The Student Room Group

A2 Edexcel Geography 2016 Contested Planet/Geographical Research

Scroll to see replies

Original post by marchaprilmay
I've created a short questionnaire to look a bit more into part of Unit 4 The World of Cultural diversity topic. If you could take like 2 minutes to fill it out it would help :smile: Thanks! https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/5LWL6WN

Done :smile:
It's so easy; its like 2+2
Original post by Thephysicist123
It's so easy; its like 2+2

what is?
Original post by awesomewarsome
for the plate tectonics question, where it asks you to assess the role of tectonic activity in producing a range of distinctive landscapes, does this mean you have to explain how tectonic activity produces these landscapes, but also assess the role of other thingslike denundation/erosion and mass slumping etc, and how also those play a role in the formation of landscapes? would that be your argument?

I was told as long as you evaluate something, you reach the top marks. For example I'm going to argue that volcanic structures are more distinctive then seismic landforms at each plate boundary (+Mantle plumes), then explain the processes that form them, but then as a sub argument I'm going to comment on external factors, such as erosion, weathering etc.
Does anyone have predictions for the questions on Energy, water and development gap? (15 marks)

Also questions do you think are likely to come up for the superpowers section?
Original post by OrdinaryStudent
Does anyone have predictions for the questions on Energy, water and development gap? (15 marks)

Also questions do you think are likely to come up for the superpowers section?

For super powers, the first question is most likely gonna involve "Assess the extent to which china/india are superpowers/potential to be superpowers. The last one will most likely involve climate change e.g. how will future climate change effect growth etc. The middle question could be something along the lines of sustainability.

IDK about energy, water or development gap.
Guysss PLEASEEEE did anyone do a sample report for U4 Tectonics??or has found a sample from January 2011?i need so much help with phrasing,structure etc..i have all the points i want to add but dont know how to elaborate on them!i need to see a sample!I found some online for 2011 but they dont follow the right structure or they arr copy-pastes from the textbook..so im guessing they would be marked really low..please help!anyone have a report from their teacher or something that was marked??Thanksss
Original post by Indigo.Brownhall
Sure! But for some reason it will not allow me to upload it :frown: so if you give me your email I can send it that way!

Indigo

Hey, would you be able to send this to me too? I can message you my email address :smile:
Original post by beachelsea
Hey, I have just made a document analysing each resource from the resource booklet for the superpower question, if anyone wants me to upload it just let me know!

This would literally save me!! Please could you email it to me if you don't mind: [email protected]
Original post by lillyac
Guysss PLEASEEEE did anyone do a sample report for U4 Tectonics??or has found a sample from January 2011?i need so much help with phrasing,structure etc..i have all the points i want to add but dont know how to elaborate on them!i need to see a sample!I found some online for 2011 but they dont follow the right structure or they arr copy-pastes from the textbook..so im guessing they would be marked really low..please help!anyone have a report from their teacher or something that was marked??Thanksss

Hi I've done a sample report for tectonics which my teacher says is good if you want it then could you send me your email address as it won't let me upload it.
Original post by CriminalMinds
Hi I've done a sample report for tectonics which my teacher says is good if you want it then could you send me your email address as it won't let me upload it.
Hi Could you send it to me please, thanks [email protected]
Original post by ramanjassal98
My teachers didn't bother buying the Ziz Zag Resource Pack but I thought it looked very helpful. Me and my other 2 classmates decided to split the cost and purchase it ourselves and it turns out the teachers booklet has lots of good summary information on Section B as well as well thought out practise questions for the whole of Unit 3 including mark schemes.

Despite it costing me around 65 pounds (around £22 when split between the class) I am happy to send a scanned PDF of the booklets for free to help you guys! I don't want to upload them here as I don't want to get into trouble for copyright but you can email me at [email protected] and I can send them to you. Due to being busy with exams I won't always be able to log in and check my messages if you send me your email address I can send it quickly as Iwill always have access to my inbox.

Good luck!

I have emailed you :smile:
My teachers didn't bother buying the Ziz Zag Resource Pack but I thought it looked very helpful. Me and my other 2 classmates decided to split the cost and purchase it ourselves and it turns out the teachers booklet has lots of good summary information on Section B as well as well thought out practise questions for the whole of Unit 3 including mark schemes. Despite it costing me around 65 pounds (around £22 when split between the class) I am happy to send a scanned PDF of the booklets for free to help you guys! I don't want to upload them here as I don't want to get into trouble for copyright but you can email me at [email protected] and I can send them to you. Due to being busy with exams I won't always be able to log in and check my messages if you send me your email address I can send it quickly as Iwill always have access to my inbox.Good luck!
Emailed you as well, would be so grateful thank you
My teachers didn't bother buying the Ziz Zag Resource Pack but I thought it looked very helpful from the online preview. Me and my other 2 classmates decided to split the cost and purchase it ourselves and it turns out the pack is amazing! It has lots of good summaries on Section B and the AIB as well 2 sets of practise questions for the whole of Unit 3 including mark schemes.

Despite costing me around 65 pounds (around £22 when split between the class) I am happy to send a scanned PDF of the 2 booklets for free to help you guys! I don't want to upload them here as I don't want to get into trouble for copyright but I am more than happy to send them via email. :smile:

Due to being busy with exams I won't always be able to login into Student Room to check my messages here and the thread so if you send me an email at [email protected]
I'll be able to send it much quicker as I always have access to my inbox on my phone.

Good luck for Geography and your other exams! :biggrin:

I have emailed you also thank you so much!!
Original post by CriminalMinds

Hey! Just wondering if you might be able to email this to me to!
[email protected]
can someone make a quick plan for these questions for tectonics unit 4:

1) to what extent are tectonic processes the main factor for the formation of mountain ranges?
2) assess the reasons why distinctive landscapes are formed in areas of tectonic activity?

and scan someone tell me the difference between these two questions and how they would answer this:

- evaluate the role of seismic processes in creating a range of distinctive landscapes
- to what extent do seismic processes contribute to the formation of distinctive landscapes?

I understand the latter requires to create debate between concepts like seismic v volcanic and seismic v weathering/denundation etc, but im wondering if the first question requires you to do the same or does it want you to outline the different seismic processes like folding/faulting and then evaluate them in detail without bringing in other factors, or does it still require you to bring in other factors like the second question does. I think I'm just confused between the command words.
can someone make a quick plan for these questions for tectonics unit 4:1) to what extent are tectonic processes the main factor for the formation of mountain ranges?2) assess the reasons why distinctive landscapes are formed in areas of tectonic activity?and scan someone tell me the difference between these two questions and how they would answer this:- evaluate the role of seismic processes in creating a range of distinctive landscapes- to what extent do seismic processes contribute to the formation of distinctive landscapes?I understand the latter requires to create debate between concepts like seismic v volcanic and seismic v weathering/denundation etc, but im wondering if the first question requires you to do the same or does it want you to outline the different seismic processes like folding/faulting and then evaluate them in detail without bringing in other factors, or does it still require you to bring in other factors like the second question does. I think I'm just confused between the command words.
Are you sure that you would be asked that first question, the pre-released stated its role in creating distinctive and unique landscapes so surely it wouldn't ask for the role it has in just creating one type of landscape?
Could anyone help me with Unit 3 Synoptic Section B on Superpowers. I'm really struggling with structuring my answer and which content to use within it. In my mock for the synoptic I got a D which has made me so anxious for the exam.
If anyone understands the synoptic please help me out I would appreciate it so much
Original post by 99joey
Are you sure that you would be asked that first question, the pre-released stated its role in creating distinctive and unique landscapes so surely it wouldn't ask for the role it has in just creating one type of landscape?

they were some questions my teacher and a few other teachers came up with, but i agree with you, i was skeptical as to whether they'd ask it, but thats why i was wondering if anyone had any idea of how to tackle it. however, i dont think itll actually come up so i wouldnt worry about it, but id still want to know how to plan and write a hard essay like that in the event that something like that DID come up
they were some questions my teacher and a few other teachers came up with, but i agree with you, i was skeptical as to whether they'd ask it, but thats why i was wondering if anyone had any idea of how to tackle it. however, i dont think itll actually come up so i wouldnt worry about it, but id still want to know how to plan and write a hard essay like that in the event that something like that DID come up
Have you done any research on seismic? I've gone over tectonic and volcanic but I have nothing on seismic D:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending