The Student Room Group

Any car enthusiasts? let's see what you drive? :)

Scroll to see replies

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1463183025.951717.jpg

These... BMW 123d M Sport Coupe and a Yamaha MT07.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The_Stig
About to get a new car actually. Stuck between an A4 or a 3 Series. Insurance will be higher on the 3 Series as smallest engine is like 2L while the A4 is a 1.8TFSI. Plus I live in London - D:

Had a 320d, didn't like it. Really uncomfortable to drive. Tested an A4 while choosing my new one, but it wasn't as nice as the merc I have now. Plus, the merc has very low emissions and fantastic parking cameras which make it london-friendly!

Surprisingly high caster angle on the front wheels though!

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by XMaramena
Had a 320d, didn't like it. Really uncomfortable to drive. Tested an A4 while choosing my new one, but it wasn't as nice as the merc I have now. Plus, the merc has very low emissions and fantastic parking cameras which make it london-friendly!

I was considering the C180 as well actually - I'll have to test drive all 3
Original post by XMaramena

Beautiful car!!! Whats the suspension like?
Original post by The_Stig
I was considering the C180 as well actually - I'll have to test drive all 3

This one's the 220 Exec.

Original post by Gladiatorsword
Beautiful car!!! Whats the suspension like?

Test drove the A4, A6, 520 and IS300h when choosing it, the C Class has the softest suspension, but it's still not a patch on the C5 that you see peeking into the corner there. That citroen is like driving on a cloud, never found anything remotely like it.

I don't want a particularly sporty car - I want a smooth, well equipped ride that's easy on the eyes, tank and tax. This is £20 a year, 50-60mpg average and, well looks nice. Had a lot of problems with it though, but it seems they were one-off, and since it's been into the garage, things seem ironed out.

It's fairly fast too - surprisingly fast acceleration at high speeds that one has to be careful about. Put your foot down when you're already doing 70 to overtake someone, and you can very easily have slipped up near 100 by the time you passed them.
Mind giving me a ride?
Original post by AhmedMA99
Mind giving me a ride?

Sure thing just hop in

Posted from TSR Mobile
anyone else all for the V8 ?

1994- Mustang
1986- T/A Drag Car (You know that Famous talking style one called KITT From KR) :smile:
Original post by InV15iblefrog
Any Mercedes love?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is that your first car?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is that your first car?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is, yah. Had motorcycle experience previous to this, however, which is why I was confident I could look after it

Posted from TSR Mobile
It is, yah. Had motorcycle experience previous to this, however, which is why I was confident I could look after it

Posted from TSR Mobile

How much does insurance set you back if you dont mind me asking? I love the new a class and c class too

Posted from TSR Mobile
How much does insurance set you back if you dont mind me asking? I love the new a class and c class too

Posted from TSR Mobile

At the moment my insurance is £1500 ish. Considering my poor postcode, that was one of the cheapest I could find. Most were well over £2200

Posted from TSR Mobile
At the moment my insurance is £1500 ish. Considering my poor postcode, that was one of the cheapest I could find. Most were well over £2200

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats ridiculously cheap for a first time driver- given the car too. Congrats

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 54
Car I'm driving at the moment skoda Fabia vrs 05 plate had it since I was 18. Gonna get insured on my dads Audi rs4 in 2 years hopefully :smile:
Just got a Citroen saxo vtr only 30,000 miles :driver:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending