The Student Room Group

RAMADAN 2016 Any muslims planning on secretly not fasting?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kraixo
Your answer doesn't make any sense.
I never denied that I wasn't born a muslim, don't know why you are getting jolly like you caught me out. I asked you a simple question how you can come to the conclusions that I am born a muslim and have been brainwashed, let me make it simple for you as you seem to be struggling comprehending a basic question, how do you account for the millions of Muslims who are converts?

Your wording and low intellect made you look like an atheist.

which means your accusation of me making baseless assumptions was wrong because I got it right: you HAVE been born a muslim which just confirms my original point that had you been born into another religion youd be saying that one is true. Converts to a religion comprise an insignificant minority, millions compared to over a billion is less 1%.

really? it was your low intellect that made me realised you were brainwashed from birth
Original post by sfaraj
lol fam, a C is pass....

Naaa fam. Google it. E defo pass.
I bet you're also the person who gets most excited about Eid even though you didn't fast
Original post by Anonymous
I was born into a muslim family, wouldn't consider myself a practicing Muslim at all. Last Ramadan i didn't fast i secretly ate when no one was around and i'm planning to do the same this year too as Ramadan approaches in a few weeks time. What are your thoughts on this? Do any fellow 'muslims' do this too? I know it's bad but i really don't see the point in fasting if i don't even practice the religion...? If you're a non muslims what are your thoughts on my decision? Just curious :smile:

If you're not a practicing muslim and your family is muslim then first of all you should tell your family how you feel about fasting. if you don't want to fast, then don't but don't pretend. Pretending to fast is not only disrespecting your family, but is also disrespecting Islam. I can't get around my head how you can pretend. The whole point of fasting to is to endure. Endure how it is for poor people not to have food, its to encourage us to give to charities help one another. You're breaking the trust of your family, who may feel proud of you because you're fasting. How can you sit on the dinner table with them opening your "fast", when they have actually been fasting and you've been pretending don't you feel guilty?
Attachment not found

My god.
I think it all comes down to your choice. Ive got about 5 pages into this thread, and I personally am not religious in any way and all I see are people who are trying to get you to do things against your will.
I have looked up Ramadam and i respect how others think about it, but from a purely science perspective, I think that fasting during the day places unnecessary stress on your body.
It appears that your mother (no offence to her or you) doesnt respect your wishes. Other people are trying to tell you to follow a religion (which from what I can tell) you have no interest in other than believing in Allah themself, which I'm sure that somewhere in your scripture (I haven't read it) Allah says how everyone has free will.
It really does come down to your choice and whether you wish to deceive or comply.
Stay alive friend.
It's a choice you have to make, I'm not religious but i fast and tend not to miss fasts. My friend she doesn't fast, its just a choice you make for yourself. To be honest xD you should have expected negative replies making a thread like this....and arguments.
(edited 7 years ago)
Tbh this is ridiculous! If you were fasting for your family to begin with, then what's the point? Fasting is a beautiful experience. It isn't about the food. Cultural perpetuation of Islam (usually Asian culture) is what misconstrues the true essence of Islam. Take this Ramadan as an opportunity to identify why you have reached this place. Ramadan is a time for deep contemplation and self-reflection. Open your mind and see how you feel after attempting to fast. May the blessings and mercy of God never be strange to you. :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Alsalamu alaikum brother/sister you seam very knowledgeable about islam. Do you have an islamic account on instagram or twitter. Sorry if this is weard but i like to learn more about islam and i realy respect knowledgeable people. I have an islamic account too on instagram.

Jazzakum allah khair
Original post by EllainKahlo
You pressed reply to me, you are the one evidently who is clueless. We wouldn't be having this conversation if it weren't for your initial decision.

lol ok your still confused.
If you don't really believe in it and don't think its important its even worse lying about it just admit your not fasting. Religion is meant to be between you and god don't follow religious obligations for others.
Reply 191
Original post by 2016_GCSE
If you don't want to follow Muslim, Why not tell your family?

It's fine to be different.

Yeah, that doesn't always work out so well.

I suggest you read this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/atheism/wiki/comingout
which means your accusation of me making baseless assumptions was wrong because I got it right: you HAVE been born a muslim which just confirms my original point that had you been born into another religion youd be saying that one is true. Converts to a religion comprise an insignificant minority, millions compared to over a billion is less 1%.

really? it was your low intellect that made me realised you were brainwashed from birth

Lol, I admitted that I was a born Muslim, you just keep on getting jolly and excited over nothing.
It was a baseless assumption, more of a guess don't lie to yourself. Your arguments are only and only based on assumptions.

If you were this then xyz would happen. Pls stahp
[QUOTE=Anonymous;65003277]I was born into a muslim family, wouldn't consider myself a practicing Muslim at all. Last Ramadan i didn't fast i secretly ate when no one was around and i'm planning to do the same this year too as Ramadan approaches in a few weeks time. What are your thoughts on this? Do any fellow 'muslims' do this too? I know it's bad but i really don't see the point in fasting if i don't even practice the religion...? If you're a non muslims what are your thoughts on my decision? Just curious :smile:

Please don't do that even if your not practicing the only connection you have is through Sallah and fasting, this is the only way to wipe your sins, this Dunya is only a test from God and allah is always looking so someone is always around when you eat, and also the Angel is writing your deeds all the time....you're never alone. I hope allah guides you and all the Muslims, including me
That is pathetic in so many different ways.
Your secretly fasting? Who are you trying to fool, you can't hide from God even if you can hide from your parents.
And honestly people on the other side of the world are dying from starvation yet you can't keep you stomach empty for a couple hours? It makes no sense
Original post by Kraixo
Lol, I admitted that I was a born Muslim, you just keep on getting jolly and excited over nothing.
It was a baseless assumption, more of a guess don't lie to yourself. Your arguments are only and only based on assumptions.

If you were this then xyz would happen. Pls stahp

im not getting jolly over anything, just statin the truth yo. You make baseless assumptions about ppl bein atheists
I'm fasting because it's the only time of year where I'm allowed to not eat by choice! Except I might not fast on the days on exams but eh I'll replace it later.

We fast to emphathy those who don't have food nor water as it changes our view on what the situation is about. It actually helps :smile: Over here, every Ramadan I do this charity thing where I buy and pack food and put them in the fridge at the local mosque where those who can't afford food go to get some. You should give fasting a try out of want and not by force. You can do this! :wink: Good luck Hun!
im not getting jolly over anything, just statin the truth yo. You make baseless assumptions about ppl bein atheists

ok
Original post by mariah2011
If you're not a practicing muslim and your family is muslim then first of all you should tell your family how you feel about fasting. if you don't want to fast, then don't but don't pretend. Pretending to fast is not only disrespecting your family, but is also disrespecting Islam. I can't get around my head how you can pretend. The whole point of fasting to is to endure. Endure how it is for poor people not to have food, its to encourage us to give to charities help one another. You're breaking the trust of your family, who may feel proud of you because you're fasting. How can you sit on the dinner table with them opening your "fast", when they have actually been fasting and you've been pretending don't you feel guilty?

im sorry but this is just awful advice. Many Muslim families would disown or kick out their children for admitting things like this so it doesn't take a genius to realise that pretending is by far the most sensible option until they have a job and their own money so they can fend for themselves. what's ridiculous is this misplaced sense of honour that should be placed above personal safety, as in that's it better to admit their not muslim or not fasting even if it means they'll be kicked out or disowned. This is a very dangerous and harmful way to think.
I was born into a muslim family, wouldn't consider myself a practicing Muslim at all. Last Ramadan i didn't fast i secretly ate when no one was around and i'm planning to do the same this year too as Ramadan approaches in a few weeks time. What are your thoughts on this? Do any fellow 'muslims' do this too? I know it's bad but i really don't see the point in fasting if i don't even practice the religion...? If you're a non muslims what are your thoughts on my decision? Just curious :smile:

u may be eating secretly hiding away from your parents but allah is still watching you

Quick Reply

Latest