The Student Room Group

OCR 21st Century Science Physics P123 [25th May 2016]

There hasnt been one made so i decided to make one
predictions on what will come up? notes and tips? leave them here thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I imagine lots of data analysis as it was with Bio and Chem, ill ask my teachers for some predictions
Reply 2
Original post by ruexs1
I imagine lots of data analysis as it was with Bio and Chem, ill ask my teachers for some predictions

update me when u get responses
also have u got any p123 notes
Does anyone know what the 6 mark questions were on last year??
Reply 4
Original post by amber2212
Does anyone know what the 6 mark questions were on last year??

ive attached them belowww
does anyone have any notes?
Reply 5
Do you have the markscheme for that paper - the **** is the answer for tau centauri
Reply 6
Original post by Jakir
Do you have the markscheme for that paper - the **** is the answer for tau centauri

All i know on that one if you draw a correct diagram you get 3/4 marks already
does anyone have any predictions of what is going to come up? if you do that would be really helpful, if not then don't worry
Original post by Jakir

You can draw a diagram of a star (solar) system with a star and at least 5 planets, giving you 4 (or 5 idk) marks already. Then you have to talk about the formation of a star system: cloud of dust compresses, nuclear fusion in the centre forms a star, planets form on the outside as dust clumps together. I did that in my mock exam and i got 6/6.
Hi,

Just wanted to drop this in here in case it made anyone feel a little better:
The grade boundaries have been dropping each year, in 2015 it was 40 for an A* (about 60%).
This is enough to get no marks on every six mark question and still come out with a perfect grade, so there's nothing to worry about if you struggle on a few :-)
any proper prediction?? the exam is in just over an hour good luck everyone!!
Good luck to everyone taking the exam not long to go!!!
Reply 12
Mixed feelings towards that
Did anyone else find it really hard? There was something about inverse proportion which is a B/A grade math question (certainly hasn't been taught to us in physics) and it just seemed to get harder from there
Original post by SunsetDreamer
Did anyone else find it really hard? There was something about inverse proportion which is a B/A grade math question (certainly hasn't been taught to us in physics) and it just seemed to get harder from there

I found that question odd too, I managed to get an answer without using the inverse proportion maths part and I got the same answer as someone who did use the maths part
that exam was more maths than it was physics i wanna burn ocr
Reply 16
Question 1 was geology, we hadn't learnt about the formation of sedimentary rocks or revised it in physics, and the parallax question was like P7! In P1 it's supposed to be qualitative only, there shouldn't be parallax calculations. I found the whole thing difficult.
Well that was brutal
That was my worst exam so far! I was starting to trust OCR with reasonable C123 and B123 exams this year, but nope... Most of my answers were guesswork :s-smilie:
Reply 19
That was horrendous, the parallax angle question provided you with formula so people wasn't completely in the dark, but honestly that was the worst paper I've done so far along with spanish.

Quick Reply

Latest