The Student Room Group

How am I the same weight?

Hello all,

I'm currently 5 foot 9, 75kg, currently eating 1300 calories a day with high intensity training (burning about 350-400 calories).

For the past few days, I have been 75.00kg!

I have been 75.00kg in the mornings, after a meal, last thing at night. How is this happening?! I am weirded out. :s-smilie:
Are you weighing your food on a scale and logging your calories?

You arent being patient enough. Weight loss isnt linear.
You arent eating or burning the calories you think you are.
You days is nowhere hear long enough. You have to be patient and you have to be at deficit.

No deficit= no weight loss.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Are you weighing your food on a scale and logging your calories?

You arent being patient enough. Weight loss isnt linear.
You arent eating or burning the calories you think you are.
You days is nowhere hear long enough. You have to be patient and you have to be at deficit.

No deficit= no weight loss.

Thanks for your reply.

I weigh my food and log my calories through MFP. Even if I was underestimating by 100-200 calories, I would still be looking to lose 1kg a week. I had been steadily losing 1kg or so every week for the past 8 weeks.

Don't usually weigh myself everyday but I'm just concerned that even after a meal, the scale doesn't move. Even if I haven't gone to the toilet :/ :/
Original post by madl24903
Thanks for your reply.

I weigh my food and log my calories through MFP. Even if I was underestimating by 100-200 calories, I would still be looking to lose 1kg a week. I had been steadily losing 1kg or so every week for the past 8 weeks.

Don't usually weigh myself everyday but I'm just concerned that even after a meal, the scale doesn't move. Even if I haven't gone to the toilet :/ :/

You need to show some patience and realise weight loss isnt linear, some weeks you will lose and others you will not. It doesnt go down in a straight line even if you are consistent. You need to see weight loss over 4 weeks and if it doesnt move then you make adjustments. A few days is not sensible or realistic.
How do you just manage to eat 1300 calories a day? What do you eat?
Keep in mind that if you're working out tons that you will be losing weight but that'll also be replaced with muscle and muscle can weigh just as much.
Reply 6
Original post by Kutie Karen
How do you just manage to eat 1300 calories a day? What do you eat?

Oh, that's quite easy.

For breakfast, I always have greek yoghurt and granola - that's about 250 calories and I get about 20g of protein from it.

For lunch, it's a Waitrose low-calorie sandwich, their roast chicken one is quite nice and only comes in at 273. I have water with all my meals.

That's 573 calories. For dinner, I always make it hand made and it's usually chicken with salad. The total calories spent on dinner is something like 350, with the lean chicken breast making up a huge part of that. I usually make a home-made curry.

For a dessert, I'll have something like a fruit salad. Which is about 100 calories which I make myself. I'm now at 875-ish calories.

Throughout the day, I will have one of these beauties (129 calories) and two skinny dry cappuccinos from Caffe Nero (about 80 calories for both).

Just before I go to bed, I usually have a slice of whole grain, five-seeded bread about 120 calories. That's in total 1,204 calories, but I usually assume I have eaten about 100 calories more due to under-estimating.

Bear in mind, I will go the gym and do a mixture of medium to high intensity cardio for 30 minutes followed by strength exercises.

I have been steadily losing 1kg a week!
(edited 7 years ago)
Why are you weighing yourself once a day? Weigh yourself once a week. If the scales aren't moving and you're really eating that much, assess in the mirror whether or not you've gained muscle and lost fat. If not, try a refeed or cheat meal and then crack back on, then weigh again in a week. Make sure you really are eating as much as you say you are.

Quick Reply

Latest