The Student Room Group

AQA Level 2 Further Maths 2016 (20th and 24th June) Thread

Hello to all doing the AQA Level 2 Qualification in Further Mathematics, Paper 1 of which is now 47 days away. How are we all revising?

Just to clarify, we will sit two papers- non-calculator (1hr 30m, 70 marks, 40%) and a calculator paper (2hrs, 105 marks, 60%).

Here is a link to the spec: http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-8360-W-SP.PDF
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Bump!
Original post by Kevin:)
Hello to all doing the AQA Level 2 Qualification in Further Mathematics, Paper 1 of which is now 47 days away. How are we all revising?

Just to clarify, we will sit two papers- non-calculator (1hr 30m, 70 marks, 40%) and a calculator paper (2hrs, 105 marks, 60%).

Here is a link to the spec: http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-8360-W-SP.PDF

Past Papers?
I'm doing this! Aiming for an A^ what about you?
And I'll just be revising the night before by working on topics I'm weak at and redoing some past papers as we've done them all.
I'm quite confident though, are you? :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by 1jonam16
Past Papers?

look on mr barton maths for those
Reply 5
Original post by NiamhM1801
I'm doing this! Aiming for an A^ what about you?
And I'll just be revising the night before by working on topics I'm weak at and redoing some past papers as we've done them all.
I'm quite confident though, are you? :smile:

I'm looking through youtube video guides on individual topics which are generally really helpful. After i've looked through those, I'll test myself on the topic in my CGP workbook. I'll be doing more past papers nearer the time and we've already done quite a few in school
look on mr barton maths for those

No i meant you can prepare for them using past papers.
yeah i have no hope for this exam, revision help anyone?
Reply 8
Original post by zacharyboi
yeah i have no hope for this exam, revision help anyone?

I'll just do loads of past papers. Did that for normal gcse maths and it went really easily.
Reply 9
I'll just do loads of past papers. Did that for normal gcse maths and it went really easily.

I did that for paper 1 further maths on Monday and it didnt go so well
Reply 10
Original post by r_k_s
I did that for paper 1 further maths on Monday and it didnt go so well

Yeah, I thought Paper 1 was a lot harder than the other past papers.Most of the people in my school doing further maths found it very difficult, with some only managing to answer a handful of questions. Thankfully, I think I fared a little better than those people.

I did look through past papers for paper 2 today (or, should i say, yesterday- it's half past midnight!) and that went a lot better. A lot of the fundamental concepts and methods will be repeated year on year, so to any future students looking at these threads, I'd highly recommend it.

An important note is that if you are in the position of having to cram past papers as you are near the exam (as I had to due to so many exams being one after another) you don't necessarily need to actually do the paper. Just look through the paper together with the answers (instead of the actual mark scheme, go on mr barton website where there are worked answers to all the papers and even videos for some) and make sure you understand how and why the method has been done and the answer subsequently calculated. I found this quite helpful in the exam.

I think overall it depends on the paper given at the end of the day but i found past papers really useful for getting a sense of the question style and the sorts of answers they want

But anyway, thats GCSEs over for me!!!
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest