The Student Room Group

RAMADAN 2016 Any muslims planning on secretly not fasting?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aeroline1999
I did know that Muslims eat a large meal at night, unlike you I educated myself before deciding what to believe. And thats kind of what I said I do and it isn't healthy! Breakfast (i.e. a meal when you wake up and stay up) is the most important meal of the day. You say the Koran "holds facts which scientists are discovering TODAY". Ok so, then I ask you:

Where are the talking hands, feet and eyes? [41:20]
did the Earth really exist before there were stars? [41:12]
Does the moon really emit light? [71:16] I thought it was the suns light reflecting on the moon? hmm must be wrong if a 1500 year old book says it!
What about elephants turning into chewed grass? [105:1] by stones dropped from birds [105:31]
or that men turned into apes [2:60]
or that dead people can be brought back to life with slices of beef [2:72-3]
or that the moon follows the sun [91:1-2]

You don't believe all that do you? Or if you don't believe its in the Koran you clearly haven't read it all, or you just choose to pick and choose bits as you please.

And all of this MUST be true since there are no mistakes in the Koran [4:82]

..... explain away that to me

Clearly, you're not obtaining all your information from the correct place. Because the ratio's you've given, link to completely different quotes.

The "talking hands and feet" links to the topic of The day of Judgement, which is a whole different topic.
The quote correctly, is, " Enter into it this day because you disbelieved. On that day We will set a seal upon their mouths, and their hands shall speak to Us, and their feet shall bear witness of what they earned. (36:63-65)"

This quote explains how all our wrong doings will be revealed in terms of the wrong we committed through our own actions. You've once again, misinterpreted the quote.

Secondly, the quote again is actually, "And He completed them as seven heavens within two days and inspired in each heaven its command. And We adorned the nearest heaven with lamps and as protection. That is the determination of the Exalted in Might, the Knowing."

Meaning, the earth was created within 7 days, as well as the heavens. the "lamps" obviously ferring to the stars. According to what you've interpreted, there is NOTHING said about the stars being created before the earth.

Moving on, the actual quote AGAIN, is, "And made the moon therein a [reflected] light and made the sun a burning lamp?"
This clearly states that the moon reflects the light from the Sun ... So you obviously obtained your information from somewhere other than the Quran itself.

The elephants were not turned into chewing grass>> " Have you not considered, [O Muhammad], how your Lord dealt with the companions of the elephant?"And He made them like eaten straw.
This quote clearly says that the COMPANIONS of the elephant, referring to the bad guys who at the time walked with them, were attacked by the flock of birds. Again, your interpretation is wrongly assumed.

As for the men turning into apes as you say, is no where mentioned in a Quraanic quote. The quote of the ratio you referred to is actually,
"And [recall] when Moses prayed for water for his people, so We said, "Strike with your staff the stone." And there gushed forth from it twelve springs, and every people knew its watering place. "Eat and drink from the provision of Allah, and do not commit abuse on the earth, spreading corruption." (60)"

NOTHING mentioned about dead people being bought back to life with beef. LOL, WHERE ARE YOU OBTAINING YOUR FAKE INFORMATION FROM.. PLEASE!
The quote for that ratio is actually, "And (remember) when you killed a man and fell into dispute among yourselves as to the crime. But Allah brought forth that which you were hiding." Nothing mentioned about beef there

Lastly, quote 91:1-2 is actually "By the sun and its radiance.And the moon as it follows it." Come on you got this quote wrong?!!! THE SUN COMES UP FIRST, THEN SETS, AND IS THEN FOLLOWED BY THE MOON!GOSH, Learn the authentic quotes before using them as evidence! MOST OF YOUR QUOTES were wrongly interpreted AND, Wrongly ratio'd.
I have more respect for someone who openly decides not to fast compared to someone who lies about it, shows how scared and pathetic some people are
Reply 142
Original post by Anonymous
I think you should be straight up. If you don't a at to fast, why pretend? Just tell your family you're not going to.

For me however, I would like to fast, but I have an issue where I am always on my period. Idek why but I see my doctor soon, been trying to rule out what's happening and to get it to stop (like every single day on my period can you imagine?) So I don't think I'd be able to fast. But I struggle with telling people about this. My family know of course (my dad just knows I have an issue not details haha) but i don't know how I should tell other people..

Are you sure, that's a bit scary how can you bleed all the time and still live
You can't prove religion with religion's propaganda! You are telling me with no proof whatsoever that these texts were written by god. I think you'll find it has pretty much been categorically proven we did evolve, and whilst the big bang is simply a theory, it has also been demonstrated as being highly likely through repeated mathematical proofs. Don't believe that we evolved from apes, how come we share 99% of our DNA with them then? And where are you getting 0 + 0 from?! Personally I'm more a fan of the multiverse theory, whose arguments I find very convincing. Why am I ignorant to say the bible and the Koran were not written by god. Fact check for you: the bible was not written by god and not even Christians believe that. It was written by monks around the 3rd century AD from a collection of other texts which were picked and chosen by these monks and formed the basis of the new testament. The old testament was written by the descendants of Moses (supposedly). So for a start the BIBLE was not and has never claimed to be written by god. Furthermore, the Koran followed a similar development, only it lies about its origins. You know what else the Koran claims is true? That there are talking hands and feat [24:24], that the moon emits light [71:16], that the moon follows the sun [91:1-2] and that the dead can be risen with slices of beef [18:86]. So I wouldn't trust everything you believe in Koranic story tales. But of course you believe all that don't you? After all there are no mistakes in the Koran [4:82].

Here's some proof for evolution, the big bang by the way:

http://evolutionfaq.com/articles/five-proofs-evolution

--> oh yeah, antibiotic resistance is a pretty massive demonstration of evolution, as explained in the link above.

http://www.schoolsobservatory.org.uk/astro/cosmos/bb_evid

Ah here it goes again.

Firstly, in the previous argument, I've quoted you the quotes both from the Quraan and the Bible itself, showing that the words are written from God himself.

Furthermore, I've also argued how ALL your quotes from the Quran, were wrongly interpreted and are not authentic at ALL.

Now, how can you speak for a number of Christians, by saying that NONE believe that the Bible is a word from the Lord?

Secondly, you don'r really think we evolved from APES?!
If we really did evolve from Apes, why are apes still around now?? Shouldn't they have all turned into Humans then? Or will that be in 5 years from now eh?

We should also ask, how could such a transition happen? The only way we know to acquire new genes is to alter existing genes through random mutation.
Evolution tales are pseudo-scientific stories about an imaginary history.
Clearly, you're not obtaining all your information from the correct place. Because the ratio's you've given, link to completely different quotes.

The "talking hands and feet" links to the topic of The day of Judgement, which is a whole different topic.
The quote correctly, is, " Enter into it this day because you disbelieved. On that day We will set a seal upon their mouths, and their hands shall speak to Us, and their feet shall bear witness of what they earned. (36:63-65)"

This quote explains how all our wrong doings will be revealed in terms of the wrong we committed through our own actions. You've once again, misinterpreted the quote.

Secondly, the quote again is actually, "And He completed them as seven heavens within two days and inspired in each heaven its command. And We adorned the nearest heaven with lamps and as protection. That is the determination of the Exalted in Might, the Knowing."

Meaning, the earth was created within 7 days, as well as the heavens. the "lamps" obviously ferring to the stars. According to what you've interpreted, there is NOTHING said about the stars being created before the earth.

Moving on, the actual quote AGAIN, is, "And made the moon therein a [reflected] light and made the sun a burning lamp?"
This clearly states that the moon reflects the light from the Sun ... So you obviously obtained your information from somewhere other than the Quran itself.

The elephants were not turned into chewing grass>> " Have you not considered, [O Muhammad], how your Lord dealt with the companions of the elephant?"And He made them like eaten straw.
This quote clearly says that the COMPANIONS of the elephant, referring to the bad guys who at the time walked with them, were attacked by the flock of birds. Again, your interpretation is wrongly assumed.

As for the men turning into apes as you say, is no where mentioned in a Quraanic quote. The quote of the ratio you referred to is actually,
"And [recall] when Moses prayed for water for his people, so We said, "Strike with your staff the stone." And there gushed forth from it twelve springs, and every people knew its watering place. "Eat and drink from the provision of Allah, and do not commit abuse on the earth, spreading corruption." (60)"

NOTHING mentioned about dead people being bought back to life with beef. LOL, WHERE ARE YOU OBTAINING YOUR FAKE INFORMATION FROM.. PLEASE!
The quote for that ratio is actually, "And (remember) when you killed a man and fell into dispute among yourselves as to the crime. But Allah brought forth that which you were hiding." Nothing mentioned about beef there

Lastly, quote 91:1-2 is actually "By the sun and its radiance.And the moon as it follows it." Come on you got this quote wrong?!!! THE SUN COMES UP FIRST, THEN SETS, AND IS THEN FOLLOWED BY THE MOON!GOSH, Learn the authentic quotes before using them as evidence! MOST OF YOUR QUOTES were wrongly interpreted AND, Wrongly ratio'd.

Well I may have typed some of the quotes wrong, but I'll be fair, my copy of the Koran is an English translation published by penguin classics. Could be they have formatted it differently, but I don't speak arabic so I couldn't exactly go and read the Koran in its arabic form could I? Its a very interesting work of fiction.

Regardless, the Koran is highly inaccurate in itself, and is simply a work of fiction created by tyrannical ancient rulers. It should be treated like how we treat ancient Roman and Greek myths, as entertaining but fictitious works of literature. Actually, now that I mention it, quite a lot of the Koran and the Bible is just copied from ancient Greek myths. The comparisons are fascinating.
For the first time I might this year. Can't think of anything more egocentric and celebrative of the poor than Ramadan.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well I may have typed some of the quotes wrong, but I'll be fair, my copy of the Koran is an English translation published by penguin classics. Could be they have formatted it differently, but I don't speak arabic so I couldn't exactly go and read the Koran in its arabic form could I? Its a very interesting work of fiction.

Regardless, the Koran is highly inaccurate in itself, and is simply a work of fiction created by tyrannical ancient rulers. It should be treated like how we treat ancient Roman and Greek myths, as entertaining but fictitious works of literature. Actually, now that I mention it, quite a lot of the Koran and the Bible is just copied from ancient Greek myths. The comparisons are fascinating.

Your quotes and sources are completely inaccurate and wrong.
If you were to read the translation of the Quran, there are a number of authentic books from knowledgeable authors out there. Nevertheless, "The Noble Quran" is online, and is 100% authentic at its translations.

Here we go again with "word of fiction" if you choose to not believe in a God, then so be it. Just don't go bashing the beliefs of people who do, and go your own way.

Lastly, Atheism as a whole is a false ideology. Come on, who believes in the evolution of APES, or the BIG BANG?
Atleast the belief of a religion has some sort of explanation, whereas atheism has a background of NO evidence, NO explanation and that doesn't do it any justice.
Reply 147
I was born into a muslim family, wouldn't consider myself a practicing Muslim at all. Last Ramadan i didn't fast i secretly ate when no one was around and i'm planning to do the same this year too as Ramadan approaches in a few weeks time. What are your thoughts on this? Do any fellow 'muslims' do this too? I know it's bad but i really don't see the point in fasting if i don't even practice the religion...? If you're a non muslims what are your thoughts on my decision? Just curious :smile:

There are about 200,000,000,000 galaxies in the Universe, each containing about 100,000,000,000 stars - most of them also have planets.

God is busy elsewhere and doesn't care whether you fast or not.
(edited 7 years ago)
Ah here it goes again.

Firstly, in the previous argument, I've quoted you the quotes both from the Quraan and the Bible itself, showing that the words are written from God himself.

Furthermore, I've also argued how ALL your quotes from the Quran, were wrongly interpreted and are not authentic at ALL.

Now, how can you speak for a number of Christians, by saying that NONE believe that the Bible is a word from the Lord?

Secondly, you don'r really think we evolved from APES?!
If we really did evolve from Apes, why are apes still around now?? Shouldn't they have all turned into Humans then? Or will that be in 5 years from now eh?

We should also ask, how could such a transition happen? The only way we know to acquire new genes is to alter existing genes through random mutation.
Evolution tales are pseudo-scientific stories about an imaginary history.

I'm not speaking for Christians, this is what they say. This is what happened. Christians have never claimed the bible was written by god. Simply the new testament was a collection of accounts of Jesus' life and his teachings made by followers of Jesus and 300 years after his death were collated with many accounts not included.

Why do you not believe in evolution?! Antibacterial resistance categorically proves and demonstrates the process of evolution, I mean I couldn't spell it out anymore!!!!!!!!! And Apes are the descendants of the early shared ancestral apes primates have evolved from. Saying we evolved from apes is, I admit a gross oversimplification. Apes are a more developed version of these earlier "apes" as are we. The "apes" we evolved from are simply a shared ancestral cousin. And yes, it happens though mutation of genes which is passed on though generations assuming it is beneficial for that species or does not hinder the survival of that species.

Let me ask you this? Do you believe in antibacterial resistance? Do you believe in mutation of DNA? Do you believe children inherit the characteristics of their parents (i.e. their DNA)?

If yes to all these, you must therefore believe in evolution. If no then you are simply blind to the truth and nobody can help you, because they are so visible it would be like denying the sky is blue, or the earth is round.

I never quite realised that religious people could be so ignorant. It is quite literally impossible for you to deny evolution in the modern world and still describe yourself as sane.

So if you don't believe in evolution, what other aspects of science don't you believe in?

Do you think computers work by "magic"?
Do you think global warming is a myth?
How about we change tack. You convince me evolution is not how humans came to be.
Reply 149

Lastly, Atheism as a whole is a false ideology. Come on, who believes in the evolution of APES, or the BIG BANG?
Atleast the belief of a religion has some sort of explanation, whereas atheism has a background of NO evidence, NO explanation and that doesn't do it any justice.

You're so sure of the bullcrap you're saying that you need to be anonymous.

What are you afraid of? Assume your beliefs.
I'm not speaking for Christians, this is what they say. This is what happened. Christians have never claimed the bible was written by god. Simply the new testament was a collection of accounts of Jesus' life and his teachings made by followers of Jesus and 300 years after his death were collated with many accounts not included.

Why do you not believe in evolution?! Antibacterial resistance categorically proves and demonstrates the process of evolution, I mean I couldn't spell it out anymore!!!!!!!!! And Apes are the descendants of the early shared ancestral apes primates have evolved from. Saying we evolved from apes is, I admit a gross oversimplification. Apes are a more developed version of these earlier "apes" as are we. The "apes" we evolved from are simply a shared ancestral cousin. And yes, it happens though mutation of genes which is passed on though generations assuming it is beneficial for that species or does not hinder the survival of that species.

Let me ask you this? Do you believe in antibacterial resistance? Do you believe in mutation of DNA? Do you believe children inherit the characteristics of their parents (i.e. their DNA)?

If yes to all these, you must therefore believe in evolution. If no then you are simply blind to the truth and nobody can help you, because they are so visible it would be like denying the sky is blue, or the earth is round.

I never quite realised that religious people could be so ignorant. It is quite literally impossible for you to deny evolution in the modern world and still describe yourself as sane.

So if you don't believe in evolution, what other aspects of science don't you believe in?

How about we change tack. You convince me evolution is not how humans came to be.

You cannot simply say you were evolved from a monkey specie!

First off, there is no scientific evidence that a species can change the number of chromosomes within the DNA. The chromosome count within each species is fixed. This is the reason a male from one species cannot mate successfully with a female of another species. Man could not evolve from a monkey. Each species is locked into its chromosome count that cannot change. If an animal developed an extra chromosome or lost a chromosome because of some deformity, it could not successfully mate. The defect could not be passed along to the next generation. Evolving a new species is scientifically impossible.

Yes I believe children iherit their characteristics of their parents, because this is what RELIGION has also taught.
Quran:
The first verse of this chapter is the 46th verse form the beginning of the Holy Quran that contains the word "Human being"
Number 46 is equal to human chromosome number. As stated in the line, "Indeed, We created man from a sperm-drop mixture that We may try him; and We made him hearing and seeing."

Computers, Global warming are both man causes/ man made!

JUST LIKE ATHEISM
How were we created fully?
Who was the first person on earth?
So this table in front of me, how am I so sure it didn't come with the big bang?
Or do I believe it's man made??

I clicked on that first link and already I wasn't surprised. The genetic code is a government conspiracy. Our dna is not made from just 4 bases. There's actually no evidence of DNA molecules existing. I mean do you really think letters A T C G are written on a couple loose strings inside our cells? How does the body know what even are letters? Don't believe everything the government (ie. Illumanati) say mate.
Original post by Josb
There are about 200,000,000,000 galaxies in the Universe, each containing about 100,000,000,000 stars - most of them also have planets.

God is busy elsewhere and doesn't care whether you fast or not.

That would be a better argument for someone who believes in a God with Godly characteristics reaching a limit. :smile:
Reply 153
Original post by champ_mc99
That would be a better argument for someone who believes in a God with Godly characteristics reaching a limit. :smile:

What's the point of ordering people on a single planet to fast when you have already created billions of trillions of worlds?

First off, there is no scientific evidence that a species can change the number of chromosomes within the DNA. The chromosome count within each species is fixed. This is the reason a male from one species cannot mate successfully with a female of another species. Man could not evolve from a monkey. Each species is locked into its chromosome count that cannot change. If an animal developed an extra chromosome or lost a chromosome because of some deformity, it could not successfully mate. The defect could not be passed along to the next generation. Evolving a new species is scientifically impossible.

Yes I believe children iherit their characteristics of their parents, because this is what RELIGION has also taught.
Quran:
The first verse of this chapter is the 46th verse form the beginning of the Holy Quran that contains the word "Human being"
Number 46 is equal to human chromosome number. As stated in the line, "Indeed, We created man from a sperm-drop mixture that We may try him; and We made him hearing and seeing."

JUST LIKE ATHEISM
So this table in front of me, how am I so sure it didn't come with the big bang?

Everything you said i highlighted in bold is just blatantly wrong! How old are you by the way? I'm guessing you live in Britain somewhere? What town/ city? Just out of interest.

1) Chromosomes are made from DNA, chromosomes are not "wishin the DNA"
2) Chromosome count is not fixed for each species. Humans often have an extra chromosome. This is basic GCSE Biology Huntington's disease is caused by a single extra chromosome
3) Man did evolve from the common ancestor of monkeys, humans, apes etc.
4) Animals can successfully mate with an extra chromosome and pass the condition on since people with Huntington's disease can have children and that is how the condition can be passed on (hence why it is called a genetic disease).
5) Evolving into new species is possible. Do I need to say it again? ANTIBIOTIC RESISTANCE ANTIBIOTIC RESISTANCE ANTIBIOTIC RESISTANCE.

ANTIBIOTIC RESISTANCE IS CAUSED BY EVOLUTION. And is much faster because of the fast reproduction rate of bacteria.

Here's another example of evolution:

Selective Breeding. You know where humans decide favourable characteristics for animals and breed animals with other animals of desirable characteristics to make animals with both desirable characters.

Do you really think, pigs, cows, sheep, chickens all are natural existing animals, they only exist because humans bred them using evolution.

Believing in god is one thing, but rejection evolution, when the evidence is staring you point black in the face. I just don't know what else to say. Its right there. In front of you. Look. Just go ahead and look.
I clicked on that first link and already I wasn't surprised. The genetic code is a government conspiracy. Our dna is not made from just 4 bases. There's actually no evidence of DNA molecules existing. I mean do you really think letters A T C G are written on a couple loose strings inside our cells? How does the body know what even are letters? Don't believe everything the government (ie. Illumanati) say mate.

You realise we just use the letter to represent different amino acids. you do realise that right. DNA isn't made up of ATCG!

Clearly you failed you GCSE Biology exam
Fastings hard but when it comes to iftar you feel a certain sense of accomplishment and unity as you break your fast with friends/family.

Quran:

JUST LIKE ATHEISM

Original post by Josb
You're so sure of the bullcrap you're saying that you need to be anonymous.

What are you afraid of? Assume your beliefs.

Your quotes and sources are completely inaccurate and wrong.
If you were to read the translation of the Quran, there are a number of authentic books from knowledgeable authors out there. Nevertheless, "The Noble Quran" is online, and is 100% authentic at its translations.

Here we go again with "word of fiction" if you choose to not believe in a God, then so be it. Just don't go bashing the beliefs of people who do, and go your own way.

Honestly, I shouldn't be so surprised at all these statements. It is a forum on religion after all so of course it was going to be full of a bunch a uneducated religious fanatics who blatantly ignore all the proof given to them again and again and again. I mean, when people start quoting religious texts, I mean, f*** me! That's when you know your speaking to a nutter! All of you are just so fixated on your own uneducated judgements it is unbelievable.

The proof is just so blatantly obvious!!!

I mean I've said it before a million times, but ANTIBIOTIC RESISTANCE is 100% pure evidence for the process of evolution. 100% pure and simple. As is selective breeding. The fact someone thinks DNA is made of letters! HA! That has to be a troll. Like this whole forum must be. I don't believe any sane person thinks that. I refuse. I thought this was 2016, not 1500!
You realise we just use the letter to represent different amino acids. you do realise that right. DNA isn't made up of ATCG!

Clearly you failed you GCSE Biology exam

Of course it isn't as theres no such thing as DNA. You're being condesending. I got an E which is a pass so there.
Original post by Josb
What's the point of ordering people on a single planet to fast when you have already created billions of trillions of worlds?

I don't really see the point in this argument no offense.
Btw. I actually don't know what the Quran/Bible/Torah say about aliens.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending