The Student Room Group

OCR A 2016 Chemistry A* A-Level Resources

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tcameron
Do I still have a chance of an A* overall if I got an A at AS but a low B in my A2 practicals but I get an A* in the exams?

Yes, if you had the lowest B possible then you'd need 95% in the exams
Original post by thad33
Yes, if you had the lowest B possible then you'd need 95% in the exams

Damn probably won't happen then :frown:
Reply 323
guys i had a super low B last year in chem ;( dw what happened anyway im retaking unit 1 next week hopefully itll boost my ums, could I still get an A if i do well in a2? i nedd the A! 😢

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ranz
guys i had a super low B last year in chem ;( dw what happened anyway im retaking unit 1 next week hopefully itll boost my ums, could I still get an A if i do well in a2? i nedd the A! 😢

Posted from TSR Mobile

You just need 480 overall. You really need to ace these exams but it's possible. Technically you can get the lowest C possible at AS and get an A* overall (300/300 at A2).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, please can you post working links for F321 standard answers, please? Also, the definitions for F321 and F322 if you have them please?
Thanks so much, really appreciative these resources and the physics ones especially with new AS exams next week!
Reply 326
Original post by thad33
You just need 480 overall. You really need to ace these exams but it's possible. Technically you can get the lowest C possible at AS and get an A* overall (300/300 at A2).

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh i seee well damn, i need to work hard, currently have 210 ums so id need 270 ums in a2 but hopefully will do better in unit 1 retake to boost my as.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ranz
oh i seee well damn, i need to work hard, currently have 210 ums so id need 270 ums in a2 but hopefully will do better in unit 1 retake to boost my as.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You not doing unit 2 ranz?
Reply 328
Original post by William1771
You not doing unit 2 ranz?

noo.. i wish i was retaking it, but theres so much detail u need to know and u thought there was no point wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ranz
noo.. i wish i was retaking it, but theres so much detail u need to know and u thought there was no point wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah want to get slightly higher in it, what you get last year in it?
Reply 330
Original post by William1771
Yeah want to get slightly higher in it, what you get last year in it?

i got a c :frown: got a b overall in chem barely though, ill be honest last yr i didnt look at the spec at all, i missed out soo many details in the paper wbu?
Is it possible to cram in F322 within 2 weeks? And 4 for F325?
Reply 332
if uve done unit 2 beofre that i guess, but unit 5 requires some dedication! START now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 333
yh thats the main reason i decided to to retake unit 2 quite a lot of theory i just cbaa!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know where I can find the OCR Chemistry June 2015 F321 and F322 question papers? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 335
thats soo stupid exams are in like 3 days like whos doing mocks,

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chanda01
Is it possible to cram in F322 within 2 weeks? And 4 for F325?

You can cram F325 in 4 weeks assuming you've already learned the content and understood it in class. F322 isn't much lower in difficulty than A2 so 2 weeks might be pushing it.
You can only try really, just don't waste time
I remember the green stuff ! Absolute pain hahaha.
Reply 338
Please could you send the link for f321 as it cannot access it through the link above. Your notes have been a great hand thanks you so much it would be really appreciated

Quick Reply

Latest