The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Original post by mathsisjust
that's amazing! any revision tips in general for maths and further maths?

do every past paper including other regions and solomons at least twice, seeking assistance on every question you do not completely understand.
Original post by edothero
Try to understand the material rather than memorising equations and methods, do past papers to get some exam practice in (especially recent papers). Don't over-revise, take breaks and keep calm.
Good luck with the rest of your exams :yy:

Thanks for this :smile:
Original post by Arsey
on average I think they are harder but some are easier

I did the Jan 2016 F1 or Fp1 (whatever its called) and it was much harder compared with the exam we just did.
Original post by Arsey
do every past paper including other regions and solomons at least twice, seeking assistance on every question you do not completely understand.

@Arsey are you a student or teacher?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by igotohaggerston
Arsey I wanted to know if you were a maths teacher and if you were male or female

????????????
Original post by Arsey

Arsey if I got my value for a wrong but the following parts correct for my value of a then how many marks would I get

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iMacJack
Arsey if I got my value for a wrong but the following parts correct for my value of a then how many marks would I get

Posted from TSR Mobile

what did you get for your value of a btw?
Original post by Arsey
look at the solutions in the first post

Hi @Arsey

On Q7, how many follow through marks would there be for if I got the wrong value of A????
Okay so I know I bagged 55/75.
Atleast these solutions confirmed to me that no silly mistakes!
Depending on the exact grade boundaries and whether or not I get anymore method marks hopefully a low to mid B!
For my AS FM I can hopefully level the playing field with a slightly higher mark in S1 and M2. All is not lost!
But C3 and C4 take priority and judging by the FP1 (with its new cover front page!!) I expect slightly more different and more algebraically trickier questions.
I shall work harder!
Original post by Siddhart1998
Okay so I know I bagged 55/75.
Atleast these solutions confirmed to me that no silly mistakes!
Depending on the exact grade boundaries and whether or not I get anymore method marks hopefully a low to mid B!
For my AS FM I can hopefully level the playing field with a slightly higher mark in S1 and M2. All is not lost!
But C3 and C4 take priority and judging by the FP1 (with its new cover front page!!) I expect slightly more different and more algebraically trickier questions.
I shall work harder!

I got 15 marks lower than you , got an E

Posted from TSR Mobile
Grade boundary predictions?

Mine:

73 - 100
66 - 90
60 - 80
Original post by GarlicBread01
Would doing R^2 = I be good to show that T was self inverse?

Because that means that transformation T followed by transformation T is just the identity matrix meaning its self inverse?

Awful paper btw

I did that too, hoping will be sufficient...
Original post by Fish40
I got 15 marks lower than you , got an E

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was gonna say that could be a D, but ngl its not really a consolation :frown:
U basically did around my level bar maybe a couple of questions u found challenging, but its silly how all the GB are tightly fixed around one one point :frown:(. Its fine, you can always retake if you are in AS year!!! If not, just ace your other exams! remember this is either just a 1/3 or 1/6 or 1/12 of ur qualifaction, i dont even know what ur doing aha. but it shall be fine!!!! good luck!!! :smile:
Original post by TH3-FL45H
Grade boundary predictions?

Mine:

73 - 100
66 - 90
60 - 80

I've never seen the FP1 100UMS boundary be less than 75, hmm
Original post by Siddhart1998
I was gonna say that could be a D, but ngl its not really a consolation :frown:
U basically did around my level bar maybe a couple of questions u found challenging, but its silly how all the GB are tightly fixed around one one point :frown:(. Its fine, you can always retake if you are in AS year!!! If not, just ace your other exams! remember this is either just a 1/3 or 1/6 or 1/12 of ur qualifaction, i dont even know what ur doing aha. but it shall be fine!!!! good luck!!! :smile:

Thanks mate :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why was last year's two proof by induction question worth 6 marks each but this year the proof were only worth 5 marks? Any reason in particular? They're pretty similar proofs
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by GarlicBread01
Why was last year's two proof by induction question worth 6 marks each but this year the proof were only worth 5 marks? Any reason in particular? They're pretty similar proofs

They probably did make it 6 marks each then realized they were giving away more than 75 marks, so they cut it down.
On the Argand diagram question if you drew the lines accordingly but didn't write the coordinate will you lose marks? if so how many? the question was out of 3.
Original post by igotohaggerston
They probably did make it 6 marks each then realized they were giving away more than 75 marks, so they cut it down.

If its 5 marks, do you get 1 mark for n=1 step, 1 mark for assumption step, 2 mark for inductive step and 1 mark for conclusion step (only if you got all other marks)?

Is this correct? (or likely to be correct since we cant be sure)

Latest

Trending

Trending