The Student Room Group

Do you have to tell your partner your sexual history?

Scroll to see replies

You dont need to unless she asks
Reply 21
I read the title as: 'do you have to tell your PARENTS your sexual history?'

So awkward. Had to read it 10 times before i realised.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Some of the replies on here are interesting and I think it just goes to show different people have different opinions...

I would say, yes. But the reason I would say yes is because I would ALWAYS ask my partner so I'm assuming they'd ask me. Now, if you'd never ask your partner then they may never ask you, in that sense no you don't have to tell your partner your sexual history.

I just find it hard to imagine that two people are together but they've never discussed their sexual history. However, who really knows what goes on behind closed doors and what people really say or do.

I would want to know how many people they have slept with and what they have done, just so I know I guess. If they didn't want to say - I'd find it v suspicious...
What is a "shady" sexual history? Unless you've been having sex with minors or raping people what makes a sex life shady?

I don't think your sexual history needs to be disclosed at all unless you have a STI because that will directly affect your current/new partner. Aside from that it's no ones business
"I've averaged one new sex partner per year for as long as I've been actively dating; to the best of my knowledge, I've a clean bill of health, although I'll understand if you'd rather not take that at face-value before we dispense with the Durex. Everything else, you can find out the hard way."

Unless one moves in exceptionally transgressive circles ("Yeah, I've done AIDS play; haven't we all?) or is a staunch moral conservative, I personally don't fathom this frankly prurient obsession with relationship histories; if you're that sceptical, you might as well just insist on a full CRB check whilst you're at it, because make no mistake: there are infinitely more damning possibilities for disclosure than having been 'moderately more promiscuous than average during the 2013-2014 fiscal calendar'.
Original post by Profesh
"I've averaged one new sex partner per year for as long as I've been actively dating; to the best of my knowledge, I've a clean bill of health, although I'll understand if you'd rather not take that at face-value before we dispense with the Durex. Everything else, you can find out the hard way."

Unless one moves in exceptionally transgressive circles ("Yeah, I've done AIDS play; haven't we all?) or is a staunch moral conservative, I personally don't fathom this frankly prurient obsession with relationship histories; if you're that sceptical, you might as well just insist on a full CRB check whilst you're at it, because make no mistake: there are infinitely more damning possibilities for disclosure than having been 'moderately more promiscuous than average during the 2013-2014 fiscal calendar'.

Lmao you're perfect
Original post by Nidhoggr
Just lie and downplay.

Everyone does it.

Spoiler

Someone paying for sex as regularly as you do would put me off more than dating an actual prostitute
Original post by LimpBizkitFan
So I have a shady sexual history, just got into an arguement with someone on another forum that if you don't tell them all of your sexual history, you're a manipulative, selfish guy who can't get a girl without lying.

Dunno how true this is, I swear most people in couples don't tell all.

whoever told you that is insecure as hell- and I think before they enter a relationship they should sort out their own insecurities.

If I was in a relationship, and my partner demanded to say all my sexual history, I will feel a little weird. I don't think sexual history is the main concern, but keeping clean is. Make sure that they are disease free.
Original post by MelissaJuniper
Lmao you're perfect

You think? I guess my sexual history isn't that well hidden after all.
Original post by Profesh

Good post. Substance and style.

Though I'd say other than the reasons you mentioned it's important to know your partner's sexual history to gauge their potential proclivity to infidelity.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MelissaJuniper
Someone paying for sex as regularly as you do would put me off more than dating an actual prostitute

But then you see my bank balance and your panties would come off quicker than you could say:

Why didnt you say you were so "well endowed"?

:lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm going to guess pretty much everyone has a biased answer to this - Those who are saying "yes" probably have a relatively clean history and/or hope their partner will have the same, and those who are saying "no" probably have a darker history of their own that they don't want to share.
Good post. Substance and style.

Though I'd say other than the reasons you mentioned it's important to know your partner's sexual history to gauge their potential proclivity to infidelity.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Whilst there almost certainly does exist a statistical positive correlation between promiscuity and propensity to cheat—if only inasmuch as visible promiscuity is already a socially transgressive behaviour implying a lack of self-restraint overall—you'd probably find that pathological narcissism or chronic low self-esteem are both at least as predictive in that regard; while, conversely, the most confident 'promiscuous' women are also among the most loyal, since they possess autonomy enough that their motives are consistently informed by introspection, compassion and ethics rather than cognitive dissonance, obfuscation and self-loathing.

Consequently, I prefer a more holistic mode of analysis: which is to say, I date women, and trust that my expertly-calibrated insight into the human psyche will more reliably expose any underlying defects than any crude stereotype built on self-reported data.

Of course, the occasional narcissist is inevitable—but they'd only have lied to you, anyway.
Reply 33
Yes, you need to have a meeting at some point where you show clear documentation of each sexual encounter - including date, time and which hole/s were involved.
Original post by thatgr
why does it matter, does the fact you have put your genitals in another persons genitals affect anything other than maybe making them jealous, you shouldn't have to say if you dont want to

This person on the internet said ypu have to tell her all the dealbreakers like prostitutes, etc.
@Profesh

I'm sorry but I can't understand you.
Reply 36
You certainly have no obligation to, but if they ask I see no reason to be dishonest. The issue is that I don't remember all of mine specifically, so would have to provide the best approximation I could.

I wouldn't want to be with someone who I couldn't be honest with.
Reply 37
Also, I'm pretty sure that by 'shady' he means hookers.
Original post by bob5124
Also, I'm pretty sure that by 'shady' he means hookers.

Ditto, I've promised to myself never to have coitus with another one again.
But then you see my bank balance and your panties would come off quicker than you could say:

Why didnt you say you were so "well endowed"?

:lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah. I'm pretty well off myself lmao. Men paying for sex like that is creepy. What's worse is you're not even some old middle aged men you're a young student/grad given that you're on TSR.
I get the one or two times in Thailand or Amsterdam with the lads but you....😳

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending