The Student Room Group

RAMADAN 2016 Any muslims planning on secretly not fasting?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by animeamanda1412
no
fasting and salah, i can never bunk them, not becuase of being forced by family.
im already committing a lot of sins how am i gonna ask for forgiveness from Allah if those are gone?
i really advise you to fast this year bro, maybe Allah would forgive your other sins you never know
it's your choice at the end of the day tho feel free to do what you want

I'm not a guy i'm a girl... i just don't see why i should be fasting if i don't practice ANYTHING at all from my religion just doesn't make sense to me ...
Original post by Anonymous
haha nice to have someone on the same page as me. Give me some tips please what do you store in your room? It's kinda difficult for me because i share a room so i'll only be able to eat if my sister is not in the room and gladly she will be at work on most days so i can eat then :biggrin:

Snacks and these like that.
You cant really be making three course meals during Ramadan but just get some chocolate/crackers/crisps etc. Stored food which is easy to eat.

Check out the ex muslim thread, lots of us will be doing it this year :h:
ngl, i find it difficult to pray once a day, let alone 5 times a day, but subhanallah i find it so easy to pray every single prayer in ramadan and i feel so connected with the religion, but outside of it it goes straight back to old habits.

I believe it is something to do with the shaytaan being locked up in the month of ramadan
I know hopefully i won't get caught didn't last year.

I'm assuming you have already decided you can't tell your parents. Are they so bad that they won't respect your wishes? That way you can just be upfront that you're not practicing and therefore aren't doing it.
Original post by HAnwar
No. I don't do immature stuff like that.

Ramadan is the best time of the year so I try and make the most out of it.

Hardly the best time when your breath stinks of crap
Reply 45
Original post by Rhythmical
Is that right darling? He told me how **** you are in bed lol.

still better than you tho
Original post by The_JoKeR
In the words of maryam or whoever it was going around the forum, "haram"

huh...?

you can still brush your teeth?
I think you should be straight up. If you don't a at to fast, why pretend? Just tell your family you're not going to.

For me however, I would like to fast, but I have an issue where I am always on my period. Idek why but I see my doctor soon, been trying to rule out what's happening and to get it to stop (like every single day on my period can you imagine?) So I don't think I'd be able to fast. But I struggle with telling people about this. My family know of course (my dad just knows I have an issue not details haha) but i don't know how I should tell other people..
Heres the way I see it, when I die, "he" won't be like. "Well... you've been an amazing person, you've been kind, helpful, honest... and dont think I didn't notice back in 04 when you gave that homeless person your lunch. Nice touch. Definitely earned some karma points there. However, because of that one day during Ramadam, I dont know if you remember, it was May of 2016 you secretly didn't fast. You ate. Yeah, so because of that... you're going to hell. NEXT!"
Original post by Dxua
nahh don't do that just fast and be proud you got through it or just say your not fasting:K:

Mum would kill me if i told her i wasn't so sneaking is the only option !
No i will not secretly fast, because you need to remember that it doesn't matter lying to your parents most importantly God knows what you are doing and if you feel ashamed then that you shouldn't feel ashamed that your lying to your parents instead being ashamed for not practicing the things in order to be a Muslim. It's only one month of your life, but i get its during exams and stuff, just fast the days you don't have an exam.
I'm not a guy i'm a girl... i just don't see why i should be fasting if i don't practice ANYTHING at all from my religion just doesn't make sense to me ...

exactly, if you dont practice anything (including salah) then why not practice it in ramadan?
and if you're not practicing salah wallah im asking from you please pray. that's the only connection you can have with Allah. after that Allah will make your life ten times easier
im not gonna make it long for you, it's your choice but the consequences in the akhira aren't worth it

and may Allah guide you
Yes, but what if you secretly eat..? Your mum won't know therefore she can't beat you.... !

Since you're not really a Muslim you probably don't understand that since we have strong beliefs, we believe that Allah is always watching us.

I can't, and will not force you, but I don't see why you're driving away from Islam? If you are concerned about some aspects, speak to your parents. Speak to an imam. Speak to someone who can help you and explain to you any doubts you're having. You can't just be doing it because you're bored.

Fasting is NOT about hunger. So if you ever did fast, my assumption is that it was meaningless. Allah does not need your hunger. Allah doesn't need anything from you tbh. It's to remind you of others and the less fortunate and make you more humble in that way.

Speak to your parents about what you do and plan on doing. Why not just eat? Because you know you're going to get in trouble? Then it means you know you are doing something wrong and you're just convincing yourself you're not going to be a Muslim. Your parents will understand. Worst case - they will be pissed. But you deserve it in that sense I suppose.

Going to be people here saying do what you want and be free and go away from this bad religion. At the end of the day, you DO have free will. But remember that this life is just a test. I, therefore, defend my actions. As a Muslim, it is my duty to help you as you are clearly lost. I as a result could not care less for what anyone has to say.
Yes, I've been doing this for years and years, started when I was around 12 or 13 and now I'm in my 20s, I'm an expert at hiding food in my room and eating when no ones there. The idea behind fasting is so stupid and pointless so I see no reason for depriving my body of food to please an imaginary sky fairy.
Original post by rihana.c
still better than you tho

Yeah whatever. :tongue:
I think you should be straight up. If you don't a at to fast, why pretend? Just tell your family you're not going to.

For me however, I would like to fast, but I have an issue where I am always on my period. Idek why but I see my doctor soon, been trying to rule out what's happening and to get it to stop (like every single day on my period can you imagine?) So I don't think I'd be able to fast. But I struggle with telling people about this. My family know of course (my dad just knows I have an issue not details haha) but i don't know how I should tell other people..

Because my mum is bloody strict YO ! so i don't want to tell her plus I'm so afraid of what on earth she would do and how she would react i just know it wouldn't be very pleasant ...
Reply 57

The Prophet (SAW) said, “He who fasts has two joys: a joy when he breaks his fast and a joy when he meets his Lord. The change in the breath of the mouth of the one who fasts is sweeter to Allah than the smell of musk.”

[Sahih al-Bukhari and Muslim]

Posted from TSR Mobile
in all honestly i look forward to ramadhan, you said you dont see the point...go educate yourself on why we fast. its not for the banter, there are reasons. youve also abused your parents trust. once they find out (and they will) you have no idea of their emotions they will be guilty not angry as much as guilty for not being a good parent. educate yourself being going "its pointless" "theres no reason for it" muslims in LEDCs have it 100000 times worse yet they still practice islam and fast. its called faith, something youre lacking

astagfirullah, reminds me of the muslim girl in my year who claims to be reallly religious whilst having a boyfriend who gets intimate AHAHAH
Heres the way I see it, when I die, "he" won't be like. "Well... you've been an amazing person, you've been kind, helpful, honest... and dont think I didn't notice back in 04 when you gave that homeless person your lunch. Nice touch. Definitely earned some karma points there. However, because of that one day during Ramadam, I dont know if you remember, it was May of 2016 you secretly didn't fast. You ate. Yeah, so because of that... you're going to hell. NEXT!"

I know i'm gonna end up in hell... It's not like i'm an atheist i do believe there's a god and still believe Islam is THE religion etc. but i just don't practice it...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending