The Student Room Group

Yet another "path to 4 A's" Blog

Sorry guys, I know this forum is flooded with these kinda blogs already but hey, why not jump on the bandwagon.

Kids. I actually need to buckle up and start revising, there's a month and 4 days (I'm not working that out) until my first exam.

Help.

My current grades are:

Maths: C/B
History: B (so close to an A though)
Biology: B/A
Chemistry: C (Chem is my worst my subject so much so I was asked to drop it - I refused though)

So I'm hopefully gonna be updating how much revision I'm doing just because I think writing it all down shows me how much/how little revision I'm doing each day and either feel accomplished or feel shitty about myself.

My motivations are:

- really wanna get into medicine and it will make my life 10 times harder if I don't get 4 A's especially in chemistry

- my tutor pitted me against my friend and said "I bet he's working way harder than you are and he's gonna get better grades than you" That was unacceptable -.- we are BOTH getting 4 A's (Cuz he's still my friend lol and I know how hard he works for good grades)

Back to chemistry revision now.

:weep:

As you can probably tell by now, I hate chemistry. Bleh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

You should've put my name as your title instead :u:
Good luck
Reply 2
Original post by RoadtoSuccess
You should've put my name as your title instead :u:
Good luck

Lol - why'd you name yourself that in the first place?

Thanks! Will need it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nomophobia
Lol - why'd you name yourself that in the first place?

Thanks! Will need it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why'd you put nomophobia?
And no problem
Reply 4
Good Luck. I'm sure you'll do great! x :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by RoadtoSuccess
Why'd you put nomophobia?
And no problem

Good question. I however, do not know if you're being sarcastic or actually want to know.

And I'm surprised you noticed my username, I usually never look at usernames.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by BonjourMi
Good Luck. I'm sure you'll do great! x :smile:

Thanks! Good luck in your exams too, if you have any!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Thanks! Good luck in your exams too, if you have any!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sadly I do. I know I shouldn't be complaining cause Year11 must be a whole lot worse. But I get test after test. I have one next Thursday which I'm dreading. Ahhhhh. x
Reply 8
Original post by BonjourMi
Sadly I do. I know I shouldn't be complaining cause Year11 must be a whole lot worse. But I get test after test. I have one next Thursday which I'm dreading. Ahhhhh. x

Wut. You're stressed out and you're not even in year 11? What is this? Which year are you in? Man, times have changed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
UPDATE FOR 14/04/16

I did not get as much done as I would've liked - I had about 4 hours of history easter school, then did some chemistry topics - I was hoping to finish the whole syllabus but I didn't....i still have about 8 topics left to do :frown: but then I had to finish for the night to do some chores so I don't end up going to sleep ridiculously late again.

Tomorrow will be a better day though :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
UPDATE FOR 15/04/16

I am aware this is a day late :oops:

And the worst thing is I'm not entirely sure what I did yesterday - I did most of a D1 paper and gave up on the last question, did some chem and history notes and that's pretty much it

Posted from TSR Mobile
To do list for today:

- Complete and mark both D1 papers
- Complete flashcards on Genetic diversity
- Complete flashcards for Basic Concepts and Alkenes
- Make notes on India

Posted from TSR Mobile
UPDATE FOR 16/04/16

I did manage to complete and mark both D1 papers which makes me feel so accomplished because I'd been avoiding those for a long time.

I didn't do anything else though :whoops:

Posted from TSR Mobile
UPDATE FOR 17/04/16

Yet again, a day late. I suck at this, you guys.

I spent most of yesterday with this thought in my head "i just wanna finish the fricking booklet"

So I did. I finished my flashcards on all of genic diversity :woo: I'm so proud of myself because bio takes absolutely forever to do. Then I was tired, so I just marked my C1 and C2 papers - I got a C in my C2 :frown:

For all of this week, I've got to shadow a GP so I highly doubt I'm gonna get much work done.

Posted from TSR Mobile
UPDATE FOR 18/04/16

I no longer care about being a day late *sigh*

Yesterday and for all of this week, I've got a GP placement to do so I won't be able to get much work done but I did do 2 chem past papers, did some multiple choice questions, made revision cards for REDOX and Egypt and the Sudan for History.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Today's to do list:

To be honest, it depends on what time I finish this placement, I'm still waiting in the waiting room and have been for half an hour (i even have flashcards in my purse but all these kids are seriously annoying me >.<)

But hopefully, I'll some revision cards on Alkanes and Alkenes as well as half the Cells booklet for Biology, and India's administration and defence for History.

I have been neglecting Maths and History quite a bit but I'm not sure how I should combat it because revising is a new concept to me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The last few days have been awful, if I'm being completely honest, my first exam is in 4 weeks' time and its my History exam and I've done barely anything for it...ugh.

And I go back to school on Monday and I haven't reached my aims and I'm just feeling so demoralised and shitty and just...ugh.
It's been a while since I updated this...

Let's just say it's not going well, did the C1 and British Empire exam yesterday and I'm pretty sure I've only gotten Bs in both... *sigh*

I've got my Cold War exam, C, Biology and chemistry exams next week so I need to cram for EVERYTHING.

tonight's plan:

- finish off C2 paper I started in college
- loads of moles questions for chemistry
- finish off chemistry notes

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's been a while since I updated this...

Let's just say it's not going well, did the C1 and British Empire exam yesterday and I'm pretty sure I've only gotten Bs in both... *sigh*

I've got my Cold War exam, C, Biology and chemistry exams next week so I need to cram for EVERYTHING.

tonight's plan:

- finish off C2 paper I started in college
- loads of moles questions for chemistry
- finish off chemistry notes

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just had a read of this blog, good luck. How are you getting on with it today and is this your A2 studies?
Original post by somethingbeautiful
Just had a read of this blog, good luck. How are you getting on with it today and is this your A2 studies?

Thanks!

It's going ok, I'm just memorising everything now, really. And no, I'm doing AS - are you doing A2?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest