The Student Room Group

RAMADAN 2016 Any muslims planning on secretly not fasting?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
why though...? :s-smilie:

read the consequences and youll know
Lol...... uhm how old are u?
Yes, but what if you secretly eat..? Your mum won't know therefore she can't beat you.... !

ur mum may not be watching but allah is
Clearly, you're not obtaining all your information from the correct place. Because the ratio's you've given, link to completely different quotes.

The "talking hands and feet" links to the topic of The day of Judgement, which is a whole different topic.
The quote correctly, is, " Enter into it this day because you disbelieved. On that day We will set a seal upon their mouths, and their hands shall speak to Us, and their feet shall bear witness of what they earned. (36:63-65)"

This quote explains how all our wrong doings will be revealed in terms of the wrong we committed through our own actions. You've once again, misinterpreted the quote.

Secondly, the quote again is actually, "And He completed them as seven heavens within two days and inspired in each heaven its command. And We adorned the nearest heaven with lamps and as protection. That is the determination of the Exalted in Might, the Knowing."

Meaning, the earth was created within 7 days, as well as the heavens. the "lamps" obviously ferring to the stars. According to what you've interpreted, there is NOTHING said about the stars being created before the earth.

Moving on, the actual quote AGAIN, is, "And made the moon therein a [reflected] light and made the sun a burning lamp?"
This clearly states that the moon reflects the light from the Sun ... So you obviously obtained your information from somewhere other than the Quran itself.

The elephants were not turned into chewing grass>> " Have you not considered, [O Muhammad], how your Lord dealt with the companions of the elephant?"And He made them like eaten straw.
This quote clearly says that the COMPANIONS of the elephant, referring to the bad guys who at the time walked with them, were attacked by the flock of birds. Again, your interpretation is wrongly assumed.

As for the men turning into apes as you say, is no where mentioned in a Quraanic quote. The quote of the ratio you referred to is actually,
"And [recall] when Moses prayed for water for his people, so We said, "Strike with your staff the stone." And there gushed forth from it twelve springs, and every people knew its watering place. "Eat and drink from the provision of Allah, and do not commit abuse on the earth, spreading corruption." (60)"

NOTHING mentioned about dead people being bought back to life with beef. LOL, WHERE ARE YOU OBTAINING YOUR FAKE INFORMATION FROM.. PLEASE!
The quote for that ratio is actually, "And (remember) when you killed a man and fell into dispute among yourselves as to the crime. But Allah brought forth that which you were hiding." Nothing mentioned about beef there

Lastly, quote 91:1-2 is actually "By the sun and its radiance.And the moon as it follows it." Come on you got this quote wrong?!!! THE SUN COMES UP FIRST, THEN SETS, AND IS THEN FOLLOWED BY THE MOON!GOSH, Learn the authentic quotes before using them as evidence! MOST OF YOUR QUOTES were wrongly interpreted AND, Wrongly ratio'd.

Alsalamu alaikum brother/sister you seam very knowledgeable about islam. Do you have an islamic account on instagram or twitter. Sorry if this is weard but i like to learn more about islam and i realy respect knowledgeable people. I have an islamic account too on instagram.

Jazzakum allah khair

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not going to fast too. Not because I'm a rubbish Muslim, but because my A-Levels are smack bang in the middle. I'm still going to do all the other normal stuff like praying etc but i'll make up my fasts after ramadan finishes and my exams.

your not allowed to do that and think about it you dont listen to do what allah says and then u ask for help saying oh allah make me pass my a levels dosent make snese
if u dont wanna fast then dont

dont just "pretend" too fast, thts just dumb asf,

lmao but im still fasting even wid exams
I'm not a guy i'm a girl... i just don't see why i should be fasting if i don't practice ANYTHING at all from my religion just doesn't make sense to me ...

well then u need try atleast one thing becuase that ded you may be forgiving
Original post by champ_mc99
Of course it isn't as theres no such thing as DNA. You're being condesending. I got an E which is a pass so there.

Last time I checked a C was a pass.

And what's more what is an E anyway, like 27%? So that means, I lost less marks than you gained! Yeah you're in a great position to lecture me that DNA doesn't exist aren't you. What questions did you even get right in your biology exam? The one where they ask you to count the dots? Actually from the sounds of it, even that would be too mentally strenuous for you!
(edited 7 years ago)
ngl, i find it difficult to pray once a day, let alone 5 times a day, but subhanallah i find it so easy to pray every single prayer in ramadan and i feel so connected with the religion, but outside of it it goes straight back to old habits.

I believe it is something to do with the shaytaan being locked up in the month of ramadan

thats true and also when you dont eat you feel exhausted and allah showers his mercy upon us as is the month allah has given obviously his given all the months but the main blesssed month
Clearly, you're not obtaining all your information from the correct place. Because the ratio's you've given, link to completely different quotes.

The "talking hands and feet" links to the topic of The day of Judgement, which is a whole different topic.
The quote correctly, is, " Enter into it this day because you disbelieved. On that day We will set a seal upon their mouths, and their hands shall speak to Us, and their feet shall bear witness of what they earned. (36:63-65)"

This quote explains how all our wrong doings will be revealed in terms of the wrong we committed through our own actions. You've once again, misinterpreted the quote.

Secondly, the quote again is actually, "And He completed them as seven heavens within two days and inspired in each heaven its command. And We adorned the nearest heaven with lamps and as protection. That is the determination of the Exalted in Might, the Knowing."

Meaning, the earth was created within 7 days, as well as the heavens. the "lamps" obviously ferring to the stars. According to what you've interpreted, there is NOTHING said about the stars being created before the earth.

Moving on, the actual quote AGAIN, is, "And made the moon therein a [reflected] light and made the sun a burning lamp?"
This clearly states that the moon reflects the light from the Sun ... So you obviously obtained your information from somewhere other than the Quran itself.

The elephants were not turned into chewing grass>> " Have you not considered, [O Muhammad], how your Lord dealt with the companions of the elephant?"And He made them like eaten straw.
This quote clearly says that the COMPANIONS of the elephant, referring to the bad guys who at the time walked with them, were attacked by the flock of birds. Again, your interpretation is wrongly assumed.

As for the men turning into apes as you say, is no where mentioned in a Quraanic quote. The quote of the ratio you referred to is actually,
"And [recall] when Moses prayed for water for his people, so We said, "Strike with your staff the stone." And there gushed forth from it twelve springs, and every people knew its watering place. "Eat and drink from the provision of Allah, and do not commit abuse on the earth, spreading corruption." (60)"

NOTHING mentioned about dead people being bought back to life with beef. LOL, WHERE ARE YOU OBTAINING YOUR FAKE INFORMATION FROM.. PLEASE!
The quote for that ratio is actually, "And (remember) when you killed a man and fell into dispute among yourselves as to the crime. But Allah brought forth that which you were hiding." Nothing mentioned about beef there

Lastly, quote 91:1-2 is actually "By the sun and its radiance.And the moon as it follows it." Come on you got this quote wrong?!!! THE SUN COMES UP FIRST, THEN SETS, AND IS THEN FOLLOWED BY THE MOON!GOSH, Learn the authentic quotes before using them as evidence! MOST OF YOUR QUOTES were wrongly interpreted AND, Wrongly ratio'd.

What is all religion other than a series of interpretations (often incorrect ones) of ancient texts?
No i will not secretly fast, because you need to remember that it doesn't matter lying to your parents most importantly God knows what you are doing and if you feel ashamed then that you shouldn't feel ashamed that your lying to your parents instead being ashamed for not practicing the things in order to be a Muslim. It's only one month of your life, but i get its during exams and stuff, just fast the days you don't have an exam.

life is a test suffering will occur
I know i'm gonna end up in hell... It's not like i'm an atheist i do believe there's a god and still believe Islam is THE religion etc. but i just don't practice it...

well ask allah for the guidance and hang out with those who practise religion than those who influence you to go astary
Another topic started by a non-Muslim ?

"I am a Muslim but I am doing anything which is against Islam, you should do the same."

This is a poor tactic.
My parents aren't forcing me to fast. They say that it is my choice. Lots of my family don't mind it when we don't fast as it is really dumb and cruel to force your kids to. Buuuuut, I will be fasting as I find it really enjoyable ^_^!
Original post by Raizelcadres
I would like to know why you don't believe in God?

I don't know why you do. You should remove the log from your own eye before you attempt to remove the speck from others'. I think that applies pretty well to all religious arguments. You simply refuse to acknowledge what lies right in front of you. There is no evidence for god other than the existence of a few old books which are only deemed evidence because the "believers" believe that they are evidence. However, there is an abundance of evidence pointing evolution and the big bang and the non-existence of god. At most if "god" does exist, it is simply a word for the laws of nature and physics, rather than an omnipotent omnipresent being. Indeed, if there was a "god" it is neither omnipotent and omnipresent. It would a cruel, callous and vindictive being who cares little for the wellbeing of its creations.

If you generally believe god exists in this world/ universe, then you should absolutely no worship it, because there is nothing good about such a being to worship.
(edited 7 years ago)
I still won't fast i've already made my mind up :frown:

if youve made your mind up allah has given the consequences not here to judge but if dont b forgiven good luck ahead
Original post by Kraixo
Wake up!
Go educate yourself on the deen before death overtakes you which can come at any moment, then there are no second chances if you lived your life worshipping your desires which you are clearly doing right now then there is no good ending. The whole point of being Muslim is to submit yourself to god and live according to the laws set by god. Sorry for being intrusive but not fasting while you are clearly able to fast and know that it's obligatory seems hypocritical to me, and hypocrisy belongs to the lowest level of hell.

sigh... And Allah knows best.

Spoiler

love that answer :smile:
Original post by Kraixo
Your answer doesn't make any sense.
I never denied that I wasn't born a muslim, don't know why you are getting jolly like you caught me out. I asked you a simple question how you can come to the conclusions that I am born a muslim and have been brainwashed, let me make it simple for you as you seem to be struggling comprehending a basic question, how do you account for the millions of Muslims who are converts?

Your wording and low intellect made you look like an atheist.

Islamic Radicalisation & Forceful imposition
No.

Funny how a bunch of uneducated Muslims decide to set the rules and say it's ok to not fast and to make for it later. Stop misleading others. Grow up, stop acting like children. Ramadan only happens once in a year, as soon as you smell its fragrance that's when it ends. Just be glad you are healthy individuals.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by haboshti_1
I remember when I was young(nearly 7), I waited until the Ramadan to fast, because I feel that Ramadan is the most beautiful days of the year.
but i'll not fasting this year, because i have GCSEs exams,so my parents told me i can fast after my exams :frown:

Spoiler

life is a test suffering will occur

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending