The Student Room Group

If money isn't the most important thing, then what is?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by joecphillips
Family comes together in the face of adversity you seem to believe that it is only financial situations but family help with problems no matter how small. I flooded the house once who was it who came to help? Family.

How did they help?

"no matter how small" - this is a thread about the most important things... I want to know how family can help you more than money can since that was your reason.
Reply 41
Original post by xylas
How did they help?

"no matter how small" - this is a thread about the most important things... I want to know how family can help you more than money can since that was your reason.

Family have been helping each other throughout history long before money was ever thought of and there are still tribes doing this today.
Reply 42
Family have been helping each other throughout history long before money was ever thought of and there are still tribes doing this today.

? How did your family help you when your house was flooded?
Reply 43
Original post by xylas
? How did your family help you when your house was flooded?

By being there, helped with fixing things that had broke etc.
Reply 44
By being there, helped with fixing things that had broke etc.

Ok so cheap labour, nothing money can't do better
family, god and your dignity
Reply 46
Original post by xylas
Ok so cheap labour, nothing money can't do better

Surely by your idea that you can get it done better by other people means people are the most important thing.
Reply 47
Original post by CON5P1RACY K1D
family, god and your dignity

Which is better: having no money but having your dignity, or having lost your dignity but having money?

If you were starving would you rather have money or your dignity?

Already responded to family, look above. Also not everyone agrees in a god so I will leave that aside.

Surely by your idea that you can get it done better by other people means people are the most important thing.

But money can get people to do what you want whereas just having friends doesn't mean they will always be able to help you.

Obviously we're not talking about slaves here.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 48
Original post by xylas
Which is better: having no money but having your dignity, or having lost your dignity but having money?

If you were starving would you rather have money or your dignity?

Already responded to family, look above. Also not everyone agrees in a god so I will leave that aside.

But money can get people to do what you want whereas just having friends doesn't mean they will always be able to help you.

Obviously we're not talking about slaves here.

Weapons and blackmail can also get people to do what you want.

And once again you come back to people, without people money is pointless.
Reply 49
Weapons and blackmail can also get people to do what you want.

And once again you come back to people, without people money is pointless.

But money is a legal, easy way of doing it. What do you mean 'without people'? If there are no people the human race is over so nothing is important anymore.

I'm talking about right now on this planet what is the most important thing? So far the only answer is money since no-one including you has justified anything else as more important.
Reply 50
Happiness
Family can help with emotional support like o e time when I was really depressed and feeling suicidal my family provided a lot of emotional support to help me get better.
The question is why is money important? That will lead you to your answer
Reply 53
Original post by xylas
But money is a legal, easy way of doing it. What do you mean 'without people'? If there are no people the human race is over so nothing is important anymore.

I'm talking about right now on this planet what is the most important thing? So far the only answer is money since no-one including you has justified anything else as more important.

And you haven't justified money, your main argument is that it can get people to do things which means people have to have the skills to do what you want them to.

There are still other options to get people to do what you want
Original post by xylas
Interested to know your views. If you think something is more important, please explain how this can be achieved without money and whether or not money helps to achieve it.

Husband and kids, that's what will be important to me in the future. Happy family can be achieved with kindness and understanding. Money means nothing.
Morals, modesty, dedication and hard work; I can't think of a reason why someone would hate you if you mind your own business and don't look down upon others.
Reply 56
Original post by balanced
The question is why is money important? That will lead you to your answer

Everyone knows why money is very important. The question is whether it is the most important thing.

And you haven't justified money, your main argument is that it can get people to do things which means people have to have the skills to do what you want them to.

There are still other options to get people to do what you want

I don't think you understand. Money is the easiest and quickest and sometimes the only way to get what you want. That is why it is the most important.

I don't need to justify it any further. This thread is about reasons why something else might be more important which you have not been able to argue. First you mentioned family, then people in general and now "other options" which I am dying to know what you mean by that...

Original post by shazy2014
Husband and kids, that's what will be important to me in the future. Happy family can be achieved with kindness and understanding. Money means nothing.

Yeah cos we all know kids cost nothing... I'd love to hear how you've managed to live up to this point without money seeing as it 'means nothing'.

Original post by Najeed23
Morals, modesty, dedication and hard work; I can't think of a reason why someone would hate you if you mind your own business and don't look down upon others.

Is people not hating you the most important thing? Cos if it is, money can achieve that.
Money is the most important thing and I wanted to write this thread myself. It never lets you down unlike family, lovers, friends.
Original post by xylas
Interested to know your views. If you think something is more important, please explain how this can be achieved without money and whether or not money helps to achieve it.

Money is the most important thing in the world because you cant have Happiness without Freedom, and in this world the only way you get Freedom is with Money.
Original post by Nidhoggr
Money is the most important thing in the world because you cant have Happiness without Freedom, and in this world the only way you get Freedom is with Money.

**** yes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending