The Student Room Group

OCR A453 GCSE Grade-boundaries?

Can someone please send me the link of the OCR GCSE A453 Grade-boundaries of 2015 please..
Also I got A and A in my coursework so could someone please tell me what i roughly need to get an A* and also A overall thanks <3
Reply 1
Original post by ShahbazKHAN
Can someone please send me the link of the OCR GCSE A453 Grade-boundaries of 2015 please..
Also I got A and A in my coursework so could someone please tell me what i roughly need to get an A* and also A overall thanks <3

These are the grade boundaries for last year:
http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/246983-unit-level-raw-mark-and-ums-grade-boundaries-june-2015-now-includes-gcse.pdf

GCSE Computing is on Page 28, I'm not sure which part specifically you'd like :smile:
Original post by CaptErin
http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/246983-unit-level-raw-mark-and-ums-grade-boundaries-june-2015-now-includes-gcse.pdf

GCSE Computing is on Page 28, I'm not sure which part specifically you'd like :smile:

thanks!

what is Raw + UMS?
Reply 4
what is Raw + UMS?

Raw = the mark you got (out of 45 for the programming project, 80 for the exam)
UMS = the system used by exam boards to calculate what grade you get. Each score is equal to a certain number of UMS 'points', then they add all of your UMS points together and the total is your grade.

For computing, A* = 270 UMS points, A = 240 UMS points. So if you got 35/45 on your two programming projects (the bare minimum needed for an A), you'd have 144 UMS points from the projects, so you'd need 126 UMS points from the paper which you can't get. Can you remember how many marks you got out of 45 for each project? Then I can try and work out how many marks you would need in the paper based on the UMS points :smile:
Raw = the mark you got (out of 45 for the programming project, 80 for the exam)
UMS = the system used by exam boards to calculate what grade you get. Each score is equal to a certain number of UMS 'points', then they add all of your UMS points together and the total is your grade.

For computing, A* = 270 UMS points, A = 240 UMS points. So if you got 35/45 on your two programming projects (the bare minimum needed for an A), you'd have 144 UMS points from the projects, so you'd need 126 UMS points from the paper which you can't get. Can you remember how many marks you got out of 45 for each project? Then I can try and work out how many marks you would need in the paper based on the UMS points :smile:

for yr 10 i got 39 and yr 11 i got 40

so 39 ////// 40
Reply 6
for yr 10 i got 39 and yr 11 i got 40

so 39 ////// 40

It changes every year (for example the boundary is 40.5 for an A* this year, but was 40 last year for programming). But based on last year's boundaries:
For Year 10: 78
For Year 11: 80

= 158 UMS

270 UMS is always the boundary for an A*, so you'd need 112 UMS in your exam, which last year was about 64/80 marks because the exam was so hard.

240 is the boundary for an A, so you'd need 82 UMS from the exam which you could get from getting just below a B (about 38 marks).

That doesn't seem quite right aha, I'll have another look later to double check but that's what I got (trying to calculate UMS for OCR is really confusing because they don't have a UMS calculator!) I hope that helps a bit (:
It changes every year (for example the boundary is 40.5 for an A* this year, but was 40 last year for programming). But based on last year's boundaries:
For Year 10: 78
For Year 11: 80

= 158 UMS

270 UMS is always the boundary for an A*, so you'd need 112 UMS in your exam, which last year was about 64/80 marks because the exam was so hard.

240 is the boundary for an A, so you'd need 82 UMS from the exam which you could get from getting just below a B (about 38 marks).
:

Oh thanks :smile: Basically i need to get an A / B in the exam to get A or A* overall right?
Reply 8
Oh thanks :smile: Basically i need to get an A / B in the exam to get A or A* overall right?

Yeah :smile: For an A* overall you'd need a high A*, for an A an A or a B :smile:
Reply 9
hi guys can someone help me out as well i got an A in a452 which is 39 which doubles to 78 and then for the a453 i got 56 altogether so in total i have 134 and can someone plz tell how much i need to get in the exam to get a B or A in the exam thanks plz reply thank u guys

Quick Reply

Latest