original post by Laurantaylor
Did anyone know the black substance???

carbon particulates due to insufficient oxygen and therefore incomplete combustion
Original post by Rahat.H
Hey bro i wrote increase the resolution of the thermometer so its 0.01g instead of 0..1 g is that ok?

I wrote increase flame size for surface area. Plausible, but I think after all it did mention you had to tamper with the apparatus?
Reply 499
Original post by redsoules
I wrote increase flame size for surface area. Plausible, but I think after all it did mention you had to tamper with the apparatus?

Hey do you remember the actual experiment and question, if so can you reply and write it down? thanks:biggrin:!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending