The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS Mathematics C2- 25th May 2016 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TeeEm
I feel I am hard enough
_IYGB 6.jpg

only try it I.Y.G.B :wink:
Original post by johnhick98
what would be the best strategy to prepare for C2 from now, plus i dont have any exams in between so how should i go about this, i need to do really well considering i flopped c1 :smile:

There's really no special prep you can come up with haha just do as many past papers as possible, that's literally how I revise Maths :redface: No point writing the formulas down and making notes because if you use it enough, it'll become intuitive.
Original post by Euclidean
Seems like people might be running out of things to do in C2.

Here's a problem:

Prove that the area of a triangle of lengths a, b, c and adjacent angles A, B and C is given by 12absin(C)\frac{1}{2}absin(C)

Hence by considering the area of a triangle of lengths a, b, c and adjacent angles A, B and C prove the Law of Sines asin(A)=bsin(B)=csin(C)\displaystyle \frac{a}{sin(A)} = \frac{b}{sin(B)} = \frac{c}{sin(C)}

I don't think you have to prove these
Original post by Jules12345
I don't think you have to prove these

I think only if you understand why something works, can you make it work for you :smile:

This would never be asked as an exam question though, you're correct
I think only if you understand why something works, can you make it work for you :smile:

This would never be asked as an exam question though, you're correct

Okay
Original post by Imjustaloner
I feel the struggle as well, I took Chem and physcis! Are you doing aqa or edexcel?

Im doing edexcel :| what about you?
Fancy having a go at my question?

Either everyone has chickened out or they haven't seen it yet :lol:

I chickened out tbh ....
Anyone got any predictions for C2?
Reply 208
Original post by Walkerz7

Trig graph

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 209

Everything is going to come up really, there isn't a prediction as such. Just revise each chapter, but look for the harder ones in order to avoid the shock on Wednesday :smile:

Original post by rosemondtan
Expecting the harder topics to appear in the paper (eg binomial expansions, trigonometry, etc) :smile:

"Hard topics"... "Binomial Expansion" u wot?
(edited 7 years ago)
I love it when these come up, whole paper of these please *fingers crossed* :P
Original post by LewisClothier
"Hard topics"... "Binomial Expansion" u wot?

sorry?
Original post by rosemondtan
sorry?

why is binomial expansion classed as a "hard topic"?
Original post by AyeshaSohail101
Im doing edexcel :| what about you?

I'm doing aqa? Like is there a difference, like is edexcel harder than aqa? Or the other way round, because I seem to be the only person doing the aqa as new spec 😂😂

When it is used as the basis for approximation tonnes of candidates get caught out each year :tongue:
Original post by TeeEm
I feel I am hard enough
_IYGB 6.jpg

Lot's of fun! :biggrin:

Maybe you find it easy, good for you. I find it difficult because I'm trying to memorise the formula without having to refer to the formula sheet. I hate referring to it in the exams unless absolutely necessary. The word "difficult" has multiple synonyms in the thesaurus, it could mean inconvenience just as well.
(edited 7 years ago)
When it is used as the basis for approximation tonnes of candidates get caught out each year :tongue:

really? oh... :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending