The Student Room Group

Muslims, if your child came out as gay?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Moonstruck16
Don't you have more valuable things to do in life?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't you?
Original post by donutellme
Don't you?

Yep. I was asking you though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Moonstruck16
Yep. I was asking you though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I do.

To conclude, you can judge people on anything that you wish. It is entirely up to the individual what they judge someone on, and whether they care about someone else's judgement on them.
Original post by LostGirlOnTheRun
I might not be religious in any way whatsoever, but I know my limits, and my children should too...I'm not against homosexuals, but religion wise my kids should know what is right and what is wrong. They should know what is accepted in religion and not focus on what is accepted in society.

That is such a disgusting view. Would you prefer them sticking to religion and being convinced that there's something wrong with them and then being unhappy? People like you make me despair for humanity.
I thought they stone gays in countries that are predominantly Islamic?
Original post by Anonymous
That is such a disgusting view. Would you prefer them sticking to religion and being convinced that there's something wrong with them and then being unhappy? People like you make me despair for humanity.

It's not about me making sure that they are unhappy, because I would be unhappy if they were, however-it's kinda like saying yeh it's okay to go and eat haraam, or go and drink alcohol....I don't necessarily see how my opinion bothers you so much.
Does depend on which country the family lives in, for instance, the love of a mother/father to his child is limited in countries like Saudi Arabia. If my child would be homosexual, I would be disappointed, yes, but I would not disown them, but this is mostly the decision of the mother, and I respect that.
Being a lesbian daughter of Muslim Arabian family was tough although my family are considered open minded comparing to others. I attempt a suicide at the age of 12. However being a 21 years old now I'm getting on fine with my family at least my sexual orientation is not the reason for our horrible relationship and it took ages for me to just get them to basically stop trying to change me. Btw I'm an atheist and they know it and deal with it just fine.
No I would not, I would treat us as a mental illness, and would tell them it's wrong, Islam forbids homosexuality, it's the same as saying you want to be a Nazi but a Jew; you can't be gay and Muslim!
Interesting discussion tbh

Quick Reply

Latest