The Student Room Group

AQA Certificate (iGCSE) in English Literature - Monday 23rd May 2016 [OFFICIAL] Threa

iGCSE AQA Level 1/2 Certificate in English Literature - Monday 23rd May 2016

Assessment
60% Paper One
40% Coursework

Time: 1 Hour and 30 Minutes
Marks: 75

Unseen Poetry: 35 Marks
Studied Text: 40 Marks
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Finally found someone doing the same iGCSE as me!
Reply 2
Is anyone doing Romeo and Juliet as the set text? What sort of stuff are you revising?
Original post by Kevin:)
Is anyone doing Romeo and Juliet as the set text? What sort of stuff are you revising?

I'm doing Romeo & Juliet as the set text too!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
I have Curious Incident :frown:

Original post by Melissa.J.Parkes
I'm doing Romeo & Juliet as the set text too!

Finally someone doing the same text as me :smile: Aren't the grade boundaries really low? Like because of my CW I think I only need a 46 on the exam, which should be fairly straightforward..do you guys have any notes or anything btw?
Reply 6
anyone got any notes for a view from the bridhe
Reply 7
Original post by 1jonam16
Finally someone doing the same text as me :smile: Aren't the grade boundaries really low? Like because of my CW I think I only need a 46 on the exam, which should be fairly straightforward..do you guys have any notes or anything btw?

For notes, I'm just trying to go through one of the play adaptations on youtube and annotating my book as I go along to try and get a better understanding of the play. this is in addition to going back over my class notes and a text guide I bought (York Notes)

I'm doing Romeo and Juliet too!
Anyone doing 'A View From The Bridge'?:h:
- any feelings/thoughts on what the question might be about?
Reply 10
Original post by marie_290
Anyone doing 'A View From The Bridge'?:h:
- any feelings/thoughts on what the question might be about?

Beatrice has never come up
Original post by a987
Beatrice has never come up

True, I think Beatrice is a possibility or a theme related question on the american dream or 'Paper Doll' maybe?
Original post by marie_290
True, I think Beatrice is a possibility or a theme related question on the american dream or 'Paper Doll' maybe?

Yeah I'm doing a view from the bridge too, I took a look at the past questions they've asked:

January 2013: "How does miller present ideas about 'settling for half' in the play (THEME) / Alfieri (CHARACTER)
June 2013: Law and Justice (THEME) / Marco (CHARACTER)
June 2014: Reputation (THEME) / Catherine (CHARACTER)
June 2015: "Significance of settings" (THEME) / Rodolpho (CHARACTER)

So based on those, the themes and characters that have yet to come up are: Woman's Roles, Masculinity, Hopes and Ambitions, Beatrice or Eddie (unlikely).

So my predictions would probably be Beatrice or Alfieri for this year, with the theme possibly being to do with woman's roles or hopes and ambitions. Don't expect those though, they're just my guesses! Anyone else have any ideas?
What is everyone revising for the set text question on Romeo and Juliet?
Anyone doing Never Let Me Go?
What do you guys reckon will come up for Romeo and Juliet?

I swear like most of the main themes of the play have already shown up :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by history fanatic
What do you guys reckon will come up for Romeo and Juliet?

I swear like most of the main themes of the play have already shown up :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

No clue tbh, what have ur teachers said?
I'm doing Romeo and Juliet, my teacher has told me that one of the themes that hasn't come up yet is Death. There was only one other but I can't remember what it was :/
Original post by Paul Atreides
Anyone doing Never Let Me Go?

Finally found someone doing the same book as me, how do you feel about it?
Hey does anyone know how much I should write for each section? I want to get an A in this exam :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending