The Student Room Group

Economics unit 2 edexcel on Monday 23d 2016 new spec. I have one short question......

I did the unit 1 exam today and it went horrible. I was wondering if anyone knew if unit 2 is going to be as hard and what do you think are the topics which could come up even though i know its like almost impossible to guess because it is the new spec.
Lol nobody knows how hard its gonna be m8, but considering the absolute f*ckery that was theme 1, dont expect a walk in the park
Reply 2
Original post by The Awakening
Lol nobody knows how hard its gonna be m8, but considering the absolute f*ckery that was theme 1, dont expect a walk in the park

yhh the 15 marker really confused me, and for the calculation (the 4 marker)
i put 2 answers is this allowed because in maths it is but this is eco and i dont know if i will get the marks
I really hope unit 2 isn't that bad, I spent so long on unit 1 I feel really under prepared for unit 2
Original post by Laura887
yhh the 15 marker really confused me, and for the calculation (the 4 marker)
i put 2 answers is this allowed because in maths it is but this is eco and i dont know if i will get the marks

If you did the method correctly you'd get some marks for the methods but you'd definitely lose a mark because your supposed to give only 1 answer, in maths 2 answers are only allowed when dealing with quadratics, inequalities, simultaneous equations etc this is different
Reply 5
If you did the method correctly you'd get some marks for the methods but you'd definitely lose a mark because your supposed to give only 1 answer, in maths 2 answers are only allowed when dealing with quadratics, inequalities, simultaneous equations etc this is different

phewww at least i will get something. thanks for the reassurance.
Original post by Laura887
phewww at least i will get something. thanks for the reassurance.

were your answers similar to 23.3%?
Reply 7
were your answers similar to 23.3%?

are you doing economics and business edexcel unit 1 developing business ideas?
Original post by Hefty11

does anyone know if the topic of living standards is on the new specification
Original post by Hefty11

Lol Nah Edexcel Economics A Theme 1
Guys what is NEW to the spec for UNIT 2 this year because last time all the new stuff on the spec came up so I'm guessing all the new stuff will come up again, so someone pls tell me what it is
Reply 11
Original post by lilydavison6
Guys what is NEW to the spec for UNIT 2 this year because last time all the new stuff on the spec came up so I'm guessing all the new stuff will come up again, so someone pls tell me what it is

- National Happiness
- Disinflation, Growth of the Money Supply (under Inflation)
- Keynes and Animal Spirits, Degree of protectionism (under AD - Investment and Imports/Exports respectively)
- Different shapes of the AS curve (Keynesian and Classical)
- The different marginal propensities, and the calculation of the multiplier (MPC, MPS, MPT, MPM)
- Quantitative Easing (Monetary policy)
- Knowledge of demand side policies in the Great Depression and the 2008 GFC
- Distinction between market based and interventionist methods (Supply Side Policies)

This is what my teacher told us.
Reply 12
My teacher didn't really go through the Great Depression much, told us to to do it ourselves. I know there was a large fiscal stimulus package but that's about it, any brief pointers?
Original post by olrosengarten
I really hope unit 2 isn't that bad, I spent so long on unit 1 I feel really under prepared for unit 2

OMGG mee toooo ... :frown:
ah thank you perfect! I'm acc don't think theres any point trying to redeem my mark from unit 1 though Fml think i got about 2%
Original post by lilydavison6
ah thank you perfect! I'm acc don't think theres any point trying to redeem my mark from unit 1 though Fml think i got about 2%

Damn man thats insane, you can stop bragging now, you show off. Stop making others feel down.

I thought i got about 0.385%.

FOLLOW & REP ME TO MAKE ME FEEL BETTER!!!!
Can someone please explain to me how trade union powers is a supply side policies?Thanks, please rep and follow me!
Original post by Hot&SpicyChicken
Can someone please explain to me how trade union powers is a supply side policies?Thanks, please rep and follow me!

Trade unions can cause the labour work force to collectively get together and go on strike for example and demand higher wages, there increase the costs for firms pushing AS to the right, by finding policies to reduce the power of trade unions it will not allow the labour work force to do this, and increase effeicney for firms
Original post by Hot&SpicyChicken
Damn man thats insane, you can stop bragging now, you show off. Stop making others feel down.

I thought i got about 0.385%.

FOLLOW & REP ME TO MAKE ME FEEL BETTER!!!!

hahahahaha the worst of it all is only one I'm school who take economics so after the paper i was just sat in the room alone with no one else to be like well that was ****
guys wtaf i don't know anything about the great depression and that shite, i expected it to be like a case study kind of thing but honest;y i have no idea?! HELP

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending