The Student Room Group

Is my coming out plan too harsh?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by elitepower
There is nothing wrong with the fact you are gay. The fact you know you're gay and have continued to string your girlfriend along, the fact you have been cheating on her for months and the fact you are even planning this however is wrong and makes you a awful person. The fact you will never see any of these people again isn't the point (and not necessarily true). You are deliberately choosing to humiliate your girlfriend in public for no reason (you haven't even said one bad thing about her in the thread) other than because you can. That choice makes you a horrid person. Also have you been having sex with your girlfriend during this time as well? Imagine how you would feel if someone did this to you. Heck just imagine how awful you would feel if one of these things happened to you - say a cheating partner. Now imagine that but it coming out in the most horrendous fashion deliberately because your partner not only had not respected you enough to be loyal to you but chose to reveal it in this manner. Plus you will likely put the whole prom in a negative light and I would hope a lot of people wouldn't be supporting you, but angry. You won't be cheered away, you will be talked about as the cheating loser who humiliated his girlfriend in public for no reason and ruined everyones prom. The ONLY good thing in this thread is you mentioned some concern for your girlfriends A-Levels. Just wait until her exams are over and tell her in private whilst trying to care about her feelings.

Yes I've been having sex with my girlfriend as well during all this time. I don't want to be cheered; I never want to see most of those people again (the guys I do want to see again I'll keep in contact with); I'm leaving my city to go uni, which is far enough away to not bump into any of them, but not so far it would be an impossibility, I guess. I know it will hurt her feelings, but right now she's so excited about being the prom queen, and revising for her exams. The prom is on the same night as our school's last A2 exam.
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm hoping this is a troll. If not, you and your 'boyfriend' sound like horrible people and I hope you get a taste of your own medicine one day :smile:

Life isn't an American high school movie. You need to grow up.
(edited 7 years ago)
That's an awful plan - just imagine yourself in the position of your girlfriend for a moment. You should've broken up with her in September, and at the very least you should tell her privately before announcing it publicly. She'll be distraught and probably won't get over it for a long time; you may not care much for her, but at least consider her feelings.

Edit: just read that you've also been sleeping with your girlfriend throughout the entire time. She's clearly been led on to think this is a very serious relationship. To you, this entire process may be a joke. To her, it is not. Not only would she be devastated, but also embarrassed, as it would be revealed in front of the entire school. You may never have to see these people again, but she'll have to face them - have some sympathy for her, at least.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 63
Original post by John55
...maybe your dick is colossal then :s-smilie:... your post gave me a semi by the way... you bast$rd.

My dick is above average size. What turns you on in my post, to give you a semi? I've been having sex with her all this time as well, not that I enjoy it any more lol, but she doesn't know that.
(edited 7 years ago)
in theory this is really funny
but actually doing it is awful

if you don't want to ruin her exams/excitement then break up with her (normally) after prom
Original post by Icefield
She loves my dick too much to be a lesbian lol, she screams.

You would be surprised at how easily a woman can fake it to boost your ego. You never know, karma works in mysterious ways :wink:
Reply 66
Original post by defenestrated
in theory this is really funny
but actually doing it is awful

if you don't want to ruin her exams/excitement then break up with her (normally) after prom

In practice, I think it would be funny; would you laugh? I'm sure I'll get some laughs, if not, I know I'll have one.
I think you should tell your partners first. It's a bit harsh since they don't know a thing. Hope you work things out x
In practice, I think it would be funny; would you laugh? I'm sure I'll get some laughs, if not, I know I'll have one.

yeah people will laugh, but only if they're detached from the situation
and your girlfriend presumably actually cares about you so i don't know why you'd hurt her for the sake of people who don't
hahaha will love if you and your boyfriend break up after all this. karmas a right bitch sometimes.....i wouldn't be sounding so smug rn
-
-
-
-
-
-
also this is probably all a lie and your just v depressed that you cant get either a girlfriend or boyfriend lol bye
#trumptowin
Original post by DanteTheDoorWot
What should I call it?

Two and a Half gays?
How I met your girlfriend?
just Friends?

omfg im creasing 😂😂😂
Original post by John55
You are a colossal dick (not a compliment)... hopefully your girlfriend turns out to be a lesbian and has been cheating on you.

Imagine she has exactly the same plan as him...

That would be ****ing hilarious :rofl:
I'm 17, finishing my A2 exams soon. My school is doing an American style prom, with a homecoming king and queen. My girlfriend and I are the homecoming couple.

Last summer, I realised I was gay after doing stuff with a friend, and I've been cheating on my girlfriend ever since, with guys. I currently have a secret boyfriend (in my year at school), who I've been dating and having sex with since September. We both pretend we're straight around our friends and he has a girlfriend as well.

Edit: I've been having sex with her as well all this time, and my boyfriend has been doing the same with his girlfriend.

After the prom is finished, my boyfriend and I are going traveling for the summer. Our coming out plan (concocted while we drunk, but it still seems funny), is when I'm giving the king's speech, I invite him up to the stage, and make out with him (potentially other stuff as well), tell everyone we're gay and then leave the prom by taxi, never seeing any of them again. We think it would be a laugh, but of course a part of us thinks it's really harsh! What do you think?

PLOT TWIST: Both your girlfriends are secret lesbians and have been having sex behind your backs who's the real MVP now huh? :colone:
x

I'm not gonna lie, the entire plan is hilarious.

BUT really I think you should tell your girlfriend, because overall she'll be mortified, and when she's crowned homecoming queen no less. I really think that's cold. She must undoubtedly be a good friend of yours (unromantically of course) so in my opinion, the gentlemanly thing would be to break it off, at least after prom.

Don't do the big fancy charade, please. Spare the humiliation of your gf :redface:

I do believe in karma, so really, I don't want the universe to punish you. (You are flying the next day after all)

Overall, on paper HILARIOUS, In real life, possibly a HUGE MISTAKE
Using a homophobic slur, nice. (((((((((:
I can see your point about not wanting to tell you girlfriend incase it ruins her exams and her prom, however her prom shall be ruined even more if you did this plan. Maybe you should explain to her after exams, but prior to prom, about your situation- and then offer to go as friends (if she is willing to, of course). That way, she still gets to go to prom with you and potentially be queen, but also without you humiliating her in front of everybody.

Hope everything goes okay, just make sure not to upset her.
Okay let's be real, you're not going to change your mind no matter what everyone else is saying. If you're going ahead with it, fine, but regardless of not caring about your girlfriend's feelings or not seeing the rest of the students again, you're doing a really really shitty thing.
You are absolutely disgusting and despicable. To cheat on your girlfriend, repeatedly, keep a boyfriend behind her back AND then plan to humiliate her and ruin what is supposed to be a fun and enjoyable evening? As another poster said, you haven't said one bad thing about your girlfriend in this entire thread, which shows me that your 'not caring' about her feelings is just you being a colossal dick again. You're planning to basically reveal to the entire school year and your girlfriend that you've been cheating on her?

There is no need to do any of this. You probably will see these people again; ahem, holidays, where are you planning on staying during those, sweetie? In any case, she'll look back on that night with upset and disdain rather than with the happiness she should have felt. You're a horrid human being - as is your boyfriend- and I hope you both get exactly what you deserve one day. In fact, I really hope your boyfriend is cheating on you, **** bag :h:
Oh, yes, because that clearly isn't a daft, disgusting thing to do. You just sound like such a lovely person to me, I mean, I couldn't possibly imagine why people have trust issues with such genuinely wonderful people, such as yourself, on this planet.

Obviously, everybody knows that cheating is just the most hilarious thing one could ever do, and, you know, it would just be such a shame if you plan horrifically backfires and people write about how terrible you and your obviously charming boyfriend are on social media- leading to public shame and humiliation which you definitely don't deserve, because your girlfriend is clearly some kind of emotionless robot.

So, just go ahead with your wonderful, well-justified plan, because treating your girlfriend with blatant disrespect is such a lovely thing to do; it's something truly befitting a classy gentleman, such as yourself. :unimpressed:
I'm 17, finishing my A2 exams soon. My school is doing an American style prom, with a homecoming king and queen. My girlfriend and I are the homecoming couple.

Last summer, I realised I was gay after doing stuff with a friend, and I've been cheating on my girlfriend ever since, with guys. I currently have a secret boyfriend (in my year at school), who I've been dating and having sex with since September. We both pretend we're straight around our friends and he has a girlfriend as well.

Edit: I've been having sex with her as well all this time, and my boyfriend has been doing the same with his girlfriend.

After the prom is finished, my boyfriend and I are going traveling for the summer. Our coming out plan (concocted while we drunk, but it still seems funny), is when I'm giving the king's speech, I invite him up to the stage, and make out with him (potentially other stuff as well), tell everyone we're gay and then leave the prom by taxi, never seeing any of them again. We think it would be a laugh, but of course a part of us thinks it's really harsh! What do you think?

Can you not break it off with your girlfriend before doing this? You've been leading her on for a while now and she will be unbelievably upset. It's really not fair on her - I understand that it would be difficult to tell her that you're gay but this seems to be just a little bit cruel on her behalf.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending